Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hilarious so called baseball experts...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Hilarious so called baseball experts...

Apr 10, 2018, 11:43 PM

Funny how everyone loves to post about baseball knowledge. Previous D1 player here and MLB prospect. Nothing more frustrating than to listen to people who have no idea about the game and speak on it. It's a lot different being a player and coach. If you haven't been either one at a high level shut your mouth and worry about getting rid of that beer belly you got!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did you play ball? Glad to have you on here.***

Apr 10, 2018, 11:54 PM

I played D1 ball, too.

Apr 11, 2018, 8:26 AM

Back in '06

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nobody & I mean nobody mentioned the answer to our hitting

Apr 11, 2018, 3:09 PM

Woes! Talk about understanding sports as a whole is most important. We need to let our QB’s pitch to strengthen their arms for football and shutdown hitting from other teams.

We could take Renfrow,, Tee Higgins and ETN put them in our batting lineup and bring our percentages up. This would help us in both sports. Monte is trying to do it without Dabo’s help but it maybe time to dominate in baseball too!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Where did you play ball? Glad to have you on here.***

Apr 11, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Where did you play ball? Glad to have you on here.*** ]

I've been beaned several times. Should that qualify me as a expert?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it depends on the status of your beer belly...

Apr 11, 2018, 4:44 PM

but that's a question for coopdaddy

So since I have never been president of the US,

Apr 10, 2018, 11:58 PM

I cannot vote? Makes sense....

I am not sure what has happened to simple logic, seems like a lost art.

You may want to stroke your ego; however, you do not have to have been a D1 player or MLB prospect to understand a game.

FYI, I have not posted one negative comment about our baseball team, I am just saying your comment is foolish.

Yes, there are people on here that say stupid things, but that is due to their, similar to yours, lack of thinking. Not because they have or have not played baseball.

I guess Vin Scully or Jon Miller should have never called baseball games since they did not know about it since they did not play.

I digress...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you wanna be POTUS now is your chance with our landscape***

Apr 10, 2018, 11:59 PM

You are allowed to vote for president. Your vote is your

Apr 11, 2018, 11:20 AM [ in reply to So since I have never been president of the US, ]

Opinion and it means something.

Your opinion on clemson baseball means nothing; especially on a free , anonymous Internet message board. Just fodder to kill time like the rest of us.

Calling a game has nothing to do with playing a game.

HTH.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Actually, it did not help much at all...

Apr 11, 2018, 11:07 PM

Apparently, according to you, voting means nothing.

I also think, you either did not read to the end, or have comprehension issues. Maybe you just have a problem with possessive determiners. Either way, the post did not help whatsoever.

Re: Hilarious so called baseball experts...

Apr 11, 2018, 12:16 AM

Ok

Hilarious so called poasting experts...

Apr 11, 2018, 7:48 AM

Funny how everyone loves to post about poasting knowledge. Previous D1 poaster here and MLP prospect. Nothing more frustrating than to listen to people who have no idea about the boreds and speak on it. It's a lot different being a poaster and mod. If you haven't been either one at a high level shut your mouth and worry about getting rid of that holier than thou opinion of yourself!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Uh, you realize this guy played D1 baseball, right?

Apr 11, 2018, 8:25 AM

He is smarter and better than you and will be sure to let you know.

Professional Holier than Thou poaster here...

Apr 11, 2018, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Hilarious so called poasting experts... ]

I think it's hilarious you people pretending to be holier than thou when you obviously haven't got a clue.

Apr 11, 2018, 8:05 AM

I’d match wits with you on baseball any day. Played the game a little myself and probably had as much contact with major league scouts as you. Many on tnet are quick to express an opinion but that is what chat rooms are designed to do. Baseball is a very tough game to truly understand but a great game to enjoy.

Apr 11, 2018, 11:38 AM

It's just hitting , pitching and catching , right ?

Not in that order , necessarily.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 11, 2018, 12:20 PM

Sometimes the coach has to yell at the ump and kick dirt I believe.

Apr 11, 2018, 3:12 PM

Monte needs to get thrown out of a game or two to really be coaching1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

TigerKing, is that you?***

Apr 11, 2018, 8:24 AM

Apr 11, 2018, 8:29 AM

Being good at a sport doesn't necessarily make one knowledgeable about said sport.

There are plenty of great players who suck at coaching.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 11, 2018, 8:30 AM

And plenty of former players who were never any good to begin with.

Tony Gwynn had a .338 career BA...

Apr 11, 2018, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious so called baseball experts... ]

coached 12yrs at SDSU and had a .500 record.

On the flip side, plenty of coaches who have coached well be never played. Bill Belichick never played past small college. Mike Leach never played FB at all and he's been credited with innovating the CFB game.

I caught a future MLB pitcher...

Apr 11, 2018, 8:30 AM

in little league. Does mean I can talk? C'MON MAN. These are sports opinions, not expertize. Nobody listens but us.

This is a message board where anyone can post anything

Apr 11, 2018, 8:33 AM

including horrible attempts at humble-bragging.

Re: This is a message board where anyone can post anything

Apr 11, 2018, 4:32 PM

https://youtu.be/_jyy8BGM9Y8

I played with, and against, guys who are current major

Apr 11, 2018, 9:16 AM

league players...does that count?

tia in advance

Apr 11, 2018, 9:30 AM

So playing D1 baseball means you know more about baseball than those who didnt? I don't think anybody on here knows more than Monte about our team or baseball as a whole but that does not mean they cannot give ideas to discuss that maybe is hard to see from within. Not that Monte will ever read any of them but it is just fans having a discussion. Without the fans there would not be mich D1 baseball. I don't think the majority of fans played D1 baseball. It also does not take knowledge of baseball to play D1 baseball. Sometimes those with potential can play at a high level and not know much about the game at all.

Ideas to discuss, how about agendas! So D1 players

Apr 11, 2018, 11:02 AM

don’t need to have baseball knowledge????? WOW!

I've seen D1 guys get thrown out at 3rd w/ 0 outs...

Apr 11, 2018, 11:04 AM

It's not like they know everything. If that were the case, then when I rant nobody would say "he's just a freshman".

ETN didn't have a vast knowledge of our playbook last year,

Apr 11, 2018, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Ideas to discuss, how about agendas! So D1 players ]

but he was still a D1 football player.

Several players may not have a vast knowledge of the game, but they can hit a baseball 400 ft so who cares what "knowledge" they may, or may not, have.

I think that was the point that was trying to be made.

Read it again. ANYBODY playing a college sport surely

Apr 11, 2018, 11:19 AM

has knowledge of THE sport. NOT of the CLEMSON playbook of course but don’t even think that ETN didn’t have football knowledge! That would be ridiculous.

Re: Read it again. ANYBODY playing a college sport surely

Apr 11, 2018, 11:59 AM

Well, considering our playbook is based off of knowledge, i.e. reading defenses, reading which hole to hit, etc. one would think you would have to have some football knowledge to understand a playbook.

But I digress, the point you're missing is that normally in college athleticism can overcome a lack of knowledge, especially for younger talent used to dominating high schoolers due to sheer athleticism alone.

No one said these people don't have knowledge, it's the amount of knowledge, which obviously comes with being around the game longer, and apart from playing as well.

Re: ETN didn't have a vast knowledge of our playbook last year,

Apr 11, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to ETN didn't have a vast knowledge of our playbook last year, ]

Thank you.

Re: Ideas to discuss, how about agendas! So D1 players

Apr 11, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Ideas to discuss, how about agendas! So D1 players ]

Ofcourse most of the players have knowledge of the game but some players have enough talent that knowledge of the game is not needed to get a D1 scholarship. There are plenty of high school baseball players that didn't make it to a D1 school that know the game as well or better as ones that did make it.

Apr 11, 2018, 11:03 AM

Who the f are u

Apr 11, 2018, 11:10 AM

So says the Scok

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I’m with you on this one

Apr 11, 2018, 12:28 PM

Former church softball player veteran here and I can’t stand these know-nothings spout off either. I mean I’ve made several outstanding plays in my days all with a beer gut and I can assure you one thing, I know baseball/softball (same thing) and tend to keep my opinions to myself but I’m glad you said it!

Hey we should hang out and compare stories and tricks of the trade brother. Peace out man!

Re: I’m with you on this one

Apr 11, 2018, 1:13 PM

I play in our family softball game every Thanksgiving. I agree with you guys. These know-nothings really chafe my butt.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2018, 2:56 PM

When I hear a sportscaster say so-and-so has a great "baseball mind" I consider that person to have been ###### with faint praise.

Uh, all former baseball players have beer bellies. Many

Apr 11, 2018, 4:40 PM

current players do also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may have been a D1 player, or not. But you definitely

Apr 11, 2018, 11:19 PM

sound like a major league ####### #######.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic