Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well we all knew the excuses would flow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Well we all knew the excuses would flow

Jan 11, 2019, 2:36 PM

Especially from a team that has nothing to do with us winning a national championship down in the middle of the state. I've heard it, they said "Alabama was just tired from playing such a tough SEC schedule all year and Clemson wasn't" which is funny to read seeing as all year they talked about how Tua never played in the 4th quarter and Alabama players were seeing their backups play as much as them and we faced a team who didn't play in a conference championship and had extra time to rest and prepare FOR THE FOURTH YEAR IN A ROW. We beat, actually we annihilated the best that the SEC had to offer. The team that beat the 2nd best team in the SEC with a back up QB. I'm also curious at how tired are you because of that game with a month and a half before the national title game, it was enough time in between the two games for their star to have surgery, heal, and be 100% the game before us (where he wasn't hit at all or even pressured) and yet the excuse is that they were "tired." Truth is they were tired, they were tired of seeing a freshman QB drop dimes all over the field, tired of seeing another freshman receiver from the state of Alabama making one handed catches at will, tired of seeing Etienne walk into the end zone untouched, tired of watching their goal line offense be thrown back, tired their fake FGs being stuffed. Reality is the only thing the SEC is tired of is playing Clemson!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let an older Tiger set the record straight for those

Jan 11, 2019, 2:52 PM

folks in Columbia: until they quit the sniping and begin deeply looking within their own hearts, minds and souls, their program will remain in mediocrity.

They have a loser's mentality - always belittling and demeaning others' successes without asking themselves what they really need to do to achieve their own success. The major problem: I'm not sure they realize that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let an older Tiger set the record straight for those

Jan 11, 2019, 3:05 PM

their program remaining in mediocrity is fine with me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 11, 2019, 4:36 PM

Fine with me, too. That football schedule looks pretty tough for this fall. Hoping for 4-8 for the chickens.

Jan 11, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Let an older Tiger set the record straight for those ]

Everyone needs a mirror to see what others see in person. Perhaps the best humanitarian act we could do is to give each Gamecock fan a mirror.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 4:04 PM

They'd just bring them all to our game next year and try to blind Trevor on passing plays .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Or throw them at our players***

Jan 11, 2019, 5:23 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Let an older Tiger set the record straight for those ]

You certainly have the gift of the written word.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well we all knew the excuses would flow

Jan 11, 2019, 3:03 PM

I really think we feed the Coots by giving them any attention. This is like debating the NFL with Pee Wee football. Conference affinity is irrelevant. Each conference fields a 2 or 3 teams that are worth a flip year in and year out. The losses have to pile up somewhere and they take their share both in and out of conference. I will agree that the SEC tends to field a higher number of teams that are ranked higher. However, they do not dominate in their bowl games when playing other conferences, which tells me that they aren't any better - they are simply ranked higher. There's certainly a lot of bias towards that conference, which makes the beat down of their top program that much sweeter. Ignore the Coots. They aren't even the same class as Clemson. Never will be.

Pro Tip: Paragraphs are your friend.***

Jan 11, 2019, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Typical u of 5c mentality...

Jan 11, 2019, 3:14 PM

trying to burn down Clemson's house in a sad, pathetic, weak, and desperate attempt to make theirs look better.

Incessantly running their mouths and looking ignorant and deluded are some of the limited few things at which they excel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Well we all knew the excuses would flow

Jan 11, 2019, 3:36 PM

Maybe their opinion would be relevant if they scored any points against a mid tier acc team in their bowl game.

When you're that ignorant and deluded...

Jan 11, 2019, 4:19 PM

your opinions are never relevant.

u of 5c is an insignificant pustule of a maggots a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biggie, I’ve read your posts for years...

Jan 11, 2019, 5:23 PM

And yet your adjectives and comparisons never cease to amaze me.

“Insignificant pustule of a maggots a$$”

??????????

If you can think of a better more fitting explanation...

Jan 11, 2019, 8:24 PM

I'm all ears.

:)

Fact of the matter is...

Jan 11, 2019, 5:07 PM

Results on the field is what counts. The result Monday night was we beat Bama and made it look easy.

Another fact is they goose egged against a average ACC team.

Those are all facts. So anything that is said or thought otherwise is flat out ignoring/denying facts.

I mean.....its like they are telling us water isn't wet. Who in their right mind thinks water isn't wet?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I no longer care what those idiots think

Jan 11, 2019, 5:31 PM

They are beneath us and we really should start ignoring them. It’s reached a point where they are becoming sort of an afterthought in our goals each year. They are becoming just another game into achieving bigger things. Alabama is now our rivals.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic