Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I read something today that might have helped prevent the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,566

I read something today that might have helped prevent the

Jun 20, 2015, 1:44 PM

Charleston tragedy. It went something like this...

"One Nation, under God, ...".

I thought about that for a minute, and realized how prophetic that really is. It's a shame we don't think about that statement a lot more. To be "One Nation", most of us are going to have to put aside a lot of differences and try to just get along. I truly thought that the younger generation was closer to achieving this than us ol' farts, but maybe I was wrong about that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I read something today that might have helped prevent the

Jun 20, 2015, 1:59 PM

Although I do believe there is an all out assault on religion, especially Christianity, in this country. There is also an assault on our nation You have to remember that a lot of hate groups highly identity with religion. There are many examples, I'm sure you can figure out which ones. There are many extremist sects, Even in Christianity. Unfortunately for the Caucasian community, we have the white supremacists. They are teaching a message, other than what Christ had in mind.

I too thought the younger generation was closer. From what I'm seeing around the country, my experience must be very sheltered. Let's pray the hate mothers don't win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jun 20, 2015, 5:06 PM

> Although I do believe there is an all out assault on
> religion, especially Christianity, in this country.

There isn't an "Assault on Christianity" in this country. If anything it is an attack on "christians". No one has a problem with Christianity but many of us have a problem with "christians" who militarize the Holy Scripture in order to punish those they disagree with.

Christianity isn't the problem, it's many who identify themselves as Christians who don't seem to understand the love, tolerance and polictical agnosticism that he taught.

IMO

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2015, 8:19 PM

Uhhhh.... Ok

Pretty much what i said

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jun 20, 2015, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I read something today that might have helped prevent the ]

There are hate groups on both sides of the issue.The KKK are a hate group that acts out with intimidation and Violets. The NAACP are a hate group that acts out by pointing fingers with accusation of racism. The truth is, both groups are racist, and both groups are haters of the opposite race. I believe without either group stirring the race card, America would have a much better chance to heal and grow away from racism.

Placing the KKK and NAACP on the same level is ludicrous.

Jun 21, 2015, 1:30 AM

You may want to rethink that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 21, 2015, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I read something today that might have helped prevent the ]

> There are hate groups on both sides of the issue.The
> KKK are a hate group that acts out with intimidation
> and Violets. The NAACP are a hate group that acts out
> by pointing fingers with accusation of racism. The
> truth is, both groups are racist, and both groups are
> haters of the opposite race. I believe without either
> group stirring the race card, America would have a
> much better chance to heal and grow away from racism.

The 7 white people who founded the NAACP say hello...as does the white Vietnam vet, former prosecutor and judge who is the President of the Maricopa County AZ. branch of the NAACP.

Calling the NAACP a hate group is just ignorance. It's just an to nullify their fight for equal rights. Anyone who thinks that blacks are treated equally as whites in this country are either delusional or fools.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm 35.. from Charleston. Not sure where I count

Jun 20, 2015, 2:14 PM

in the younger generation timelinw, but we are closer. By volume, I believe we are far more accepting of race, beliefs, lifestyles, and practices assuming they cause no harm to anyone else.
I also think that our whackos are way more extreme. Lots of potential reasons for this, but not important here. It taints our progress. I heard Tim Scott tell a Fox reporter, paraphrasing, that though it is convenient to attempt to link this heinous act to a darkened history it is inaccurate and irresponsible to do so. The progress we have made is large and it is evidenced by the strength off the community response.
Not to belittle, but to draw an insufficient analogy, it reminded me of Dabo insinuating that Clemsoning was lazy journalism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I'm 35.. from Charleston. Not sure where I count

Jun 20, 2015, 2:41 PM

well we are closer but then we see some heinous extremes. Its like more are together in the middle (average but still just enough nuts on each side of the spectrum to cause problems.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen brother.***

Jun 20, 2015, 2:48 PM

null

Jun 20, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to I'm 35.. from Charleston. Not sure where I count ]

I believe we're much, much closer, too, Soy...and have been moving in that direction for many years...certainly back to my youth in Charleston. The problem today is, the information age/media wants to report what draws eye$...and good new$ and hope don't do that.

What Charleston have managed to do where other cities failed was making sure Charleston's voice is heard loud and clear, not some national pundit trying to espouse expertise on something he/she knows nothing of.

By the way...no one's seen Brian Williams in the city, have they? :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2015, 2:30 AM [ in reply to I'm 35.. from Charleston. Not sure where I count ]

I disagree that our problems are resolved with the younger generation. There is still a lot of inequality we need to overcome. And research shows that people are still very prejudiced. The problem now is the prejudicial behavior that people aren't aware of.

Jun 20, 2015, 3:10 PM

get obummer, the demos/libs and that worthless Sur Court in line and all be be OK

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's cool,

Jun 20, 2015, 4:15 PM

what does your God think about? God means multiple things to different people. Christianity teaches tolerance, but apparently it is lacking in many of us.

Go Tigers, whatever God you prefer.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,566
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic