Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After 9 years do you consider what CBB has done
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 114
| visibility 1

After 9 years do you consider what CBB has done

Jan 28, 2019, 7:57 AM

Success or failure?

Be honest....

And if it’s failure after this long. Why continue to make excuses and keep him.

Go....

Message was edited by: Membersonly

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both***

Jan 28, 2019, 8:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: After 9 years do you consider what CBB has done

Jan 28, 2019, 8:04 AM

IF YOU WANT TO CHEAT OR LIVE IN THE GRAY AREA GET RID OF BRAD TODAY BECAUSE HE WILL NOT DO THAT. IF YOU JUST WANT TO WIN AT ANY COST GET RID OF BRAD. IF YOU WANT THE PROGRAM TO BE RUN WITH CLASS KEEP BRAD. IT AINT REALLY ROCKET SURGERY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it's your contention that a college basketball coach

Jan 28, 2019, 8:18 AM

can't win without cheating?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So it's your contention that a college basketball coach

Jan 28, 2019, 8:52 AM

Ask Roy, Jim or Rick....

And they had "blue blood" program levels, not "our historically best coach is still under .500 in ACC conference play".

Couple questions...

Jan 28, 2019, 9:01 AM

1. Roy, Jim or Rick who?

2. Why would I ask these people you name what deroberts' opinion is on college basketball coaches?

Re: Couple questions...

Jan 28, 2019, 9:30 AM

Roy Williams (UNCheat's academic fraud), Jim Boeheim "YMCA pay-for-play" scandal, and then Rick Pitino's swinging Adidas scandal. That is at least 224 win vacated in the last 15 years.

So UNC, Louisville, and 'Cuse.

Only Louisville has had to vacate titles. The Cuse should have to vacate the 2003 title, and Carolina should have to vacate theirs... but you know, NCAA randomness.

Insightful, pragmatic, & "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"

Jan 28, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: After 9 years do you consider what CBB has done ]

To some, they would say it is broken.
To most, it is what it is, and about the best it will ever get.
Accepting mediocrity? Yes, but let's do ONE thing REALLY well...FOOTBALL!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Jan 28, 2019, 8:09 AM

Did BB miss 4 straight free throws at the end of the game against NC State ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

^^^Oh good, this argument again

Jan 28, 2019, 8:17 AM

No he didn't miss free throws, but he sure as heck made some poor decisions down the stretch.

Re: ^^^Oh good, this argument again

Jan 28, 2019, 9:15 AM

Ok, what decisions ? Let's here it coach GWP

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Hear here!

Jan 28, 2019, 9:24 AM

-I didn't like his personnel rotations over the last minute of the game.
-The decision to foul immediately with more than 9 seconds on the clock and up 3 points is a head scratcher.
-When NCSU's defense went to a full court press, our team looked lost and actually passed into a trap on the sidelines.

Personally, I don't care if we keep Brad or not. I used to want him gone, then last year was great, although it is an outlier. I'm just indifferent because I like Brad and there are a lot of positives to his approach. Our guards struggled shooting the entire game, and the missed free throws were daggers, but I'm also not going to pretend that coaching decisions didn't help NCSU win.

Your reasoning sounds pretty Coachmacish, if the best

Jan 28, 2019, 12:40 PM

FT shooter in Clemson History doesn't miss 4 straight we win..."-I didn't like his personnel rotations over the last minute of the game." That's the reason we lost? A lawyer didn't like his rotations? Give me a break

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy, here we go with CM Shack's reading comprehension

Jan 28, 2019, 12:57 PM

struggles again. Can you please show me where I said his personnel rotation is "the reason we lost?"

TIA

You made the list, you tell me why you made it***

Jan 28, 2019, 1:00 PM

Because retired asked me and I answered

Jan 28, 2019, 1:11 PM

Do you think it was a smart decision to foul immediately while up 3 points and 9+ seconds on the clock?

So you're not saying that's why we lost?***

Jan 28, 2019, 1:14 PM

No, and if you read my post and are able to

Jan 28, 2019, 1:19 PM

comprehend what you are reading then you will see I am not saying that personnel rotation is why we lost. Now answer the question about fouling with 9+ seconds left...or does that not fit your narrative?

So it's not your contention that it's not the 4 missed FTs

Jan 28, 2019, 1:25 PM

that cost us the game, but poor coaching decisions down the stretch?

It's my contention that you're still struggling with

Jan 28, 2019, 1:40 PM

reading comprehension or else you wouldn't still be asking this question. I'll type slowly for you since you don't get it...

We lost by 2 points. There are 40 minutes in a game. You can point to a lot of reasons why we lost.

-Making 3 of those 4 FTs, we win even though for the entire game Clemson missed 9 free throws
-Making just 1 of the 7 3's we missed, we win
-Commit less than 15 turnovers, maybe we win
-Brownell makes better decisions in the final minute, maybe we win

My point is this, in a 40-minute game it is patently stupid to point to those 4 free throws as THE reason we lost.

at least you can admit those WERE your reasons for why you

Jan 28, 2019, 1:51 PM

think we lost now...that's a start

Had you read and understood the entire first post I made

Jan 28, 2019, 1:58 PM

and you responded to, we could have saved some time. But you didn't, so here we are.

And you have conveniently ignored my question about immediately fouling with 9+ seconds on the clock twice now. It was a stupid decision.

I read and understood it perfectly, it's not me walking

Jan 28, 2019, 3:24 PM

anything back, that would be you...Here are a list of poor coaching decisions that cost us the game, but didn't cost us the game...but they did...But they didn't...And no, I don't think fouling cost us the game but I DO think giving up a 3 there would have instantly caused the knee jerk reaction to question why we DIDN'T foul there, so there's your answer

If you believe that's what I said then you are

Jan 28, 2019, 7:52 PM

beyond dense. Provide a link where I said we lost solely because of coaching decisions.

Also, I never asked if you thought fouling cost us the game. For some reason you don't understand English. I will copy and paste the question again, even though you will ignore it and try to invent some alternate reality:

"Do you think it was a smart decision to foul immediately while up 3 points and 9+ seconds on the clock?"

Please C&P the sentence where I said only or solely***

Jan 28, 2019, 8:25 PM

^^^Still ignoring the foul question

Jan 28, 2019, 8:33 PM

DEFLECT! DEFLECT AT ALL COSTS!

No, I answered, I don't think it cost us the game...I think

Jan 28, 2019, 10:49 PM

the game was lost at the FT line late in the game, I've been pretty clear about that

still waiting on that c&p though...chop chop***

Jan 28, 2019, 10:54 PM

Re: still waiting on that c&p though...chop chop***

Jan 29, 2019, 9:35 AM

deflect deflect deflect, where's the c&p of me saying solely

Jan 29, 2019, 3:08 PM

or only? Can't help but notice you have failed to provide that...again

C&P of him saying you said "solely"?

Jan 29, 2019, 3:09 PM

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

here is where he inferred that I said it

Jan 29, 2019, 3:12 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/If-you-believe-thats-what-I-said-then-you-are-24991666

He inferred it or he said it?

Jan 29, 2019, 3:20 PM

Y'all have me confused.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Your confused?

Jan 29, 2019, 3:30 PM

hail, I need a map to wade through all the stoopid in this thread.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

He inferred that I said it...try to keep up***

Jan 29, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to He inferred it or he said it? ]

So you want him to C&P something that he didn't say you said

Jan 29, 2019, 3:39 PM

?

Here you go FM, hopefully this helps...

Jan 29, 2019, 3:41 PM

Do you try and put words in the bird's mouth too? Does the

Jan 29, 2019, 4:03 PM

bird hurt your feelings to the extent that you feel the need to mention him in unrelated posts? Because I did that to you

That was my entire point...He was attempting to put words in

Jan 29, 2019, 3:59 PM [ in reply to So you want him to C&P something that he didn't say you said ]

my mouth and I called him on it and he deflected and then fled

Help me catch up.

Jan 29, 2019, 4:02 PM

Which words was he trying to put in your mouth?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Help me catch up.

Jan 29, 2019, 4:05 PM

That he hates America, Clemson basketball will always suck, Brad Brownell is the best we eill ever do, no need to ever look for another coach, and the Esso Club is a dump just like Littlejohn, our fans suck. He said most of those things.

Link to where I said I hate America...I'll get to the rest

Jan 29, 2019, 4:09 PM

of your projected BS after you back up your first claim

He attempted to say that I said he said we solely lost due

Jan 29, 2019, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Help me catch up. ]

fouling early...which I did not...I can understand why you think he needs your help

No, I neither said that nor attempted to say that

Jan 29, 2019, 4:34 PM

which is further proof that reading is hard for you. But keep deflecting!

Re: No, I neither said that nor attempted to say that

Jan 29, 2019, 4:37 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/If-you-believe-thats-what-I-said-then-you-are-24991666

Thanks for proving my point***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:40 PM

Didn't you kinda do the same thing when you said...

Jan 29, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to That was my entire point...He was attempting to put words in ]

"Here are a list of poor coaching decisions that cost us the game, but didn't cost us the game...but they did...But they didn't..."

I mean, he didn't actually say that, you were sorta putting those words in his mouth, right?

Maybe I'm missing something here. I probably am.

Nope, I didn't kind of do that...Next question***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:10 PM

Ok, next question...

Jan 29, 2019, 4:15 PM

Is this your post?

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-read--and-understood-it-perfectly-its-not-me-walking-24990347

Please read it in its entirety, just to be sure it is yours.

yes, that's mine***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:18 PM

Ok, great...

Jan 29, 2019, 4:21 PM

Now, please cut and paste, or provide a link if that's easier, of GWP saying: "Here are a list of poor coaching decisions that cost us the game, but didn't cost us the game...but they did...But they didn't..."

As soon as I get his C&P, I'll get right on it***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:23 PM

The cut and paste of him not saying you said something?***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:25 PM

the very one***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:26 PM

Whose on furst?

Jan 29, 2019, 4:26 PM [ in reply to The cut and paste of him not saying you said something?*** ]

couldn't tell you, I'm rounding third, headed for home***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:28 PM

Re: Hear here!

Jan 28, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Hear here! ]

Brads biggest fault was fouling with 9+ seconds left. Should have waited until 5 seconds which would have made it difficult for nc state to go full court and score. 5 seconds of the tipping point for when you foul. Before 5 seconds leaves time fir them to run the court
Brad seldom outcoaches anyone. When we win it’s because we are making 3’s like layups.

Agree, the immediate foul made no sense

Jan 28, 2019, 1:48 PM

Even if Brad wanted to foul to prevent the 3 point shot, at least make an attempt to guard the perimeter before fouling. But stopping the clock immediately with a foul and putting them on the line just extends the game for NCSU.

IMO the worst case scenario if they don't foul right away is that NCSU manages to somehow get a 3 off with 5 seconds left and makes it, game is tied and we get the chance to win it on the final possession.

But fouling with 9+ on the clock brings in the opportunity to lose the game in regulation, which we did.

How do you know that Brad told our players to foul

Jan 28, 2019, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Hear here! ]

with 9 seconds on the clock?

Some of you keep posting this ad nauseam. Do you have a link to a quote from him explaining his decision?

If not, and you are assuming that Brad told our players to foul with 9 seconds left, are you allowing for the fact that he might not have told our players that at all?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

They seem to think he told them to dribble into the press,

Jan 28, 2019, 11:39 PM

makes perfect sense

The foul was intentional and immediate

Jan 29, 2019, 9:29 AM [ in reply to How do you know that Brad told our players to foul ]

If CBB told his players not to foul and they immediately and intentionally fouled right out of the timeout then we have an even bigger problem.

About as close as you can get to an explanation was Brownell saying he'd prefer to foul at 5 or 6 seconds, but they weren't going to get that deep into the clock before getting a shot off and then we run the risk of fouling as the player is getting a shot off.

Don't be like the moran CM Shack and only see what you want to see. I clearly said it was a result of missed free throws, poor shooting and coaching decisions. The explanation I would like to see is,if Brad didn't think they would get to 5 or 6 seconds before shooting a 3, what's wrong with letting them get a shot off with that much time on the clock? If they miss and we get the rebound, we probably win in regulation, but certainly wouldn't lose in regulation. If they make it then we have plenty of time to run the floor and get off a potential game winner at the buzzer and either we win in regulation or we go to OT, but we certainly don't lose in regulation.

Jan 28, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to ^^^Oh good, this argument again ]

GWPTiger® said:

No he didn't miss free throws, but he sure as heck made some poor decisions down the stretch.

Like what?

Are you being serious with this question?

Jan 28, 2019, 11:45 AM

Because it feels like you're being serious with this question.

Jan 28, 2019, 11:51 AM [ in reply to ^^^Oh good, this argument again ]

JUST WHAT POOR DECISIONS DID HE MAKE OH GREAT ONE.

Are you being serious with this question?

Jan 28, 2019, 12:27 PM

Because it feels like you're being serious with this question.

Jan 28, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: After 9 years do you consider what CBB has done ]

No,but that's what practice is for!

So..is a coach not ultimately responsible for his player underperforming?***

Jan 28, 2019, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: After 9 years do you consider what CBB has done ]

That's a question for the people infatuated with OP and his

Jan 28, 2019, 1:15 PM

3 first round exits

First round of the ......NCAA tournament..... Right????

Jan 28, 2019, 1:22 PM

Those were disappointing games, but at least the whole seasons didn’t suck.

was it OP's fault?***

Jan 28, 2019, 1:26 PM

The coach is always ultimately responsible.

Jan 28, 2019, 1:30 PM

So yes, I credit him with the really good seasons.
And he was responsible for the tournament flame-outs, too.

My point= At least we could enjoy most of the season.

Did you not enjoy last season?***

Jan 18, 2021, 1:28 PM

It was okay.***

Jan 28, 2019, 2:39 PM

We hadn't been past the round of 64 in 20 years and it was

Jan 28, 2019, 7:20 PM

just OK? Your bias is showing

Jan 28, 2019, 8:15 AM

Failure obviously overall. That said, it's the fans fault. If we were packing the house at LJ we would be consistently awesome. Right, Judge Keller? I forgot add, who else are we going to get? Nobody wants to come to Clemson to make 2.5 million per year, with solid facilities, at an amazing school, with tons of potential for basketball to explode, in a beautiful area, in a great state. They would rather make less and with worse of everything named. Long story short, we're doomed and Clemson basketball has no hope and CBB needs a lifetime contract.

Remind me again how many people we has to ask before

Jan 28, 2019, 12:43 PM

Brad said yes? Coming off 3 straight NCAAs and with the "best recruiting class ever" signed the year before...Why did we have to settle for Brad LAST time?

Re: Remind me again how many people we has to ask before

Jan 28, 2019, 12:48 PM

He did well at his previous job and we thought he would be a nice fit. What was the matter with hiring Brad last time? I didn't realize you had that low of an opinion of him.

you didn't answer my question, how many people did we HAVE

Jan 28, 2019, 12:58 PM

to ask and WHY? According to you, people should be climbing all over themselves to get this job, but EVERY TIME it opens up, we scratch out heads about all the stiff arms...So there goes your logic

Re: you didn't answer my question, how many people did we HAVE

Jan 28, 2019, 1:30 PM

I know for a fact there are 100's of coaches that would take the job. We probably narrowed our search right away to the region we are in. I wasn't involved with the hiring, nor were you, so your question is gibberish. You aren't naive to think we can't hire an assistant, a protege from a great coach, are you? You don't think right now CBB is the last guy excited for 2.5 million per year? That probably has him paid in the top 40 coaches. Nobody thinks we are getting Tom Izzo, Sean Miller, Huggins, or Bill Self. By the way, we didn't even look at the assistant route when we went with CBB. I think we might on this next time around. I think the Clemson brand all the way around is getting stronger. I think the upgrades in facilities help. I am not with you on giving CBB a life time contract. I don't think the tournament once every 11 years is the best we can do. If you do fine, but you're not convincing me.

Link to where I mentioned a lifetime contract?***

Jan 28, 2019, 1:35 PM

Re: Link to where I mentioned a lifetime contract?***

Jan 28, 2019, 1:45 PM

You basically did without knowing it. I will paraphrase you. There is nobody else we can get and we have no options so we have to stick with CBB. We can't do any better and nobody would ever want to come to Clemson that is better than CBB. That sums you up.

that's only your interpretation Hoss, never came close to

Jan 28, 2019, 3:17 PM

saying ANY of that

Do you think the job is more appealing now than it was

Jan 28, 2019, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: you didn't answer my question, how many people did we HAVE ]

coming off of 3 straight NCAAs? And why?

Re: Do you think the job is more appealing now than it was

Jan 28, 2019, 1:44 PM

The Clemson brand is stronger than ever. The facilities have been upgraded. There ar plenty of coaches that like money and woud like an upgrade. We're not going for Sean Miller. How did we get Rick Barnes? Your questions are nonsense. I will keep you busy with these. Why was the football HC job appealing to Dabo at Clemson? Why didn't we just go out and get Nick Saban? Why didn't we just stick with Bowden? I mean, who were we going to get? People used to ask your same questions about football coaches.

Clemson football and Basketball aren't an apples to apples

Jan 28, 2019, 3:19 PM

comparison...If you went to games, you would realize it pretty quick

Re: Clemson football and Basketball aren't an apples to apples

Jan 28, 2019, 8:28 PM

Yeah, but the scenario still works. You still want the lifetime contract because our university sucks and we are hopeless? You sound like a great fan. Very cootish. Why do you want Clmson basketball to never be good and why do you think it is impossible? Hmmmm

You're trying to project a lot of BS on me that I never said

Jan 28, 2019, 10:52 PM

why? I've never said anything remotely close to any of that...And calling me a coot was a nice touch...Will I see you at the game tomorrow night?

This cootish will be there***

Jan 28, 2019, 10:53 PM

Re: You're trying to project a lot of BS on me that I never said

Jan 29, 2019, 9:37 AM [ in reply to You're trying to project a lot of BS on me that I never said ]

I didn't call you a coot. Also, you did basically say the stuff I wrote. In a round about way without knowing it

You said I was cootish, that's close enough...the rest is

Jan 29, 2019, 4:01 PM

all you projecting #### when you are not just inventing facts

Re: You said I was cootish, that's close enough...the rest is

Jan 29, 2019, 4:12 PM

I was wrong. You weren't cootish. Coots think it is possible to win and have a great program. I guess that would make me the cootish one in that scenario. I think Clemson basketball can have a good program. You don't.

First you deny saying it, now you admit you were wrong, that

Jan 29, 2019, 4:17 PM

I'm not cootish at all...Make up your mind guy

Re: First you deny saying it, now you admit you were wrong, that

Jan 29, 2019, 4:30 PM

Yeah I should have said clueless, guy. Coots are less clueless than you are. Calling you a coot would be a compliment in your case and in insult to a coot.

whatever you say liar...whatever you say***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:36 PM

So in summary, you lie about calling me names, then accuse

Jan 29, 2019, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: You're trying to project a lot of BS on me that I never said ]

me of saying stuff that I never said, "basically" or otherwise...What did I miss?

Not directly fans' fault, but fans are part of the problem.

Jan 28, 2019, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: After 9 years do you consider what CBB has done ]

Not enough fans support the program consistently. The same is true of the athletic department and administration. There seems to be this silly notion that we aren't as much of a football school if we also really support basketball.

"We can't support that 'urban sport' of basketball too much, or people won't remember that we love our football and are a football school!"

I'm sure plenty of solid mid-major coaches, as well as assistants from major college basketball, would be interested in being Clemson's head coach. But none of these guys have proven to be able to win at the high major level. They might workout, but they rarely do, and when they do, they are unlikely to stay.

When has Clemson basketball ever hired a coach who was successful at Clemson, and managed to keep him? Please answer that.

If we want different results, we need to make significant changes. The recent facility upgrades are a sign that the administration is more serious about basketball, but our next coaching search will tell a lot about how Clemson views itself, and ultimately, how serious Clemson is about being a basketball school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Again?***

Jan 28, 2019, 8:24 AM

Jan 28, 2019, 8:51 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2019, 9:15 AM

Fill in the blank:
If Clemson had ___________________ as basketball coach, Zion Williamson would have chosen Clemson over Duke! (No $ involved)

Then answer this:
Would ____________________ even consider coaching at Clemson?

When you get a yes to number 2, let us and DRad know!

Better than average considering our history.***

Jan 28, 2019, 9:14 AM

Overall...I would say average...

Jan 28, 2019, 9:28 AM

The sweet 16 run was definitely the high point.
The first four victory in his first year was good...but you could say that was with OP’s players and we barely got in.
The NIT run to the finals was historically speaking, a good season.
But this is year 9. I do think the realistic expectation coming into this year was to be back in the tournament (although I was uneasy about any ‘higher seed’ talk).
We could still get there...but it is going to be very difficult. Need to go 9-3 from here on out.

below avg. Most of the time we didnt even make the NIT

Jan 28, 2019, 9:30 AM

I think we can all agree that we should at least make the NIT 90% of the time?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NIT isn't as easy to get into as it was in decades past,

Jan 28, 2019, 12:45 PM

.500 doesn't get you in anymore

Re: below avg. Most of the time we didnt even make the NIT

Jan 28, 2019, 1:32 PM [ in reply to below avg. Most of the time we didnt even make the NIT ]

90% of the board would agree.

link to those numbers?***

Jan 28, 2019, 1:33 PM

Re: link to those numbers?***

Jan 28, 2019, 1:52 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/After-9-years-do-you-consider-what-CBB-has-done-1882695?tstart=0

Jan 28, 2019, 9:39 AM

In all honesty, I don't consider it either. What I do consider it is a failure to recruit players. Forget Duke or UNC, there is no reason under the sun that I can think of that Brad can't match the talent levels of the majority of the other ACC schools.

Jan 28, 2019, 9:41 AM

I give him a break on the early years because our facilities were so far behind. Starting with the new Arena... results are mixed. Last year obviously being the bright point and something we needed to build on but missing on Zion seemed to gut punch the program a bit. If they can turn it around this year and not lose all momentum from last year.. we will see where that goes. Get a big win and get some momentum, who knows.

Go Tigers!

If we don't make the tournament this year,

Jan 28, 2019, 10:51 AM

then his record has not been good enough. Period. As others have pointed out, his record here is good in many respects, given our history, but not good compared to where we can be, and should aspire to be. It's not complicated; it is what it is.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 28, 2019, 10:57 AM

The clock started two years ago when he got a decent facility to use for recruiting. If you say facilities don’t matter then we just wasted $130MM on football facilities.

Jan 28, 2019, 12:50 PM

Facilities matter big time. I agree. That said, I think he will be gone after next season. They just bridged a gap with Brad, kind of like how we did with Bowden. Do you think we will go to the tournament this year or next year?

Jan 28, 2019, 1:36 PM

Y’all are just like the coots. Thought they were getting Herman and ended up with Boom. Good coaches will not risk their career trajectory as it is too hard to consistently win at CU

Jan 28, 2019, 1:57 PM

We went to 7 out of 11 tournaments befoe CBB took us down this bad run. You're like the guys that wanted to keep Bowden or that thought Dabo was a bad hire. You probably thought starting TL over KB was a bad idea too. That's your style. You never answered the question though. I will rephrase and ask a few more.

Do you think we go to the tournament this year or next year?
Do you think going to the tournament 1 time in 11 years is good enough to keep CBB around?
Do you think CBB is the only one who can get that done at Clemson?
Would the next coach do worse than 1 tournament in 11 years?

I will hang up and listen.

Jan 28, 2019, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: After 9 years do you consider what CBB has done ]

Forgot at to add. The last 2 coaches that left Clemson left for more money. It didn't hurt them. What risk to their trajectory?

Jan 28, 2019, 4:59 PM

Brad Brownell has had very mixed results at Clemson. His quiet fundraising meant LJC is finally a decent facility recruiting wise and he has a stable staff after losing several quality recruiters! I give him two more campaigns at most. He needs to sign a top fifty player this year, not a grad. transfer, to prove the worth of his staff's work and to overcome personnel losses, but I don't see that happening. Next year he will have one of, if the the youngest, conference team and DRad is going to have a decision next Spring based upon how the team performs. If we somehow make the NIT after the 2019/2020 season then Brownell stays, but if not reassign him or quietly tell him to job hunt.

DRad needs to bluntly tell Brownell to make the NCAA tourney at least year in and year out or be gone. The NIT could count for years of injuries or a rebuilding year as needed, but is not good enough on a regular basis.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 114
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic