Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Leggett takes the blame for final interception vs. Pitt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

FB Update: Leggett takes the blame for final interception vs. Pitt

Nov 14, 2016, 10:28 AM

Leggett takes the blame for final interception vs. Pitt

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good team player

Nov 14, 2016, 10:30 AM

But that's on Watson 100%. He has to see that as 100% open or not make the pass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good team player

Nov 14, 2016, 10:45 AM

I never was a coach or a player, but this may be one of those timing plays where the QB throws it where the player is gonna be.

Either way, I like the attitude. If we play clean games (no turnovers, few penalties) we win out. If we win out, we take home the hardware. Like Dabo and the players say, we just need to play to our standard and good things will happen.

I haven't ever been either, but when I could scream "NO"

Nov 14, 2016, 12:55 PM

before Watson threw it while sitting in the upper deck at the other endzone, it was a pretty obvious pitch it in the stands kind of moment.

Re: I haven't ever been either, but when I could scream "NO"

Nov 14, 2016, 2:18 PM

You might sit near me... south stands?

Re: FB Update: Leggett takes the blame for final interception vs. Pitt

Nov 14, 2016, 11:29 AM

Isn't it great to see how these young men mature over their tenure at Clemson. Remember when Leggett was an underclassmen and even referred to himself as "lazy". I think he showed great maturity in this interview and have no doubt that this team will be more focused than ever to win out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 11:53 AM

Could not be prouder of JL! Old rule: Admit your mistakes...correct them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 11:57 AM

They shouldn't have been running in that situation. Run the ball on 2nd and 3rd down- then kick the field goal to go up by two scores.

Shouldn't have been passing***

Nov 14, 2016, 12:03 PM

Re: Shouldn't have been passing***

Nov 14, 2016, 1:34 PM

Run the ball 3 times, kick the fg and Pitt needs two td's in less than 2 minutes to beat ya. Buuuuuutttt, there were several different plays in the game that could have won it so it is what it is. I think Dabo had a little too much confidence in the team (if there is such a thing) but hindsight is always 20/20.

Re: Shouldn't have been passing***

Nov 14, 2016, 2:55 PM

There was close to 6 minutes on the clock when that interception happened. We could have wasted another minute or so running the ball. We were probably not going to score a touchdown with how we were running it.

I agree though. I would have just played it conservatively and taken the points.

I noticed that less than the poor block on 3rd and 1.

Nov 14, 2016, 3:36 PM

It seemed to me Leggett made a poor block on our 3rd and 1 play (prior to 4th and 1), which seemed more "on him" than the interception, which, as has been pointed out, seems to be more on Watson.

All in all, it is a team game more than any other sport, which is part of why I love it. Everybody has to execute to be successful. In a close game, if any play that went the other way goes your way, you would win, so the loss can't be pinned on any single play.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic