Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I miss the old days when there were not so many bowls and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,275

I miss the old days when there were not so many bowls and

Sep 30, 2013, 3:06 PM

the teams that went to the bowls were teams that needed to be there. It is like college football is turning to Dixie Youth, everybody plays and everyone gets a throphy. There are so many teams with 6-5 or 6-6 records that don't belong. It is watered down in my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I REMEMBER WHEN A COCA-COLA ONLY COST A NICKEL!***

Sep 30, 2013, 3:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember when a dime bag cost a dime?***

Sep 30, 2013, 3:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember when a dime bag cost a dime?***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:28 PM

I remember buying a pound for 100 bucks. I had plenty of friends that would pay $10 for an oh zee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably still do***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like some Schwaggy stuff.***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Remember when a dime bag cost a dime?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they have electricity and running water back then?***

Sep 30, 2013, 3:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Did they have electricity and running water back then?***

Sep 30, 2013, 5:17 PM

yes - but only in the main house - the outhouse was not so lucky. :)

Bring your own Sears & Roebuck catalog.

I understand this line of thinking. I'm just courious as to

Sep 30, 2013, 3:13 PM

what happened in your world today that inspired it. This notion has been around for quite some time now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just doing like everyone else....saying what is on my mind.

Sep 30, 2013, 3:15 PM

Sorry if Germans and I bored you. Now I'm off of 666 posts. Don't like that number for some reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of the above. I was simply curious.***

Sep 30, 2013, 3:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

okay. cool.***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:01 PM

Yep.***

Sep 30, 2013, 3:25 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

and what's up with these fancy cassette tapes back in my day

Sep 30, 2013, 3:58 PM

we had phonographs....and cholera

Did you bypass 8 tracks? Man that was long, well, um, it

Sep 30, 2013, 4:02 PM

wasn't that long ago. Was it?

It's actually a Federal Law.

Sep 30, 2013, 4:00 PM

It's called 'No Team Left Behind.'

They promise it will make all teams better in the end.

It started long before that.

Sep 30, 2013, 4:32 PM

We had to become a 'kinder gentler nation,' so that when we learned that 'it takes a village to raise,' a team so that 'no team lef...,' could reach complete fruition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has Bowl Season already started?***

Sep 30, 2013, 4:40 PM

I was just watching the Spring Game the other day.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

What's wrong with bowls? It helps local economies and

Sep 30, 2013, 4:45 PM

rewards college football players with a trip. It's not like the taxpayers have to pay for it.

I thik most of the games are a joke though, and turn my attention to the NFL in December because they actually have a real playoff system.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're pro bowls and then you don't watch them and turn to

Oct 1, 2013, 9:28 AM

the NFL. That's my point. We have to many of them and the stadiums are not even half full on most bowls.

Ah yes. "There's too much college football."

Sep 30, 2013, 5:17 PM

I keed, I keed.

But seriously, I have no problem with the proliferation of bowl games. Let the players go to a nice destination. Let the fans go too. Let the towns sell some hotel rooms. Let the school make a couple bucks and let me watch my team one last time. I was glad to see CJ Spiller one last time in orange when they went to the Music City Bowl, or Woody Dantzler in the Humanitarian Bowl. I don't care if no one else thought they were important games.

I still say that the group think about the importance of a playoff will hurt college football in the end. The more we try to make it "NFL light", the more we'll miss the pagentry that makes it unique and great.

null

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,275
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic