Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I must say FSU is looking dang impressive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I must say FSU is looking dang impressive

Oct 7, 2013, 11:00 AM

Mds D is no slouch. they have a really good front 4. Combined with FSUs D, they look better to me than any other team in the country right now. I have a feeling the game will come down to, which QB performs better in the spot light.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah....but......

Oct 7, 2013, 11:06 AM

I think MD was oversold by the media. They aren't what we thought they were. If anything, WV is a shadow of itself.

And I was certainly guilty of over-buying MD.

But after what I saw, MD looks like a team that will quit if you punch them in the mouth. They literally quit in the 1st quarter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Maryland is nobody to overlook this year

Oct 7, 2013, 11:20 AM

And if we overlook them we will be toast. But I don't think that will be a problem for our players. Maryland may put up some competition but I don't think they'll have any chance of keeping up with us as long as we're in our game. They may be a half-decent team but world-beaters, they aren't. That WVU win is looking a whole lot less impressive, given WVU's schizophrenic results.

Personally I hope we put 100 points on them...give them a nice going-away present.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maryland is nobody to overlook this year

Oct 7, 2013, 11:26 AM

Yeah, they have serious problems at corner and their run D is not nearly as good as it looked vs. inferior opponents.

If we can establish the run and hit the deep ball, they should be toast by the 2nd quarter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: I must say FSU is looking dang impressive

Oct 7, 2013, 11:15 AM

Mentioned this in another article...Clemson is #2 in tackles for a loss, also has the sack leader in the NCAA that also happens to sit at #6 in tackles for a loss (Vic Beasley), also has a guy sitting at #39 in tackles for loss (Shaq Lawson). We are also #2 in turnover margin (#6 in turnovers gained), tied in 7th (or @ #8 technical) in passes intercepted, and #6 in Red Zone Defense.

Since Winston is more of a pocket passer than a rusher, those stats make up a potential for a nightmare for Winston if we are playing our best game. Yes, they are looking impressive, but they haven't played against any team that has the defensive stats that match their QB's strengths like ours.

once cj brown went out.....their chance of winning went out

Oct 7, 2013, 11:19 AM

I wouldn't mind playing maryland WITHOUT brown

No kidding. They stink out loud without CJ

Oct 7, 2013, 11:26 AM

They can't run their offense without him. The backup can't do what they're geared to do.

FSU's defense was better last year

Oct 7, 2013, 11:22 AM

The difference this year will be our defense.

National Statistics for Defense:
Sacks: #1
TFL: #2
TO Margin: #2
3rd down %: #5
PPG: #16 (FSU is #3 but the difference is 4 ppg, take away UGA...)

Don't forget special teams and turn-over margin

Oct 7, 2013, 12:02 PM

...those two will make or break the outcome for our Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic