Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I never pull for Rick Barnes, but tonight when UNC was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,442

I never pull for Rick Barnes, but tonight when UNC was

Dec 18, 2013, 10:21 PM

trying to get away with the typical crap that goes on up there with the officials, I found myself really pulling hard for Texas. Roy Williams tried to get a flagrant call for elbowing called on the Texas player. They kept showing the replay and it didn't even look like he was throwing elbow. He looked like he was protecting the ball and trying to avoid contact and he did avoid contact. After they managed to screw two free throws and the ball out of that, they had the refs checking the monitors for every little second. Loved wathing the Tar Heel fans suffer through that ending. I know they hate losing to Barnes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had to pull for the Horns as well

Dec 18, 2013, 10:27 PM

Roy Williams is a good coach, but his entitled attitude irks me. Also saw where a Texas blogger was at the game and security almost kicked them out for cheering for Texas. Apparently 3 UNC fans stuck up for them while the rest of the Tar Holes in the section wanted them to be ejected. I kind of want to go to our game with them in Chapel Hill and lead the cadence count in a group of white haired, sweater vest, wine and cheese consuming snobs

Re: I had to pull for the Horns as well

Dec 18, 2013, 10:30 PM

it seems the better the coach and team the more entitled they become

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had to pull for the Horns as well

Dec 18, 2013, 10:36 PM [ in reply to I had to pull for the Horns as well ]

If they are going to keep on being that way up there, every opponent they travel to needs to have their security ready eject any UNC fans that utter a peep during the game. If they want to act like JAs at home, they should get treated like it on the road.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Right Rev.Dodd and myself were at the Dean Dome

Dec 18, 2013, 11:47 PM [ in reply to I had to pull for the Horns as well ]

(along with several other Tiger fans) years ago watching a Clemson v unc game in another chapelhole loss. Amazingly, NONE of us were ejected OR arrested---&I think it surprised all of us--although, I must point out, the Rev.'s wonderful spouse is an alumna of unc and my previous girlfriend got her bachelor's and Ph.d there as well. The Rev DID have a few zingers for some clowns making unfunny and unintelligent comments about the Tigers and certain fans (us) who were sitting directly behind them. Our pastor advised the light-blue loudmouths their choice of Wal-Mart unc togs spoke volumes about their sartorial bad judgment and was less than just in poor taste.....Apparently the three of them opted for a less heroic defense of their home turf than to risk tangling with a group of Clemson fans who'd obviously abandoned sanity to support their Tigers in the midst of such overwhelming numbers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction. Roy Williams is a good recruiter, but his

Dec 19, 2013, 8:38 AM [ in reply to I had to pull for the Horns as well ]

coaching skills have always been somewhat questionable.

He's like the top of the line model of Oliver Purnell really. he recruits his players, teaches his system, and then he just lets the kids run it. If things aren't going well he doesn't have the ability to make changes and fix it.

every time the Holes take the court

Dec 18, 2013, 10:36 PM

i hope they lose, period. They are by far my most despised college hoops program in the nation. As much as i cannot stand Barnes and UT, the Horns warmed my heart tonight.

Re: every time the Holes take the court

Dec 18, 2013, 11:05 PM

Really? More despised than the Dookies?

Re: every time the Holes take the court

Dec 19, 2013, 5:49 AM

I despise them equally!!! It warms my heart to see ANYBODY beat them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

trust me, i ain't a closet Duke fan at all.....LOL

Dec 19, 2013, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: every time the Holes take the court ]

the thing that i think makes the Holes further down on my cannot stand list is the fact that at Duke, at least their fans are passionate and raise hell (though they drive me nuts...), and the players seem to be good citizens, go to class, grad, etc....UNC ain't any better than any other basketball factory and they have stuff going on off the court regularly in their athletic dept.. When you combine that with their wine and cheese elitist fans and their self imposed classy school mindset it is a recipe for contempt for me and the Holes.
I hope Duke continues to pound them every time they play. Then i want Duke to lose every other game...LOL

The big question "was anybody in the crowd wearing

Dec 18, 2013, 11:37 PM

Texas colors and what quarter did they get thrown out"?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Rick.***

Dec 19, 2013, 1:07 AM

Why hate Rick?

Dec 19, 2013, 4:24 AM

Because he left for a much better job?

Rick did some incredible things while a Tiger.

And he took no crap from the Heels.

I will always be a Rick fan.

Rick Barnes is a Putz!

Dec 19, 2013, 9:13 AM

Could have left in style, but him and his wife had to take some parting shots at SC public education, Daniel HS in particular. Totally classless!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That isnt the real reason Ricky left- Is it Ricky??

Dec 19, 2013, 9:21 AM

Now his wife may have given him an education on who runs the family after Ricky spent wayyyy tooooo much time at the office watching film

It was film wasnt it Ricky?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts exactly***

Dec 19, 2013, 6:11 AM

I will never pull for that traitor

Dec 19, 2013, 8:24 AM

However, I might have been able to suspend my hatred of him for one game in order to see UNC lose on their home court. Or maybe I could have just pretended he wasn't the coach.

Re: I will never pull for that traitor

Dec 19, 2013, 10:07 AM

Barnes left for a better job, why is that traitorous?

If 15 years of TigerNet has not answered your question

Dec 19, 2013, 10:54 AM

I'm certainly not going to start trying. If you don't think he's a traitor, fine. I disagree.

haters are gonna hate

Dec 19, 2013, 10:12 AM

and jealousy is usually funny

And your football team has given up 59 and 52 points the

Dec 19, 2013, 3:33 PM

last two trips to Death Valley. And they weren't even having to attend class, or write their own papers. Now that's funny!

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,442
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic