Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tajh Boyd to play on Saturday against the Wolfpack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Nov 1, 2010, 1:03 PM

Backup quarterback Tajh Boyd met with head coach Dabo Swinney and offensive coordinator Billy Napier Monday morning, and he said he was told that he will see action on Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet another adjustment made once the damage is done

Nov 1, 2010, 1:05 PM

Sure would have been nice for them to have made that decision somewhere around halftime on Saturday.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

###### if you do and ###### if you don't.**

Nov 1, 2010, 1:06 PM

nm

exactly

Nov 1, 2010, 1:09 PM

there is no right move for Dabo. He could hand out $100 bills before the game to the crowd and they'd say where was this against North Texas.

You're right

Nov 1, 2010, 1:13 PM

Dabo just can't win, can he? He waits, and waits, and waits... until the clock is all zeros and we officially lose to a terrible Boston College team.

This isn't soccer, folks. You can sub guys in and out all you want. Why didn't Boyd see any action up in Boston? Just inexcusable and the guy who said reactive rather than proactive is 100% right.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get that feeling too. reactive instead of proactive***

Nov 1, 2010, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Yet another adjustment made once the damage is done ]

Proactive........like magic***

Nov 1, 2010, 1:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: Yet another adjustment made once the damage is done

Nov 1, 2010, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Yet another adjustment made once the damage is done ]

Would have been nice a few games ago when the offense was getting continually worse.

But at least he's getting some PT.

Agreed - KP shoulda been benched after that 1st Int and how

Nov 1, 2010, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Yet another adjustment made once the damage is done ]

he dissed Dabo when he walked back to the sidelines by ignoring him and going straight to the bench. Right then Boyd should have been told to buckle up and get ready to get in the game.

Re: Agreed - KP shoulda been benched after that 1st Int and how

Nov 1, 2010, 1:16 PM

Exactly! Actually, I thought that was the perfect time to put Boyd in the game. Everyone would have understood. Now its like Dabo is grasping at what ever!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

should have been put in after

Nov 1, 2010, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Yet another adjustment made once the damage is done ]

Parker ignored Dabo after the first interception and headed straight to the bench.

My high school coach would have benched a player for intentially ignoring him during a game.

Dabo puts him right back in there...and another interception.

Re: Yet another adjustment made once the damage is done

Nov 1, 2010, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Yet another adjustment made once the damage is done ]

Halftime on Saturday?? How about during the Miami game he should have seen the field the Auburn game he should have seen the field. I'm not saying stay in the whole time but if you have a linemen miss a block then he turns around and misses another block then you pull him tell him on the sideline to pull his head out of his @$$ and you put him back in the game that is what should have happened and it is now happening. I don't think we will see better play from Boyd but this season really isnt about him its about getting the best players on the field and the player on the field playing the best he can and if he starts to have pipe dreams and loses focus his @$$ will sit the bench until he figures out what he needs to do.

Tommy Bowden wouldnt play the "other" guy either and he is at home and thanks to TDP has 2 milllion of our IPTAY dollars.

Interesting.***

Awesome. Hope he makes the most of it and holds on to the

ball with two hands. Good luck Tajh!

I hope he is given meaningful minutes and plays well.***

Nov 1, 2010, 1:11 PM

maybe he'll stay awake for this game***

Nov 1, 2010, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe he'll stay awake for this game***

Nov 1, 2010, 1:21 PM

Good point. Unfortunately there is a reason he isnt playing. He isnt ready. And right now it wouldnt matter if Whitehurst came back, the play calling and route designs are awful!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stupid move to make promises to Boyd IMO...

Nov 1, 2010, 1:24 PM

who knows what was really said, but I thought it was a mistake when Dabo did it for Korn last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: stupid move to make promises to Boyd IMO...

Nov 1, 2010, 1:33 PM

Is it a mistake to tell a person that you better get ready to play because you will see the field? NO!!!!

This will now motivate 2 players more than they were last week. Boyd knows he needs to have a good week to get into the game and Parker will have a sense of urgency.
Honestly I could go hand off to Harper first and second down and run around the field and throw it up for grabs on 3 and 8. Whats the difference in that and in the last 4th quarter.

Talk is cheap and weak

Nov 1, 2010, 2:41 PM [ in reply to stupid move to make promises to Boyd IMO... ]

Dabo seems like he's running for office. Why can't he just put Boyd in Sat.? This football by committee is killing us. Coach - you don't have to make everybody happy. For right now, screw the culture, screw your coaching buddies. #### some people off. Get mad as he*l. Imagine that you're Nick Saban.

What exactly is wrong with the route designs?

Nov 1, 2010, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe he'll stay awake for this game*** ]

Not being smart I just really want to know. I can't see the routes most of the time on TV and the games I went to (Maryland and Georgia Tech) we won. Kyle Parker has time and won't step up and throw the ball. I was wondering if our receivers really aren't open or if Kyle Parker just stinks.

Re: What exactly is wrong with the route designs?

Nov 1, 2010, 2:01 PM

KP's vision is not near as good as it was last year. I have seen open receivers at times in games and wondered why he doesn't see them. And I'm not just talking about times when the pressure is on him; I'm talking about times when he had time to set up. It may have a lot to do with the confidence with the receivers too. The times that he DID get it there early in the season, they dropped passes. Inconsistent receivers makes a so-so quarterback look worse whereas great receivers make a quarterback look better than he actually is.

Re: What exactly is wrong with the route designs?

Nov 1, 2010, 5:19 PM [ in reply to What exactly is wrong with the route designs? ]

He stinks. We changed WRs from (dye, ashe, clear, ford) to (nuke, bryce, jones, and brown) we've gotten AE more carries than JH the line is solid. but we have not made any type of Qb move. but we are .500 and behind USUC Chickens.

Attendance conspiracy!!

Nov 1, 2010, 1:19 PM

bad AD no cookie

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden Jr. is making the comparison easier every day***

Nov 1, 2010, 1:26 PM

I miss Willy Korn

Nov 1, 2010, 1:33 PM

:)

Spurrier wants to know what took 'em so long****

Nov 1, 2010, 1:34 PM

#### spurrier and the whorse he rode in on

Nov 1, 2010, 2:21 PM

usc can suck it

null

Re: Tajh Boyd to play on Saturday against the Wolfpack

Nov 1, 2010, 2:04 PM

I wonder about this... "some playing time" deal. We should have a QB change or we shouldnt. Remember when Korn was getting some "playing time" Many times it just broke up the offenses momentum in the game.

Im not sure how they are going to do this.

exactly what i was thinking

Nov 1, 2010, 2:07 PM

Wasn't WK promised something like this? I want Boyd to start.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Of Course. He needs the experience for Next year***

Nov 1, 2010, 2:29 PM

Why is this made public on Monday? Dabo covering his butt?

Nov 1, 2010, 2:33 PM

I don't understand why this was made public today. How does announcing this help the team win? Doesn't it just help NCSU game-plan? It just seems like a way for Dabo to deflect some criticism and distract the fans.

Why was it made public at all?! Let NC State know?!***

Nov 1, 2010, 3:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great decision... This will be good experience for Boyd

Nov 1, 2010, 3:06 PM

I hope he plays more than a quarter. With them being out of the division race, they are playing mostly for pride at this point.

Getting Boyd meaningful reps will be huge for his development

looking forward to Tahj

Nov 1, 2010, 3:32 PM

getting sacked! love Clemson, but it's been a long time coming for a good season for my wolfpack.

NCSU 35
Clemson 17

Rabble Rabble Rabble***

Nov 1, 2010, 3:33 PM

FINALLY!!!!

Nov 1, 2010, 3:34 PM

Geez.

After its all said and done.......

Nov 1, 2010, 3:43 PM

there's usually more said than done.

Clemson Football

Re: Tajh Boyd to play on Saturday against the Wolfpack

Nov 1, 2010, 5:11 PM

Boy, I'm glad I read this before I left work today. I'm going to sleep well tonight knowing you guys have the problem solved and we get a better Shot with Boyd...can't figure out how you accunulated this data without really seeing him play much.

KP, just in case you read this, I want to thank you for some very hard work, and some exciting times you gave us on the field...suspect not too many of your detractors have any experience beyond the TV to throw you aside this fast. I'm sorry things didn't work out this year. And, by he way, thanks for what you've done for Clemson baseball. Some of us more mature individuals won't forget that. Good luck...I'm sure you'll do us proud!

DABO!

Dec 19, 2018, 12:33 PM

I LOVE YOU!!!!:)

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic