Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The conservative kiss of death
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 515

The conservative kiss of death

Oct 30, 2018, 11:12 AM

They are waking up. Black voter approval now at 40% for Trump as of yesterday's Rasmussen poll. This number is well beyond minimum levels to impact election outcomes, depending on where they live.

https://youtu.be/GRIzBpqfszM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where do you come up with stuff like this from?***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gateway Pundit or Stormfront. Maybe a healthy mix of the 2?***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:27 AM

I doubt he's the stormfront type

Oct 30, 2018, 11:28 AM

But there is this narrative among some people on the right who frequent the more strident right-wing websites that black people are on the verge of "waking up" to conservative truth, and that Donald Trump is the reason for it all.

Here's another good example. This is from tMB, which is full of people like that:

"Wrong, the black community as a whole is starting to realize they are tools of the Dems, the welfare state started by a Texas racist LBJ is a complete failure. Sowells words will be used until the Left’s lies are realized by the majority of blacks and beyond. The Information Age and the total exposure of the MSM as completely in the tank for leftism is changing the political landscape. The Red wave coming in eight days will show a marked increase in the black community moving off the Dem/leftist plantation. Blacks aren’t dumb, they got fooled by a political party that used them for their purposes. There is a huge portion of the black community that has conservative values but were raised to believe that one party was their only choice. Many now know better. There is a huge grassroots movement gaining momentum due to social media and a general distrust of the leftist media. Red wave is coming and many blacks are buying surfboards."

A little truth sprinkled in with unlikely conjecture.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean just a week ago he was hoping for more bombs

Oct 30, 2018, 11:31 AM

and lamenting that the one sent to Soros wasn't bigger and didn't go off.

Wouldn't shock me in the least.

It's tnet, people aren't that serious***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:36 AM

You hope. If there were ever a mass shooting or bombing

Oct 30, 2018, 11:44 AM

and memphis's post history came to light, it wouldn't be all that shocking, would it?

Fringes are becoming normalized.

This seems like a little concern trolling***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:54 AM

I hope I'm wrong and way off base.***

Oct 30, 2018, 12:06 PM

Re: I hope I'm wrong and way off base.***

Oct 30, 2018, 12:09 PM

I thought there was at least a 4% chance he was the pipe bomber, would any here be all that surprised?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gateway Pundit or Stormfront. Maybe a healthy mix of the 2?***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Gateway Pundit or Stormfront. Maybe a healthy mix of the 2?*** ]

Gateway is operated by Steve Brannon and Sebastian Gorka. I sometimes follow links to Gateway.

The Blaze is run by Glenn Beck. He's pretty good.

Stormfront is just a frightening place.

Considering how very few poll results I could find

Oct 30, 2018, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Gateway Pundit or Stormfront. Maybe a healthy mix of the 2?*** ]

other than Rasmussen on the issue, they must be onto something.

Where's CNN, Gallup, NY Times, etc. on this metric? The dearth of nothingness leads me to believe there's an issue here. Found a Wapo poll that put Trump at 3% about a month ago. But just not a lot of poll data on this issue. He won 8% of the black vote in 2016, which is more than twice as much as any other GOP candidate would have received. And Trump even pulled in twice as many black votes as Obama DIDN'T get in 2008. Obama won the black vote with 96%.

Which brings me to another point. Why is the black vote so monolithic in the first place? GWB didn't even get 85% of the evangelical christian vote. No one gets 96% of the atheist vote, the southern baptist vote, the female vote, the male vote, the conservative or liberal vote. Hillary didn't get close to 80% of the female vote. No one even gets 96% of the left-handed Armenian gypsy vote. There is no more solid and monolithic voting block or demographic in existence. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where do you come up with stuff like this from?***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Where do you come up with stuff like this from?*** ]

Do I have to spoon feed you poll data now?? Jesus man, it's searchable on Rasmussens website. I think the more concerning question is, why don't you know this already?

Re: The conservative kiss of death

Oct 30, 2018, 11:18 AM

comments on this are astounding, thanks for the link.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The conservative kiss of death

Oct 30, 2018, 11:25 AM

I believe Trump hit a record high of 50% job approval last week as well.

He didn't. It's cool you believe that though.***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:32 AM

Re: He didn't. It's cool you believe that though.***

Oct 30, 2018, 12:09 PM

According to some polls, he hit 50% in August and last week.

Sorry, your personal opinion doesnt count.

What am I missing here?

Oct 30, 2018, 12:13 PM

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

Re: What am I missing here?

Oct 30, 2018, 1:57 PM

>Calls me a biased liar by implying I'm an idiot
>Posts link from a Leftist biased website with a straw poll that only surveys other Leftists

Oooo! ya got me!

My god you're dumb. Good talk, Russ.***

Oct 30, 2018, 2:20 PM

Rasmussen's poll has hit 50% a few times, including

Oct 30, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to What am I missing here? ]

this week, if you follow through in the link you posted.

One poll hitting 50 in a few dailies does not equate to

Oct 30, 2018, 2:23 PM

"I believe Trump hit a record high of 50% job approval last week as well. "

He believes it does. More power to him.

Re: One poll hitting 50 in a few dailies does not equate to

Oct 30, 2018, 4:35 PM

What I stated is that SOME polls showed Trump hit 50% approval ratings at certain points. I did not say his overall, annual average approval rating is 50%.

YOU assumed that. Told me I was incorrect about something I didnt say, and then proceeded to support your claim by linking a biased, left wing news site with a straw man poll on it to boot.

Also, to call me dumb in the realm of politics.... well, my various political science degrees (one from Clemson) and a few years working for multiple high profile political organizations and a presidential campaign beg to differ.

Enjoy your echo chamber.

I’m glad the admissions standards have improved.

Oct 31, 2018, 8:41 AM

Please explain further what exactly a straw man poll is.

Also RCP is ideologically up there with WSJ and isn’t a left wing news site. Again you’re a moron. Have a nice day.

I wonder if the GOP is taking notes.

Oct 30, 2018, 11:50 AM

I'd wager it's all a cabal right now in Washington. I have no faith in either party. So do most others in America. Hence Trump.

Trump is rocking the economic boat, and the middle class are seeing the benefits. Those in power are seeing red. You can go back over the decades and ask yourself why didn't GWB with a Pub Congress not stop illegal immigration? Why didn't Obamacare become single payer? Why didn't Obama allow more illegals in than he did. Why did the GOP favor NAFTA, for decades. Why didn't Obama increase taxes more? Why has no President ever addressed trade tariffs by other nations on our own goods? Heck, until Trump most people never knew they existed.

I'm telling you the political rancor is all smoke and mirrors. It's the economy stupid, and pubs and dems are in lock step on that. We're at the point they have to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You seem to interpret everything as confirmation...

Oct 30, 2018, 12:02 PM

of what you already think, and to simply dismiss the idea that anybody who does anything you don't like can be principled. You're probably right that most people don't care as much about policy and philosophy differences when the economy is good, but all this stuff about how envy of power is the only reason anybody is "seeing red," and that the only reason for any of the policies you listed was some kind of "cabal" is ridiculous.

Please list the great conservative or liberal victories in

Oct 30, 2018, 12:14 PM

Congress in the past decade.

I'll sit back and listen. My point is the rhetoric is empty because the wallet is empty.

Replies: 26
| visibility 515
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic