Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I now know 8 people who have or have had the rona.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 574

I now know 8 people who have or have had the rona.

Jun 21, 2020, 10:31 PM

3 diagnosed in the last week. Amazing how widely the symptoms and severity has varied. For some it was just a mild case of the sniffles, and for others it was the worst flu they've ever had x3. Two guys I know that had it were mid-30s. One had a 105 fever for 3 consecutive days. The other 103 for consecutive days. One 24-year-old girl laid on the bathroom floor for 2 days with high fever and throwing up. As far as I know, only two of those have been hospitalized, none died. Hard to imagine that there are still folks in denial about the seriousness or severity of it though. Be smart errbuddy, and be safe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I now know 8 people who have or have had the rona.

Jun 21, 2020, 10:39 PM

very true about the different symptoms. I know 5 that had/have it. 2 had no symptoms at all. 1 was in bed for 2 days. 1 hospitalization (now released). 1 with a mild cough for a couple of days

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Jun 21, 2020, 10:41 PM

i know 2, cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, no breathing problems, said the flu was worse

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I now know of one....

Jun 21, 2020, 11:49 PM

Has antibodies and likely got it in March when she was around two others who had it. She thought she had a bad cold for 2 days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back in March and April

Jun 22, 2020, 12:01 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Back in March and April

Jun 22, 2020, 8:28 AM

Know one. Middle age. He said one day would be like worst case of flu. Next day felt good. This alternated for 12 days or so. No hospitalization. I’m just not seeing this any worse than flu for young people. Different for those my age.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Know 3 people who have had it. One died.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:49 AM

And died after 45 days on a vent. He recovered somewhat with plasma infusions and got off the vent, but then got sick again. After 45 days he refused the vent again and put his family out of the decision, which was admirable. He passed away a day later. He was 61yo.

28yo cousin and his finance both got it in Denver. They were sick for 2 weeks with it. Fever, etc. Both have now recovered fully and are now getting married, so finance now I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Know 3 people who have had it. One died.

Jun 22, 2020, 10:21 AM

Yeah, they have to knock you out to some extent

Jun 22, 2020, 10:35 AM

From what I hear you have a week basically. If you're not getting better in a few days on it, chances are a good bit less than 50-50.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 8:40 AM

We have not been tested but I am convinced both my wife and I had it back in December of 2019. I worked three tables at the local gun show. About ten days later it hit me, dry cough, sore throat, fever and chills for two days. My energy level was below zero and no appetite. The same symptoms hit my wife about seven days later. Neither of us went to the doctor and after about a month we finally beat what ever it was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet you $100 you didn't have it.***

Jun 22, 2020, 9:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Bet you $100 you didn't have it.***

Jun 22, 2020, 9:45 AM

I get the antibody test a week from today. I do not think I ever had it, but I coughed like a maniac with nasty nasty stuff coming up for about 8 solid weeks. Steroids and Zpac did zero.

But I travel so much and I was on a plane all of Jan-March, I would like to know if it passed through me at any point. I was in each hot bed as it hit, so hoping its just through me. If not, all good, but would love to know for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strong odds you didn't have it either, thought for sure

Jun 22, 2020, 9:48 AM

I had it or pilot spouse would, but both tested negative on antibody test (and I tested negative while I was having all the textbook symptoms of this thing back in March).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Before the rona came around, a couple strains of the flu

Jun 22, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: I now know 8 people who have or have had the rona. ]

were/are out there going strong. Sometimes flu like symptoms is the flu.

Stay safe

If you hookup with someone on the internet...

Jun 22, 2020, 8:45 AM

make sure to take precautions to protect you health. Fauci

paraphrased

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still know 0 rona folks. Of your 8 - 3 were (relatively)

Jun 22, 2020, 9:38 AM

young and it hit them pretty hard. That's not a good percentage!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is any reasonable person denying the disease?

Jun 22, 2020, 9:50 AM

I know I certainly don't want it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is any reasonable person denying the disease?

Jun 22, 2020, 9:54 AM

I dont want it, but a part of me would like to just get it over with.

Being healthy and taking all the supplements that I take, I feel like I could kick and it be done with it if I had to make it happen.

No.

Jun 22, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Is any reasonable person denying the disease? ]

Everyone, I believe, is aware that the virus is real but I still see many people without mask. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

The spread of the virus might be really bad. The number of cases is growing but I'm not sure if we're in a situation where having the virus run its course and building herd immunity is the best or if in a week or two a lot of people are going to die.

At this point I'm leaning toward the public building herd immunity by allowing those who aren't infirm to contract the disease. It appears this is going to eventually reach everyone who fails to protect themselves until we reach that point where the virus mutates such that it's almost harmless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 574
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic