Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many of you have actually ever fired anybody at work?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,147

How many of you have actually ever fired anybody at work?

Oct 23, 2013, 10:32 AM

It is not an easy task.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have and no...it's definitely not easy.***

Oct 23, 2013, 10:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't know. If they were doing something unethical it is

Oct 23, 2013, 10:34 AM

pretty easy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As team owner

Oct 23, 2013, 10:35 AM

I had to fire my coach after a couple losing seasons on Madden. It wasn't an easy thing to do, but it had to be done.

:D

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

So does that mean you're now hiring?

Oct 23, 2013, 10:39 AM

;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

You mean "fired" like from employment, not

Oct 23, 2013, 10:42 AM

setting them on fire, right? No, I have never done the former.

Re: How many of you have actually ever fired anybody at work?

Oct 23, 2013, 10:44 AM

I've had to do it numerous times. However, I have never fired anyone who I had not had previous conversations, more than once, concerning their performance. In other words, it was never a surprise to the individual.

I've had to fire one person and it was very easy. This guy

Oct 23, 2013, 10:45 AM

had been warned and given too many chances. He seemed to think he couldn't be replaced. He was incorrect.

Now laying someone off is another matter. That is the hardest thing to do...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I strongly disagree.

Oct 23, 2013, 10:48 AM

My first firing went horribly wrong. I had only one employee and he couldn't make it to work on time. I told him if he came to work like a minimum wage worker I'd pay him like one. He came late the next day and I cut his pay three dollars and fifty cents an hour.

The second time I fired someone I told him on Monday that I'd given him a raise and if he wasn't worth it come Friday his ### was gone. Now that one went real smooth cause the guy knew he was fired five days before it happened.

The toughest firing I've ever had was when I worked for B&B Contracting building the walls in the downtown Hyatt in G'vegas. I was finishing foreman and put an add in the paper for finishers. My boss told all applicants to have finishing tools, pan, knives, bead clinchers etc...

Some huge black dude showed up with one of those yellow plastic pans they hand out at the hospitals. My boss laughed all week while the guy tried to get sheetrock mud out of that pan. I'd put the guy on fire taping duty to keep him out of the way and decided to pay him minimum wages instead of the healthy finisher's wage we advertised.

I had the worker's check cut and ready fight on his first Friday there. He didn't like the situation but I didn't back down. I told him the big wage we advertised was for finishers and if he could finish his way out of apaperbag I'd suck his dik.

I have no problems firing people. It's part of the job. It makes me mad as helll when someone is disrupting my plans to provide for my wife and children. I've told many a big tough construction worker if he thought I was going to let my family do without because he wasn't worth a #### he was sorely mistaken.

So no, firing somebody who deserves to be fired is just like squashing a bug, the further mucker ain't doing his job what do you think he expects?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i have and it sucks. but i may have to do it again soon.

Oct 23, 2013, 10:48 AM

that said, i have not always done the dirty work myself. there have been times when i've had the office manager do it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Re: i have and it sucks. but i may have to do it again soon.

Oct 23, 2013, 10:52 AM

I had to let a few go when I was a foreman on construction jobs. Knowing those guys depended on their hands to make a living yea it was hard. But showing up on time and doing your job had to be important to!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if they deserve it, it's still not easy.

Oct 23, 2013, 11:30 AM

I'll have to fire someone this afternoon. To make it worse, it is a family member. I'm not sure how this one will go but I'm sure that I'll probably end up still paying the bills for the employee after the firing. Not a pleasant thing to have to do but it has to be done.

Even the forced resignations that I've been responsible for have left me with a little bit of a bad taste because I know these people need money like all the rest of us. But, a job has to be done. If I have to do my job and someone else's job because they are too lazy or too incompetent to do it, then I either need to get their pay in addition to mine or they must be let go.

Oct 23, 2013, 11:34 AM

you are not firing them, they fired themselves.

I only hire gamecock fans in high

Oct 23, 2013, 11:36 AM

Turnover positions so it's easier for me.

I have fired myself a few times.***

Oct 23, 2013, 11:36 AM

I have many a time - it depends on the circumstances........

Oct 23, 2013, 11:53 AM

as some asked for it and others tried their best but couldn't get the job done.

The hardest thing for me was always to lay someone off through no fault of their own - I hated having to do that.

Dabo, just tell Batson it is nothing personal.

Oct 23, 2013, 12:00 PM

And its done.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, you still think it's a S&C issue?***

Oct 23, 2013, 12:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

tiger in la laying down the law again***

Oct 23, 2013, 12:36 PM

I have numerous times and never had a problem with it..but

Oct 23, 2013, 12:48 PM

in my case it's my company. My company takes care of my wife and kids as well as my other employees and if I'm having to fire somebody cause they're effin up that bad..then I view it as they're messing with my families Iivelihood as well as my other employee cause hey could possibly cost me customers which equals money

Oct 23, 2013, 12:48 PM

Did they "get what they deserved?"

Signed,

Cullen Harper

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,147
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic