Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I mean, in all seriousness, are there any weaknesses on this 2018 football team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

I mean, in all seriousness, are there any weaknesses on this 2018 football team?

Aug 11, 2018, 8:46 AM

If so, what are they? I can’t think of any. Can you ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I mean, in all seriousness, are there any weaknesses on this 2018 football team?

Aug 11, 2018, 8:48 AM

12th game of the regular season is pretty lame. Other than that, everything else looks strong.

Re: I mean, in all seriousness, are there any weaknesses on this 2018 football team?

Aug 11, 2018, 8:52 AM

I think everyone is giddy right now, and just waiting for the season to start. Weaknesses, if any, will need to be discovered by opposing DC's. You're not an opposing DC are you? If so, we're not saying anything to help you.

JK - we're good. No weaknesses.

We have a glaring lack of game experience on the

Aug 11, 2018, 9:00 AM

4th string OL. Other than that I think we are fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have a glaring lack of game experience on the

Aug 11, 2018, 9:07 AM

I’m not a dc I’m just a fan and alumni, I was just wondering on some input from fellow Tigers if you saw anything that concerned you cuz I don’t either.

I don’t buy that you’re not a troll. But I will say this.

Aug 11, 2018, 9:11 AM

We are gonna be good and deep. But like another poster mentioned everyone else is working to get better too so it will be interesting to see how FSU progresses and then Alabama just puts new names in the same five star positions

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most has been mentioned multiple times but dB first string

Aug 11, 2018, 9:20 AM

Is going to be ridiculous if they stay healthy. Depth at dB is concern though we have some tremendously athletic freshmen that hopefully get some good playing time and will be playing like sophomores by November. The qb situation is going to be interesting to watch. Barring injuries our dL, linebackers, wrs, and rbs, are gonna be ridiculous. Our ol I will be anxious to see how we match up with the big uglies at the end of the year they shouldn’t struggle early

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Message was edited by: lovingit®

no,there are also none at GA. & Ala. that I see***

Aug 11, 2018, 9:02 AM

Special teams until proven otherwise.

Aug 11, 2018, 9:03 AM

I think we have the pieces this year to make some strides on ST but we've been consistently terrible in special teams efficiency for years now.

Also some depth issues at places like secondary and possibly OL.

Other than that, not really.

too many coot trolls on fanboards***

Aug 11, 2018, 9:04 AM

Secondary depth.***

Aug 11, 2018, 9:05 AM

Aug 11, 2018, 9:10 AM

I would like to see better all around kicking.
Punts, kickoffs and FGs.
Also the last few years we have not had much of a return game on kickoffs or punts.
On D the only problem we have had recently is giving up a big play just about every game.
I just hope with the talent we have we look like a well oiled machine this season.

Aug 11, 2018, 9:26 AM

The right side of our OL is not proven.
RBs need to improve pass pro
We don't know how PR will be tho Rodgers is gonna be great imo.
A little thin at DB.
Huegel coming back from surgery is a ? tho Spence was pretty solid.
We need our tEs to step up.

Aug 11, 2018, 9:32 AM

Safety and maybe QB

An injury to KB is a serious problem

Aug 11, 2018, 9:35 AM

Regardless of talent and potential, experience is missing at QB.

Re: An injury to KB is a serious problem

Aug 11, 2018, 9:58 AM

Nah, all 3 QBs can navigate our regular season schedule.
By Championship time all 3 will have game experience.

Aug 11, 2018, 10:20 AM

Weaknesses is thinking we have no weaknesses. Play like the world is at our neck at all times and we will dominate. Also that Trevor don't already have the playbook memorized or there would be no questions at QB and I love Kelly B....LEGGO!!......GO TIGERS!!

May not be popular but....

Aug 11, 2018, 10:28 AM

In the idea of being realistic there is one area that will have to be proven in games and it involes KB. It is the ability to streatch the field vertically and until it is shown in games then yes it is a weakness. Given last year and the SG as a body of evidence you gotta have some trepidation when it comes to getting yards by the bunch with the downfield passing game.

Aug 11, 2018, 11:44 AM

Absolutelty!

3 of the cheerleaders could lose a pound or two in the hippage area...

Other than that, naw.

Maybe KO return???

Aug 11, 2018, 11:49 AM

Strong team and depth for sure. I would like to see more threats on KO returns. Lots of weapons back there but I haven’t had that Spiller take it to the house on every KO excitement since then. The rule changes have affected that no doubt BUT I want to have that threat for real again.

Aug 11, 2018, 11:52 AM

I know a lot has been said about how people are worried about our secondary and the depth in particular, but I'm more worried about linebacker. We have two guys who can really run and play effectively against the elite teams, and that's Lamar and Joseph.

If our secondary depth was such a big issue, I don't think we would have ever moved Isiah Simmons to an outside linebacker position.

Simmons is a good fit for DO'Ds spot...

Aug 12, 2018, 6:21 AM

I thought he was better than Muse at S, but both of them playing is probably best considering the lack of experience back there.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2018, 4:13 PM

It's hard to see any now, but a fee injuries in the secondary could have us counting on true freshmen.

I was glad to read that CBV has them doubling up on skel drills to maximize the reps each guy gets.

Aug 11, 2018, 4:15 PM

It's hard to see any now, but a few injuries in the secondary could have us counting on true freshmen.

I was glad to read that CBV has them doubling up on skel drills to maximize the reps each guy gets.

yep..they havent played anybody.***

Aug 11, 2018, 7:59 PM

GoTiguhs!!

Them believing their own press is the only thing we have

Aug 12, 2018, 12:25 AM

to worry about. Hopefully Dabo will take care of that.

Secondary depth.

Aug 12, 2018, 6:20 AM

A couple of injuries there could mean shootouts, but a DL like ours can cover a lot of holes behind them so I'm not overly concerned.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll find out with our first road game at TAMU. Hope we...

Aug 12, 2018, 9:46 AM

beat them like a rented mule!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Aug 12, 2018, 10:50 AM

DB depth comes to mind. We also need to find a TE who is a threat in the passing game.

Aug 12, 2018, 10:50 AM

DB depth comes to mind. We also need to find a TE who is a threat in the passing game.

Aug 12, 2018, 11:07 AM

If so, what are they? I can’t think of any. Can you ?

Average Oline. Thin secondary would become a weakness with a major injury. Average at one lineback position. No elite tight end. Trevor Lawrence hasn’t played in a real game; based off last year we are one dimensional on offense. Our punting game was average.

Worst case scenario—we go 10-3. Best case—win it all.

Well, our OL was manhandled by Alabama last year.

Aug 12, 2018, 11:15 AM

What makes you think they will be better this year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Long ways to go to get through a physical camp yet. Some

Aug 12, 2018, 11:24 AM

players, like Galloway, are still unable to practice. With his injury history over the past year plus, we really don't know whether he will play or red-shirt this year. Praying that we keep the injuries to a minimum, and the punting team off the field this year. You are right, though, there is an abundance to be excited about.

Aug 12, 2018, 11:29 AM

I don’t know about weaknesses, but I hope the are humble, practice and play like it’s their final game. We have some really good young men on this team and some really special leaders. Their is stiff competition, but they all support each other and buy in

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 12, 2018, 11:29 AM

I don’t know about weaknesses, but I hope the are humble, practice and play like it’s their final game. We have some really good young men on this team and some really special leaders. Their is stiff competition, but they all support each other and buy in

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 12, 2018, 11:51 AM

Depending on who starts qb, our offensive attack will be the weakness

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic