Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I noticed a little backlash towards Humphries
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I noticed a little backlash towards Humphries

Jan 6, 2014, 3:12 AM

on a post I made yesterday. Yea, he had a very costly fumble in a crucial moment during our rivalry game, I get that. Humphries is a #### good football player & I have NEVER seen him come even remotely close to acting like an @ss on the football field. He blocks his tail off, which lots of wide receivers don't do wholeheartedly because it doesn't bring them any glory. He has hustled on every d@mn play I've seen & if he gets the touchdown he celebrates with his teammates, if he doesn't then he's sprinting down-field to join the celebration. He's got great hands, great quickness & runs a solid 4.4-4.5. He's played behind first round talented wr's the whole time he's been here & hasn't moaned like another wide receiver did. He has represented Clemson outstandingly.

If you can't appreciate that because he had a bad play against South Carolina then get over yourselves. Remember it's a game, a game we love too deeply because we're southern college football fans, but it's a game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Humphries is a key factor in our victories - great blocker,

Jan 6, 2014, 3:57 AM

He has caught a lot of over the middle passes, he always hustles, TEAM PLAYER/LEADER - glad he has one more year!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Humphries is a key factor in our victories - great blocker,

Jan 6, 2014, 4:02 AM

they did give him some clout during the OB on his blocking & hustle ;)

he' a goodun!!!

Yep, I would like to see his teammates give him more credit!

Jan 6, 2014, 4:19 AM

Sammy could have thanked him publicly, as he was key factor in Sammy getting all those yards!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is willing to do whatever it takes to win

Jan 6, 2014, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Humphries is a key factor in our victories - great blocker, ]

I see him as a Tyler Grisham type player. Willing to go across the middle, clutch receiver, and will block for other players. All around good player!

Re: I noticed a little backlash towards Humphries

Jan 6, 2014, 5:12 AM

Ironic that he made the tackle on the muffed punt isn't it?

I'd give you 1,000 thumbs up if I could, It's absurd how

Jan 6, 2014, 7:33 AM

idiots on here will not only criticize a player for one or two bad plays, but will label him for it. So pathetic.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yes, there are some Clemson "fans"...

Jan 6, 2014, 9:05 AM

who live and die by one game, and can't see the bigger picture. Wait, they seem to have a lot in common with the majority of our in-state feathered friend "fans". Interesting....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Humphries is the Spencer Shuey of the offense

Jan 6, 2014, 9:26 AM

great effort, great instincts, and the type of player every team needs. And he's going to have a big senior season

with all due respect

Jan 6, 2014, 9:46 AM

he hasn't complained because he knows he doesn't belong in front of those other guys and is very fortunate to be wearing a D1 college uniform.

that said, guys like Adam win you games.

Re: with all due respect

Jan 6, 2014, 11:24 AM

you're nuts... he most certainly deserves to wear a D1 uniform, there are a ton of coaches who would gladly have him on their team... you need to go back and rewatch the games this year..

Re: with all due respect

Jan 6, 2014, 12:17 PM [ in reply to with all due respect ]

EVERYONE who is wearing a D1 uniform is fortunate. If he wasn't wering a Clemson jersey, he would be wearing another D1 jersey. WE are fortunate he is wearing OUR D1 jersey. Dabo got a good 'un.

you wanna remind me again

Jan 6, 2014, 7:28 PM

which other D1 teams offered him? And FCS doesn't count.

hated to see him back off from punt returns

Jan 6, 2014, 11:01 AM

in OB, but understood why. But that ball bounced a long ways each time he wouldn't touch it. One time put us on the one-half yard line (was that when we got the safety?) Hate to see a player go gun-shy after a game like he had at USC.

And...don't recall one single pass throw n his way in OB.

He made the right decision on that punt to the 1. It landed

Jan 6, 2014, 11:30 AM

inside the 10, you don't field a punt inside the 10.

Ohio St made a play, give them credit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic