Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I might be the only one but I actually feel for Brad now....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

I might be the only one but I actually feel for Brad now....

Mar 29, 2017, 8:55 AM

I get it...he's making a ton of cash....it would take me a dozen years to make what he makes in a year but now he's in a no win situation unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat. He just lost his best player by a mile. He just lost his best rebounder by a mile. He doesn't have a replacement for either player and now he's being backed into a corner with a three year deal to go get it done. It's not a good situation. He obviously hasn't had the success we wanted or experienced under the previous coach. Now you're in a situation where there's a tremendous amount of urgency and your boss half way believes in you. Not a good working environment to say the least.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I might be the only one but I actually feel for Brad now....

Mar 29, 2017, 9:00 AM

At Brad's level, it should be "business" instead of emotion. He is paid very well, and does not produce anywhere near the expected level. I'm retired now, but if I performed as badly as Brad has performed, I sure would not have lasted 7 years. I wouldn't have lasted 7 months. No way do I feel the least bit sorry for someone as fortunate as "Mr. Comfy".

That said - it's YOUR choice, and I have no problem with others having different opinions (unless it was MY business that is affected).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People can talk about their job performance but Brad's is

Mar 29, 2017, 11:06 AM

out in the public eye and stats don't lie. I have always thought that it would be great to see the yearly reviews that some of the negative posters received . It would be eye opening I am sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least he doesn't read TigerNet.***

Mar 29, 2017, 9:14 AM

Mar 29, 2017, 9:25 AM

This is pretty much being handled the same way as DRad handled the last painful year with Jack. Ambiguous "staff changes" and "culture changes" are the solutions he is banking on. The death spiral seems in effect. He just punted the ball down the road a year. He has to make the exact same decision next year - extend or fire after what will likely be another Nit bid at the best. If brad pulls the rabbit and gets into the dance then it's a different story.

Mar 29, 2017, 9:38 AM

I'm in the corner for making a change. This is the Leggett situation again. However, I do feel for Brownell. He has not lived up to expectations and advanced this program. Fans will support a winner on the field or court. Even Danny was almost fired for not winning till he beat the chickens in 1980. OP got us to the dance. Brad has not. The fans don't want him here. His ad won't give him an extension or a real vote of confidence. Next year will be a pressure year. He's in a tough spot.

It is absolutely the Jack Leggett situation all over again***

Mar 29, 2017, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I might be the only one but I actually feel for Brad now.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It is absolutely the Jack Leggett situation all over again***

Mar 29, 2017, 9:50 PM

guess it aint. jack was let go.

Mar 29, 2017, 10:09 AM

I guess Drad likes Brownell better.

Mar 29, 2017, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: It is absolutely the Jack Leggett situation all over again*** ]

Wow, what a shocker that you don't understand what he's talking about.

Mar 29, 2017, 9:51 AM [ in reply to It is absolutely the Jack Leggett situation all over again*** ]

Except Leggett had built up collateral. Retaining Brownell when he hasn't done anything makes even less sense

Agreed !!!***

Mar 29, 2017, 12:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Eli Thomas is better than Djitte...

Mar 29, 2017, 9:44 AM

certainly offensively, he has a higher basketball IQ, he works harder on the boards and down on the block, and he isn't as foul prone.

Offensively, yes. From a rebounding and foul perspective

Mar 29, 2017, 10:16 AM

Djitte was better. Thomas averaged 3.6 fouls per 16.9 minutes. Djitte averaged 3.0 per 23.5 minutes. Djitte averaged 7.7 rebounds and Thomas 4.2.

Thomas has to reduce the foolish fouls and play better defense so he can stay on the floor longer and contribute more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensively, yes. From a rebounding and foul perspective

Mar 29, 2017, 10:22 AM

He has three good players to build a team around. Can Devoe and Grantham step up their games? Can any reserves become impact players? Will any incoming freshmen make a big impact? The season results rides on it.

Mar 29, 2017, 10:24 AM

hey coachmac, can you name the players coming in next year. remember, no fair googling.

Mar 29, 2017, 10:28 AM

I've looked them up. It's a good class but far from a great class. Most of them have more mid major offers than big time offers. That's typical of Brads recruits. Calling them out by name does not help the recruiting situation.

Mar 29, 2017, 10:35 AM

Congrats on another clueless post.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 29, 2017, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Offensively, yes. From a rebounding and foul perspective ]

LMFAO. figures. you really have no clue about the program other than record and you dont like brad.

getting back to the original post he's got a good class

Mar 29, 2017, 10:46 AM

coming in....two three stars and one four star but if you have a short leash you tend to focus more on the veterans because you're afraid you won't be around long term...like a sales rep who's on a short leash focuses on deals in his pipeline instead of building a business.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: getting back to the original post he's got a good class

Mar 29, 2017, 11:00 AM

dont forget oliver

Mar 29, 2017, 11:00 AM

of course coachmac wont know who that is.

Mar 29, 2017, 11:04 AM

It's the women's coaches son.

strange that AJ isn't showing up on Rivals or Scout***

Mar 29, 2017, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: getting back to the original post he's got a good class ]

Re: strange that AJ isn't showing up on Rivals or Scout***

Mar 29, 2017, 12:46 PM

Most likely because he was an EE. He has been practicing with the team for over a year now, just was not eligible to play until this next upcoming season.

Mar 29, 2017, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: getting back to the original post he's got a good class ]

And the PF transfer from Valparaiso.

Mar 29, 2017, 11:07 AM [ in reply to getting back to the original post he's got a good class ]

That's my point. These incoming kids aren't likely to make an impact because Brad is under pressure to improve the product. He has to hope that Legend improves and Grantham plays up to his talent.

Mar 29, 2017, 11:08 AM

And another clueless troll post.

Great job site mods.

According to ACC SPORTS JOURNAL it is three 4 stars and one

Mar 29, 2017, 11:12 AM [ in reply to getting back to the original post he's got a good class ]

3 stars.

Mar 29, 2017, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Offensively, yes. From a rebounding and foul perspective ]

It's not that I don't like Brad. I dont like seeing a major sports program on a downward spiral. Brownell is a nice guy. He inherited a program that had been to multiple NCAA tournaments. Six years later we have not been back. Those are real standards. The program has declined by basketball standards. He's like Bowden and Leggett. They were nice guys and graduated their players but could not get it done on the field. Like Leggett , Brownell is getting at least one more year. He needs to prove something next year. Its not personal.

you didn't watch an entire game this season, how would

Mar 29, 2017, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Offensively, yes. From a rebounding and foul perspective ]

even know?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you didn't watch an entire game this season, how would

Mar 29, 2017, 12:51 PM

Will be interesting to hear his response.

it depends...

Mar 29, 2017, 12:53 PM

do you find crickets interesting? That's all I expect to hear

Re: you didn't watch an entire game this season, how would

Mar 29, 2017, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: you didn't watch an entire game this season, how would ]

still waiting

do you hear the crickets?***

Mar 29, 2017, 4:16 PM

Re: do you hear the crickets?***

Mar 29, 2017, 4:29 PM

loud and clear

Dude...

Mar 29, 2017, 2:58 PM [ in reply to you didn't watch an entire game this season, how would ]

I have been a basketball season ticket holder for nearly 30 years. I didn't miss a single home game this year.

Dude...

Mar 29, 2017, 3:02 PM

He wasn't talking to you. Not everything is about you biggie

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

cents win !?!?!?!***

Mar 29, 2017, 4:18 PM

Dude...clearly I wasn't responding to YOUR post

Mar 29, 2017, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Dude... ]

hth

look at every team in the tournament

Mar 29, 2017, 10:53 AM [ in reply to I think Eli Thomas is better than Djitte... ]

and theres a "guy" as the leader...can Thomas be that guy...maybe so

I love Eli, but he is as foul prone as ANY big we have ever

Mar 29, 2017, 12:49 PM [ in reply to I think Eli Thomas is better than Djitte... ]

had...He routinely picked up 3-4 fouls in a half

I just hope Coach can teach him how to dunk!

Mar 29, 2017, 2:12 PM [ in reply to I think Eli Thomas is better than Djitte... ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2017, 11:12 AM

I wasnt big on keeping Brownell, but as long as he is our coach I will support him and the team to hopefully do better.

Recruiting is a re-fill, re-load process

Mar 29, 2017, 2:55 PM

ask any college coach. Ask and see Dabo and football program. Do not feel bad at all. They are paid millions and this is part of their job.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic