Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The blinding, vulgar arrogance of LSU fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

The blinding, vulgar arrogance of LSU fans

Jan 5, 2020, 10:34 PM

My general rule of thumb is to simply read other teams' boards to get a feel for what they think about Clemson, but never once have I created an account and engaged another teams' fans on their home turf. I just never felt it was needed. That said....

I have been reading their TigerDroppings board since the semifinals and these people are far beyond delusional. They are by far the most vulgar, arrogant fans I have ever seen, and that is a bit surprising for a team that hasn't had a shred of relevance on the national stage in a decade. Not only do these people think we present no challenge to them, they are very quick to refer to our players, particularly Trevor, in the most pejorative of terms. There is no reality to them, only some delusional sense of grandeur in which they cannot be beaten and to heck with anyone who tries to tell them otherwise. Simply disgusting fans and people in every sense.

I say that to say this. I still have not engaged them. I will not engage them until after the game. Rest assured, however, the moment we win I am going to break my long-held rule especially for them because I have a few things in store for their viewing/reading pleasure.

Alabama fans are far preferable to their crowd and I truly feel like when it comes down to it, most Bama fans respect Clemson, even if they don't like us. There is no respect coming from Baton Rouge, and that is going to make their downfall next Momday all the more sweet!

Go CLEMSON TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The blinding, vulgar arrogance of LSU fans

Jan 5, 2020, 10:51 PM

They have that little brother complex to Alabama . They're so desperate to be on top they've lost it and with the media pundits giving them a tickertape parade a week before the game they just assume its a foregone conclusion that they'll beat Clemson and restore glory .

It's about how much they look up at Bama's underparts , not necessarily a hatred for us .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 6, 2020, 3:00 PM

You may be onto something with the little bro complex...(living in Raleigh) I have thought that is NCSU's problem as they have two big bros (UNC and Duke in basketball, UNC in football). Their disdain for and inferiority complex with UNC basketball feeds over to the football field. I will say, however, a large percent of their football fan base seems to have been humbled somewhat over the past few years.

looks like the lyrics of a song***

Jan 5, 2020, 11:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 11:14 PM

Well lets hope that their players feel that exact same way bc, there is nothing better that causes a team to get their A S S E S kicked any better than being over confident!!!! H e l l yes LSU players, yall are absolutely world beaters!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 11:20 PM

Keep in mind they they think the same thing about Clemson fans when they come here to read our boards. To them, our boards look exactly like what you are describing over there. They have a proud program just like we do. They have won 2 national titles and played for a 3rd in the last 20 years. Clemson has more wins in the last decade and LSU has more wins over the last 20 years. It just depends on how you choose to look at it all. My point is that both teams have rich football history. Sometimes we can clearly form an opinion of what we think of others but don't stop and think of what others might think of us. Clemson's fan base is no different. We're are all humans and we all hide behind our little computer screens and take shots at one another. We're all big and bad behind our computers.

no, the boards are not the same. not even close.***

Jan 6, 2020, 12:01 AM

Re: no, the boards are not the same. not even close.***

Jan 6, 2020, 11:03 AM

You might want to spend some time checking out your own board and notice some of the ya hoo's on here showing a complete disrespect for our opponent. It's not everybody but there have numerous posts in the past days that show a complete lack of respect for LSU's team and its fans. Don't fool yourself.

Jan 6, 2020, 1:04 PM

If you are talking about SEC rant - that website is beyond vulgar.

Stuff i wouldnt even repeat on here. Lots of references to genitalia. I think it is a bunch of immature teenagers in the basement.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 3:02 PM [ in reply to no, the boards are not the same. not even close.*** ]

Here's one data point: As a Clemson fan, I respect LSU's program and their current team and coach. I expect a hard fought game on both sides. Nuff said.

Jan 6, 2020, 11:06 PM [ in reply to no, the boards are not the same. not even close.*** ]

We'll have to disagree. I've been on many message boards across America over the years and I can assure you that Clemson's fan base is no different than any other. Human nature is human nature and every fan base everywhere has an inherent tendency to see things in other fan bases that they don't see in their own fan base. Clemson does not have a different breed of humans over here. Sorry ! If you take a step back and take off your orange glasses and study your own message board over several days you will see that it is much the same as any message board you've ever been on. The difference is that Tigernet is your own board and you're not the imposter here. You just don't want to see what is right in front of your face.

CLEMSON TRAIN

Jan 6, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: The blinding, vulgar arrogance of LSU fans ]

Can't help but notice your new to these parts. Your posts smell faintly of corn dog and chicken coop. Is there anything else you need to confess to the group?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CLEMSON TRAIN

Jan 6, 2020, 2:35 PM

Nothing to confess at all. I am new to the board and have no problem pointing out hypocrisy if I see it. What I see is many fans accusing our opponents fans of the same exact things that are going here on Tigernet. I can't help it if you see that somehow as raising a red flag and warranting suspicion. I think its safe to say that my post have not been of the type to incite anybody. I've tried to be respectful. I'm just pointing out that Clemson fans are no different from FSU fans, Miami fans or LSU fans. I do know a lot of people from Louisiana but I was born and raised in South Carolina and I've been a life long Clemson fan. I don't believe anything I've posted suggests otherwise.

Re: calling out hypocrisy

Jan 6, 2020, 3:12 PM

It’s not hypocrisy if it’s true.

Re: calling out hypocrisy

Jan 6, 2020, 4:46 PM

yeah, i was uncomfortable when this board tended to do this to Ohio State. Not vulgarity, but this really unpleasant bragadocio, as though they weren't going to present us a challenge at all. Maybe it would be nice if we just dialed it back a bit. LSU is a helluva football team. I'm rooting for us, but if we can't win, I just don't want to be embarrassed. I don't think that would happen, but we did it to a pretty good bama team last year. It's possible if the chips fall right, we could get hammered. So, mostly I'm just, let's win, if not, let it be really close. A game for the ages.

Jan 6, 2020, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: The blinding, vulgar arrogance of LSU fans ]

Keep in mind they they think the same thing about Clemson fans when they come here to read our boards. To them, our boards look exactly like what you are describing over there. They have a proud program just like we do. They have won 2 national titles and played for a 3rd in the last 20 years. Clemson has more wins in the last decade and LSU has more wins over the last 20 years. It just depends on how you choose to look at it all. My point is that both teams have rich football history. Sometimes we can clearly form an opinion of what we think of others but don't stop and think of what others might think of us. Clemson's fan base is no different. We're are all humans and we all hide behind our little computer screens and take shots at one another. We're all big and bad behind our computers.

You lost me at clemson having a rich history. Up until Dabo showed up they haven’t done crap. What he’s done is amazing, but they still have a ways to go before being in the upper echelon of football giants

Jan 6, 2020, 2:16 PM

You're a moron.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The blinding, vulgar arrogance of LSU fans ]

3 natty's to your 1.5 corndog.

Re: you lost me at

Jan 6, 2020, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: The blinding, vulgar arrogance of LSU fans ]

Even as a Clemson fan since fourth grade, I thought the same as you for years.

Then I educated myself.

Between John Heisman, Frank Howard, the original “Death Valley” nickname, ‘rubbing the Rock’, conference championships galore and the most one-sided state rivalry in the nation, it is not little ol’ Clemson’s fault that in an era devoid of ANY playoffs, voted on solely by regional sportswriters who had no way of even getting to Clemson, let alone paying attention to what happened there or what quality of football was played there and therefore never ranked us as high as some of the other multiple-loss teams in the South—including LSU.

And unlike SEC schools, very few Clemsonians ever claim mythical national championships from the days of segregation.

How the he#* can you claim a ‘voted’ national title when you wouldn’t play with or against half the kids in your state?

Jan 6, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The blinding, vulgar arrogance of LSU fans ]

You sound Methodist.

There is nothing wrong with that, in itself.

Self-reflection sometimes provides a sense of balance and perspective that keeps us from overreacting to others’ perceived misdeeds, and in turn reduces our anger, hard feelings, sense of disrespect or whatever we’re using to generate animosity. It’s a good tool when trying to create a united sense of community, or when you’re trying to Christianize the world.

Are you trying to unite us with the Bengal Tigers? Somehow I don’t think so.

However, when “the other guys” truly are bad, hateful, vulgar, or worse, you demonstrate total IGNORANCE when you tell your own side to be self-reflective. You demonstrate that you either cannot tell the difference between good and bad behavior, or you are a coward who only counsels the “good” guys to avoid confrontation.

Self-reflection is like draining your bath tub. You are supposed to do it AFTER you use the soap to clean your dirty body. If you do it too soon, nothing gets clean. There was no confrontation. Dirt wins.

Even worse, if you’re always going to drain the tub before the soap does its job, neither the soap nor the tub has any real reason to exist.

Jan 5, 2020, 11:49 PM

the name of their board speaks volumes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 6, 2020, 12:53 AM

I went over there to read for a about 30 minutes. I couldn’t take the racism over there any longer, and I have VERY thick skin.

the whole ‘SEC rant’ is full of racism***

Jan 6, 2020, 10:46 AM

It’s indicative of the whole region

Jan 6, 2020, 1:12 AM

People in southern Louisiana have a very high opinion of themselves and their area. They are proud of the heavy drinking culture and make fun of pretty much every other region of the country. It’s displayed in the fanbases of LSU and the Saints. Just not very pleasant fanbases to be around.

Re: It’s indicative of the whole region

Jan 6, 2020, 7:54 AM

I think that they are the kind of fans who support a team that fakes injuries to slow the game down when they are getting their a$$ handed to them.

As they live in the nastiest, stinkingest

Jan 6, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to It’s indicative of the whole region ]

squalor that is Southern La.

Jan 6, 2020, 9:36 AM

Ignore their board. Let them rant. Our guys just have to play lights out and see what happens. All the rest is just silly noise. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 10:51 AM

That really gripes my behind that they are speaking pejoratively about Trevor.

null

Jan 6, 2020, 11:00 AM

Yea. And they disparage him too!

Jan 6, 2020, 1:50 PM

Never use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Point for the Steve Martin quote...***

Jan 6, 2020, 3:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

People are idiots. Funny we can only see that in others.***

Jan 6, 2020, 11:09 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 11:15 AM

In the New Orleans area they have way more than their share of trash. Their police force was blatantly racist and some of thier non-uniformed policemen (detectives) drank while on duty. I know this for a fact, as I witnessed it. I don't know how many did it, but I know some did. This has been about 12 or 15 years ago, so I don't know how much of it has been cleaned up. Some probably, but not all.

I once had 2 LSU fans

Jan 6, 2020, 1:36 PM

working for me for a year on assignment. One of them carried a spoon with him every single day in his pocket. He never went anywhere without it.

So, one day I asked him what’s up with the spoon? He pulls it out of his pocket and starts rubbing it while maniacally laughing and says, “When we broke up, my ex took all of my belongings and burned them in the front yard. She thought I didn’t get anything out of that divorce, but I got this here spoon from the sterling silver collection and she ain’t ever gett’n it back. It belong to me” (more evil laughing)

They were fun loving guys, those two, but they were both always torqued up, always looking for any perceived slight to instigate a fight, and loved their Louisiana moonshine.

The two oddest characters I ever supervised, and that’s saying something in my world.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Respect is earned...let's hope we earn it by beating the...

Jan 6, 2020, 1:44 PM

tiger droppings out of them.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait till you meet them in person..

Jan 6, 2020, 2:55 PM

Oh.. and regardless of what happens this year they are in for a hard crash back down next season.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Tiger Droppings is a very stupid name for a forum

Jan 6, 2020, 3:05 PM

nm

Go to Facebook and search for:

Jan 6, 2020, 3:16 PM

LSU VS Clemson National Championship Smack Talk Group.

It's open to all. I never realized how disgusting those drunks are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Jan 6, 2020, 3:17 PM

If you go into LSU fans trailer park & expect anything more than LSU winning by 30, then you are naive, why waste your time? You are not helping Clemson win, so not really sure what the motivation is

Jan 6, 2020, 3:44 PM

If you go on a LSU message board, you go there at your own risk, why bother? Why would any Clemson fan care what LSU fans think?

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic