Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I need help geeks. (I’m really embarrassed to have to ask about this.)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 505

I need help geeks. (I’m really embarrassed to have to ask about this.)

Jul 8, 2020, 12:31 PM

I will take sarcastic responses as well as honest responses. Please reply below so I can consider my options. I will be rewarding all advice with 1 upvote/thumbs up/paw point. Even if I pass out, I will return later to TUs these posts. If you see that I have not a couple days from now, it’s because I got way too drunk and forgot that I posted this. Just tag me in a post and then... Boom TU!

Here we go...

So I gots two, yep two, new labtops. Yep labtops. Y’all know y’all say it that way too, so shut up. I want Microsoft Word on both of those suckers. (I know that I can use my free Microsoft Office 365 with work on my on labtop at home but I really just don’t want it to be affiliated with the hustlers so to speak.) So what really is the cheapest way to purchase this type of computer software online for two separate devices, that does not involve monthly payments? I can’t do monthly payments cause my finances are fluid. (Meaning I drink my wages away in the form of fluids so my bank account could be empty or I could get fired for always being drunk at work.) I really only use Microsoft Word. It’s the best word processor ever created. But if I had Excel that would be a plus as well. Screw PowerPoint... ain’t nobody using that crap! If I wanted the world to see it I’d whip it out in front of them in the public sun! So again, wanting Word on 2 computers. But only want to pay for 1 and I’d gladly accept suggestions on getting more for even cheaper. Please don’t give me a virus. COVID-19 be safe!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check Napster or Limewire

Jul 8, 2020, 12:34 PM

Need to make sure the file your downloading ends in .exe, so you know it'll work on Windows.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Check Napster or Limewire

Jul 8, 2020, 12:43 PM

Look, Limewire had some quality virus content, but if you

Jul 8, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Check Napster or Limewire ]

wanted your PC to actually explode, Morpheus was the way to go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for this sorta stuff, I always use

Jul 8, 2020, 12:35 PM

7.com

I went thru similar situation last year and decided

Jul 8, 2020, 12:36 PM

to go ahead and get a 365 license - $99 a year. Download the software.

Otherwise, go to Chrome apps I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IIRC, I went with a little more expensive so my son

could share it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got u fam

Jul 8, 2020, 12:39 PM

1) milk to freezer

2) Fire up your labtop.

C) Go to interwebs.

d) Search for redtube

V) Pull out dink

Sex) Jay O

7) Go to google

8) Search 4 MS Word Free

9) Click the 3rd search rezult.

tin) Abrobtly slam labtop closed on ur dink

11) ???

12) Profit

420) 69

Okay, wait! What kind of milk?

Jul 8, 2020, 12:41 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTp1WSQExWSx6VRCTB9fO0jaLNZ_CdYzY3dmA&usqp=CAU

hole milk***

Re: I need help geeks. (I’m really embarrassed to have to ask about this.)

Jul 8, 2020, 12:44 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/PB-1hKogxdQN48ko2LrhpIpjZ4YwMsG9kmVkfsAbdZoNZ2cJ0Qd-_oxbIuz91PxJxBO8o8M52cAMTMHjuqCKOTk243cnWw99BnrYuj3K1z1egw9SwQl8NbjPPW8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

she seems nice***

Jul 8, 2020, 12:47 PM

Definitely a mood####***

Jul 8, 2020, 12:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First of all, 1st Gif... How did you get video inside my home?***

Jul 8, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I need help geeks. (I’m really embarrassed to have to ask about this.) ]

I was gonna claim that one, too

Jul 8, 2020, 1:02 PM

almost exactly what my hair looks like at the moment

Probably the simplest solution for what you're trying to do

Jul 8, 2020, 12:44 PM

is to sell both 'labtops', all other worldly possessions, and then walk the earth, meet people... get into adventures. Like Kane in Kung Fu.

Also, I need to correct your horrifying mistake...the greatest word processor ever created is RH Tig.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree to disagree. You sir are the undisputed greatest warlord.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:55 PM

But word processors belong to Microsoft Word!

The unscurfulaptorous truth is that Microsoft cannot even

Jul 8, 2020, 12:58 PM

comprehend some of the magjificatious words that am I am able to create in a condiformentional manner.

thepiratebay.org

Jul 8, 2020, 12:45 PM

And install at your own risk. Got a 60/40 chance it's a virus. About the same odds you'll get busted downloading it too.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walpmane, you want one (1) to work for two (2). In this case

Jul 8, 2020, 12:49 PM

I'll give you one (1) answer, but only after you post two (2) tiddie pigs. To be clear, one (1) tiddie pig consists of two (2) pair of bare nekkid female human tiddies. In total, we should see four (4) total female human tiddies.

We can get you the word for half price, but it's ghana costya some tiddie pigs.

Better than what LBB gave me yesterday...

Jul 8, 2020, 1:03 PM

Literally the purpose of the at home licenses that your work

Jul 8, 2020, 12:54 PM

pays for so you can use them at home...they cannot see what you do inside Office 365, lol.

The only downside to using those is that if you leave the company it will kill the subscription and you won't have a licensed version of Office products.

You'd be dumb to not just use the free work one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yea, I had a home license that either was free or $10??

Jul 8, 2020, 12:56 PM

it terminated when I retired.

Most companies I think hit whatever Office 365 Enterprise

Jul 8, 2020, 12:57 PM

level is that gives 5 free personal licenses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Note the “fluid” part of my post.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Literally the purpose of the at home licenses that your work ]

Today, tomorrow, or some other day in the future... I’m leaving.

I’d like to take my outdated “Word Documents” with me. Only 7spots can do 7spots. Only I can’t remember everything I did . So I need to be able to save and then later make changes to that ####.

(Side note: I’ll probably use my free work stuff mostly. I just want these “labtops” to have their very own Microsoft Word. It still matters to me dammitt!)

If you lose your subscription, you don't lose your files,

Jul 8, 2020, 1:01 PM

that's a future you problem to get your own working Office at that time.

just use Google Docs/Sheets/etc

Jul 8, 2020, 12:55 PM

free be free....and convenient, and sync'd everywhere....and opens/saves to .doc

I'm sure there are some advance MS Word/Excel features that aren't available, but I'm not a 'power-user/bottom' so I don't care

This only solidifies how I feel about architects

Jul 8, 2020, 12:56 PM

if Google Sheets suffices for you over Excel.

gave you a TU

but it was a pity, 'aww, that's cute' TU.

just know that.

At least we're not Greenr who cannot even use AutoCAD

amirite.jpg

LULZ, I KNOW RIGHT?

Jul 8, 2020, 12:59 PM

but autocad sucks, for real, after working in Revit past 5 years

but i can still use it, tho

Revit is the worst and dumbest* program ever

Jul 8, 2020, 1:02 PM

* - for industrial applications, it has merits for buildings and the crap architects care about.

I'm good with vanilla AutoCAD tyvm.

I'd like to rescind my previous TU, thank you, and kindly

Jul 8, 2020, 1:04 PM

DIAF

unless, of course, we can agree to hate Microstation

I amend my statement.

Jul 8, 2020, 1:10 PM

MicroStation is literally the worst CAD program in existence. Followed up by Revit.

I get the features of Revit, it's great at cookie cutter buildings, and caring about 120V loads. Revit guys in the office were glorifying it and showing how awesome it is at linking lights and receptacles to circuits and filling in the panel schedule information for you...and I'm just thinking that lighting & receptacles are the least amount of care part of a design for a W/WW facility. Start asking for easy ways to draw an elementary control schematic for a motor starter in an MCC bucket, or a single line diagram of that MCC, and Revit is crap.

But yes, MicroStation, woof. Bunch of DOT projects still use MicroStation, they were adding a pump station there and the project was being submitted in MicroStation...I opened that program once, took me an hour to figure out how to do something that would've taken me 10 seconds in AutoCAD. Wound up doing the whole design in AutoCAD, and somebody imported it into MicroStation for me.

We work in both worlds

Jul 8, 2020, 1:16 PM

and Microstation people are retarded when it comes to Civil 3D or any non-Microstation product. I hate those people. Microstation sucks. DOTs are going away from it towards InRoads. Which reminds me, I was supposed to be teaching myself InRoads in my spare time.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's not be too hard on Greenr.

Jul 8, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to At least we're not Greenr who cannot even use AutoCAD ]

I mean, he has a hard time working in Tigernet, for the love of all that is holy and righteous.

Want to know the great thing about Civil 3D though?

Jul 8, 2020, 1:15 PM [ in reply to At least we're not Greenr who cannot even use AutoCAD ]

I had one of the guys who work with me just make all the edits. I marked up the PDF and sent it to him and he took care of it.

Yes, I did have to explicitly mark up EXACTLY what I needed him to do, then mark it up again when he didn't do it exactly right, but that worked (so far)

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what I hate about new kids.

Jul 8, 2020, 1:18 PM

I explain to them:
Marked up in red - do it literally
Marked up in blue - do what I'm saying, but it requires some thinking
Marked up in green - provide a response to me (typically it's a question on design or sizing)

Whenever they cannot follow that, make them provide a highlighted copy back of my markups where they highlight the thing once they've done it.

AND EVEN THEN THEY STILL MISS ####### MARKUPS EVEN THOUGH THEY HIGHLIGHTED IT.

i've got a designer in our Poland office working for me

Jul 8, 2020, 1:22 PM

i think that office asked someone on the street "do you kinda know autocad?"
"yes?"
"ok, do you know anything about architecture?"
"not rea-"
"YORE HIGHERED!"

FML

I had to almost entirely re-do 2 sheets over the weekend for a client meeting in....40 minutes

Re: I need help geeks. (I’m really embarrassed to have to ask about this.)

Jul 8, 2020, 1:42 PM

Libre Office ftw - open source and free. Bit different, but will do what you need

Or, you can just bit torrent a non O365 version. Make sure to change your hosts file to not point to M$ update URLs trying to update. Oh, and don't update manually of course.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thepiratebay.com

Jul 8, 2020, 1:57 PM

Click top 100 all, Microsoft office is usually top 5. Download and profit

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 505
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic