Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 740

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 2, 2019, 8:03 AM

Extra long addition.

Friday, left work at noon, dinner and Ward Davis show with Shorty and his wife and Tote1 and his wife. Was able to survive the great Radio Room bathroom disaster.

Saturday Football while Sharkgirl slung some beers. Very pleased with Tigers game, not surprised by the Bama game.

Sunday: I think I managed to do nothing that day.

Monday: Started getting the house recovered from Christmas, made some lasagna, and not much else.

Tuesday: More noting but a bit of shopping and budget setting.

15/10 It was glorious to have 4 days with next to no obligations. Batteries are recharged for a change. We will see how long it lasts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 2, 2019, 8:11 AM

kids were out of school the last 12 days. I am back to work and exhausted.

I feel like I have been to about 15 Christmas parties, been drunk for about a month straight and somehow managed to raise kids.

I am back to work and couldn't be happier about that and the fact that life can go back to normal. I am fuuucking exhausted, straight exhausted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 8:11 AM

Good.

Friday, ate some barbecue and drank some beers.

Saturday, worked out, washed car and did some other chores. Drank beer and watch the Tigers buttsechs the Irises. YEAH BOY.

Sunday, had some of my boys come to town and we went brewery hopping. Ended up eating some good Korean food later and then going for some additional beers later.

Monday morning, woke up and hair of the dog'd myself to throw up my breakfast. Went to eat sushi. Watched a ton of episodes of Workaholics and Married with Children while in recovery. Didn't make it to see my balls drop.

Tuesday, took it easy and hydrated myself.

9/10. Didn't have seggs, but got a 20 year old little cutie's number. I don't even know if I can relate to a 20 year old if I'm not hammered, but I'll give it a shot to eat her butt anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pigs of 20 y o butt?***

Jan 2, 2019, 8:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Jan 2, 2019, 8:20 AM

Was off of work for so long that I am getting the days mixed up. Tigers win, drank a lot of beer, lots of redhead things, rang in the new year with the wife and several friends, stayed up late enough that I did nothing yesterday.

Ski trip is set for Feb 2. Now just have to decide between Beech, Sugar, Wolf Ridge, or possibly Winterplace.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Yes

Jan 2, 2019, 8:27 AM

Give me some more like that..

Fri - Don't Remember
Sat - Don't Remember
Sun - Church, don't remember
Mon - Dinner with family at our house
Tue - Christmas at home, brother's, and in-laws
Wed - Christmas at in-laws, took boat, went fishing
Thu - Christmas at in-laws
Fri - Don't remember, stayed home
Sat - Traveled to Dallas, watched game, ate big burger
Sun - Traveled home (arrived 11:45 a.m.)
Mon - Home most of day, buddy's house for stew
Tue - Home all day, worked around house and played
Wed - At work planning trip to Cali

THE END

Re: Yes

Jan 2, 2019, 8:30 AM

I go to Boston all next week and I absolutely cannot wait. No wife, no kids, huge hotel bed and just sleep. I am going to ####### sleep for a week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

INTENSE, currently UGAing it out as I type

Jan 2, 2019, 8:31 AM

I don't remember a lot of it.

One of my friends got way too drunk New Year's Eve and puked chicken lo mein in my backyard; then my 9 lb dog ate some of it and puked in the living room.

Then I (almost) puked trying to clean all of said puke up.

Someone on WSB posted a gif of a chick spraying champagne out her (booty?) hole. I laughed.

I made collard greens and smash burgers last night for dinner. It was delicious.

What a great way to end 2018 and start 2019!

Jan 2, 2019, 8:33 AM

First, The Mrs. was getting over 3 days of stomach bug, which transitioned nicely into my 4 days of sinus infection with bonus chest congestion and added-value coughing fits for me, I'm halfway through a battery of antibiotics, which may or may not be helping. Through all that, we have the roller coaster ride of mother in law in the hospital...Mrs. is still practically living there which frees me up to be errand boy, house boy, and general emotional crutch because she's getting almost no help from her brother and his family. Aside from being left alone to watch the Clemson game in the comfort of my own home instead of a lovely hospital room, this has been the most trying Christmas holiday of my life and being sick has pretty well curbed my typical holiday drinking schedule. I'm back at work this morning, and maybe for the first time in EVER...I'm kinda glad for the 8 hour break.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a great way to end 2018 and start 2019!

Jan 2, 2019, 11:31 AM

Thank you for the tickets. Peeing myself had to be the highlight of the night. Good vibes bro

Glad you got to go

Jan 2, 2019, 12:22 PM

pee yourself!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't recall Friday

Jan 2, 2019, 8:41 AM

Saturday: messed around and got a triple-double, watched Clemson dominate, saw Bammer git by.

Sunday: Watched EPL and then NFL action, NFL is so boring right now. There is a good reason no one goes to games anymore.

Monday: Did some training, stayed up way too late for me.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10/10

Jan 2, 2019, 8:41 AM

SCar football lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Welp, the Tigers and Panthers won but I didn't die.

Jan 2, 2019, 8:44 AM

(Way to screw up a draft pick Panthers)

Left last Wednesday and spent 4 nights in the NC mountains between Asheville and Linville. Ate very well at places in A'ville like Chestnut, Rezaz and the Bone & Broth. Stayed almost walking distance to the Grove Park in an AirBnB which was a great 1BR apt with full kitchen, FP and 65" TV.

Drove over to Bryson City 1 day, Hit the Biltmore Village (Try some Nanthahala Brewing beer if you find it) 1 day.

Sunday, Monday & Tuesday spent around the house.

8.878/10 - minus 1.1 for 4" of rain last Friday in A'ville

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

10/10 and going for my 3rd natty come monday***

Jan 2, 2019, 8:50 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aight.

Jan 2, 2019, 8:55 AM

Wednesday: got 2 bushels of oysters, fired them up in dad's backyard. Expecting about 10-12 oyster eaters, ended up with only around 8, and only about 6 of us really putting work in, but dammit, we crushed all 3 bushels. Stayed up drinking whiskey til 3am with an old HS buddy.

Thursday: pretended to work for a bit, bailed early to go duck hunting for the second time in the last 35 years (1st was 4 years ago, same crowd/land). Stayed up drinking whiskey again til 3am.

Friday: Woke up at 6, pulled on some borrowed waders, and immediately started sweating my ### off in the frigid December 28th 65 degree weather. Got off ONE shot, and winged a female who dropped about 40' from me. Went to look for her 10 minutes later, and she was swimming away in the muck. Went to retrieve gun, but clever girl escaped. So, 4 guys got one duck. Yay. Still fun. Home by 10am, napped most of the afternoon, nudged mouse every now and then to get paid.

Saturday: felt like garbage, 1st day of flu kinda symptoms; this does not bode well. Parked on couch for ENTIRE day, ditched plans to watch games at fran's house. Asleep before Bammer game was over.

Sunday: amazingly, felt like new. Piled fam into car to go to Build A Bear in MB (closest one, for whatever reason) for her 8th bday on NYE. Tooled around, home by 9:30 or so.

Monday: had cake, blew things up, stayed up WAY too late

Tuesday: watched feetball, laughed hysterically at UGA (hold on, still laughing), took lots of Crimmas stuff down

Exhausting week. Ready to get back to work so I can get some rest. Fly out early Saturday morning for SF. 8.8/10, wood dew again besides being sick for a day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll make it quick.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:04 AM

My weekend started on 12/20 and ended today.

This time is best split into the following categories:

Bathroom Renovation
I gutted my 8'x6' hall bath.
The scope was to completely strip the room down to the studs and floor joists, relocate toilet, replace and relocate vanity, remove closet, replace tub with shower and relocate, as well as replace electrical.
What I found was a ton of rotten floor joists that had to be sistered with new PT 2x8's. Beams had to be jacked and supported.
Next on the list is replace the old and "dangerous" Federal Pacific Electric Stab-Lok 100A sub panel for the house. I cut through a #6 wire to the stove with a sawzall and the 50A and 100A FPE breakers didn't trip, but the 200A breaker at the main panel did. I did some research and found that this old FPE stuff is garbage and must be replaced.
Then I have to install sub-flooring and continue with the rest of the project.
I found that the toilet and ice maker/fridge are plumbed from the hot water line in this old house. Been like that for 20+ years... Shrug...

Holiday Celebrations
I shot off a bunch of firecrackers yesterday, blowing up stuff, etc. I bought these new 'adult' poppers that explode on impact when you throw them, but they are loud like fire crackers. Those are fun as crap. I highly recommend. $1/box in Lexington, YMMV.

What I Ate/Drank
Nothing of note.

Miscellaneous
Go Tigers
Glad Texas whooped UGA.
Wife, daughter, and son took turns being sick my entire time out. One at a time. Like clockwork.
Son got an XBOX1 for Xmas and I've been pwning him at Halo.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Hold up

Jan 2, 2019, 9:48 AM

you have hot water going to your toilet ?

Either this is 4D underwater chess move by a LDR or possibly the most UDP thing I have ever heard.

I'm not even mad, just intrigued

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh its a baller move.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:52 AM

This is Illuminati/Deep State/Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous type stuff.

The warm water helps keep the bowl clean and helps get the dookie down the hole better.

PLUS it gives you the ability to connect a steam cleaning station / Super-heated bidet.

OR maybe it's because somebody made a boo boo a while back and due to the low water flow through a toilet and long dwell times, nobody noticed it.... Hard to say.

I may change it, or I may leave it as is. Still trying to talk Sarahadidas into teeing in a kitchen sink sprayer for a clean-up station.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Didn't know you knew how to work with your hands

Jan 2, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to I'll make it quick. ]

Figured Sarah did all the manual labor there.

Great time at Cotton Bowl

Jan 2, 2019, 9:08 AM

Arrived Friday, met a group at a small plate restaurant that had an exceptional tap list
Sat, heavy breakfast, chilled a while then got game attire on and drove over for the Family Tailgate at one end of the stadium at highest level. Big ole stadium!
Helluva game once the boys got started, D was outstanding!
Went to Texas Live after game, but half of the game attendees musta been in there. It was worse than a jam-packed Bourbon St. Left and went back to team hotel for a while then called it a day.
Sunday went to the Fort Worth stockyards cause the JFK tours were sold out.
Flew home Mon morn...

Feel like chit, but just got a new prescription of antibiotics, so trying to get ready for Fri flight to Napa!

Re: Great time at Cotton Bowl

Jan 2, 2019, 9:10 AM

bengaline said:

D was outstanding!

Re: 0/10........No Need to Explain.......'Nuff Said***

Jan 2, 2019, 9:09 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty gnarly

Jan 2, 2019, 9:55 AM

Flew out to Colorado Thursday afternoon. Took the wife to get food in Denver that night, then drove out to Breck.

Fri - ski at Breck, dropped wife off at a women's ski lesson so got to hit Peaks 10 and 9 - 10/10

Sat - ski in the morning, watched first half of game in bar then rest in our rental house - 10/10

Sun - left wife on mountain to get up to Peak 8, then 7, then 6. 9/10 b/c wife pizzed but snow was sick

Mon - hobbled back to Denver from the mountains to catch String Cheese at the 1st Bank Center. #### of show and NYE - 10/10

Tues - flew back to ATL. Delta lost one of my bags (just got dropped off at the house), lost my work phone, couple other items are MIA - 4/10

somehow a twig made the flight from Denver to the house (wasn't intentional) so was able to recoup some losses once I got back to the house.

legs feel like jell-o and i got the cold sweat withdrawals. 2019 off to a #### of a start

Well,

Jan 2, 2019, 10:06 AM

I didn't get drunk and I didn't get the flu or stop breathing though I held my breath once or twice. My heart only stopped once and that was when Trevor got sacked but we both pulled through it.

Didn't list the days with relative activities in this post because chronology had little to do with my weekend. There's just two periods of time, when we played and when we didn't.

What I learned is when we don't play we don't play but when we play we don't play then either. We be serious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long, I didn't didn't really leave the house for over a week

Jan 2, 2019, 11:25 AM

Which would have been nice, HAD MY DOGS NOT DRIVEN ME TOTALLY FUGGIN INSANE. I would never have dogs without a fence, what a GD nightmare. I don't know how the apartment dwellers and postage stamp size lot people do it with dogs, no way I'd have them if I had to accompany them outside for every poop and pee they have to take. Just an all around nightmare, made worse by the fact it rains all day every day now.

Thank god the fence people were finally able to start work this morning. I was getting close to having to re-home a german shepherd. And no, talking her for a walk does NOT satiate her need to run.

Aside from the constant up and down that comes from having dogs who live inside, and don't have a fence outside, we had wife's family over for Cripmas, that went well. Ate oysters, cooked steaks, good times. I finally had to cut myself off after about 5 days in a row of drinking. My kidneys were starting to hurt. Now it's back to the real world, I guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All that plus general lifestyle of being gone for many hours

Jan 2, 2019, 11:31 AM

at a time is why I have no dog.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I had forgotten how terrible it is

Jan 2, 2019, 11:36 AM

Can't sit down for more than like 20 minutes at a time. Before we moved, the german shepherd had all but become an outdoor dog, and this transition back inside was difficult. I can let our older dog free range and he'll stay where I can see him, do his business and head on back in. NOT SO WITH THE PUPPY. She got gone on me 3 times, the last time I thought we had lost her for good. She was gone about 4 hours before a neighbor found her and called me.

So after that my ### was out there walking her with a leash every hour....rain, shine, warm or cold. I don't think we're going to get another one for a long, long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our younger golden escaped on 12/30

Jan 2, 2019, 11:48 AM

because some drunk(me) let him get out. I was out chasing him down and apparently face planted, and have the black eye and yard-rashed face to prove it. The dog thought it was all a big game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz, it's at that point you either laugh it off or go into

Jan 2, 2019, 11:51 AM

a rage. At least you didn't land in dog poop, I guess. I probably would have had to just gotten on my boat and ridden to another state at that point.

That would have been a night killer

Jan 2, 2019, 11:55 AM

but since he got out it was in the front yard, and would have been much worse had I face planted into the cast iron water meter. Thankfully, there was no poop out there.

Perfect 5/7

Jan 2, 2019, 11:27 AM

Friday: Left work early for a nooner and spent some quality time with the future wife.

Satiday: Woke up, hit the gym and then prepped the food for the texas sized azzwhippin.

Sunday: Went to lunch with futurewifeof and her friends who are pretty lame but had 4 Guinness so it didn't matter.

Monday: beat the guts of futurewifeof and went to disney for new years and fireworks, was pretty cool but crowded with asians.

Tuesday: Did nothing all day. It was everything I thought it would be.

Ahhh...."future" wife. Lol.

Jan 2, 2019, 1:15 PM

Makes sense now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry, nothing will change

Jan 2, 2019, 1:16 PM

alpha males still get theres, amirite Tickle_It?

Jesh, even when the doctor advices against it***

Jan 2, 2019, 1:38 PM

Famous last words.

Jan 2, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Don't worry, nothing will change ]

Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 11:29 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Good-afternoon-how-was-everyones-weekend-1870320?tstart=60

I ignored a lot of work emails.

Jan 2, 2019, 11:45 AM

I won my case to use my earned PTO, so I'm back at work today since being off since 12/20. That's the longest time I can remember being off since I was unemployed for a while in 1996.

I didn't do anything, didn't go anywhere, and it was absolutely glorious. I toyed with buying a new truck (didn't do it), and slept a lot. Over the time off, I saw a few bands, and hung out with some friends. I got sore from doing some yard work (which is sad all by itself), watched all of Netflix, and listened to it rain a lot since we had the 3rd rainiest December ever.

Watched Clemson dominate ND which was nice. I know I'm spoiled by Clemson football when I don't really care about any other game other than the NC, because that's the only one we are in, and the only one that really matters anyway.

Celebrated NYE a day early and did too many Apple Pie shots at a local bar with friends, and felt bad all of NYE. Didn't do anything NYE but listen to the Freeman boat guy down the street light off 20 minutes worth of fireworks. I've never heard that many firecrackers in succession.

We went out to the polar bear plunge at Sullivan's Island yesterday (didn't partake) and it was pretty crowded. Also learned Home Team sells $2 Natty lights now, so that's a good break between Game Changers.

All in all a huge win of not working, and if I hit the lottery for just what I make now, I could completely forget work in about 15 minutes.

11/10 on a Red Lobsterfest, Toyotathon scale.

I pretty much did nothing..

Jan 2, 2019, 2:16 PM

except watch football...

Hope you all had a great New Year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 740
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic