Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Townsend speaks out about Clemson choice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Jan 10, 2011, 6:40 PM

Lateek Townsend surprised a lot of people when he announced during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, but Townsend told TigerNet Tuesday afternoon that he has known for a while that Clemson was the place for him. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this kid has gotten a lot of negative "press" on this board

Jan 10, 2011, 6:43 PM

sounds like a good kid to me. I also like the attitude of playing anywhere the team needs him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

revisiting the scene of the crime?

Jan 10, 2011, 6:46 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must admit, I had somewhat of a negative impression

Jan 10, 2011, 6:49 PM [ in reply to this kid has gotten a lot of negative "press" on this board ]

after seeing his "decision" at the all-star game. Now I'm thinking that was just due to excitement, as everything I've heard and read since paints a much different picture.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I must admit, I had somewhat of a negative impression

Jan 10, 2011, 8:12 PM

I thought his "decision" was ironic. The whole time I was like - the kid is doing an Andy Kaufman bit where the joke is one everyone, including the guys who decided to interview him on TV.

Re: I must admit, I had somewhat of a negative impression

Jan 10, 2011, 8:51 PM

i thought it was hilarious- they guy told him to pick one about three or four times, and he just kept on rolling- then he chooses clemson after he told the announcer it would be usuc- classic

he'll probably end up at arizona state or somewhere, though, just to keep people guessing

point for the Andy Kaufman reference.***

Jan 10, 2011, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I must admit, I had somewhat of a negative impression ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a totally different young man.

Jan 10, 2011, 6:52 PM [ in reply to this kid has gotten a lot of negative "press" on this board ]

I guess it is just the Clemson influence.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He got some good press in the state paper, but I know what

Jan 10, 2011, 6:53 PM [ in reply to this kid has gotten a lot of negative "press" on this board ]

you're referring to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: this kid has gotten a lot of negative "press" on this board

Jan 10, 2011, 11:43 PM [ in reply to this kid has gotten a lot of negative "press" on this board ]

Sounds like these kids don't read TN too much, huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff ...

Jan 10, 2011, 6:44 PM

come ready to work hard and play hard and make yourself proud. Welcome.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

That does say it all, "Clemson, the happy campus". I

Jan 10, 2011, 6:52 PM

remember it ranking as the #1 campus where students were the happiest.

I liked that quote as well - kudos to all in Clemson***

Jan 10, 2011, 7:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree 100%***

Jan 10, 2011, 8:42 PM [ in reply to That does say it all, "Clemson, the happy campus". I ]

What I like best...

Jan 10, 2011, 8:19 PM

His decision speech cracked me up. That personality will take him a long way, regardless of football. But on the football side, I hope he turns into another Kirkland. Hulk. Smash!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Townsend speaks out about Clemson choice

Jan 12, 2011, 9:34 AM

Please don't play games with us and switch. No doubt a need for CU. It would be nice to see them land the best LB class in a long time if he get get Stephone Anthony and Tony Steward to come with him. We could get back to LB U. The current guys are good but I do not think they have the raw talent and speed of these 3.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic