Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
L'Ville = Syracuse More Than Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,332

L'Ville = Syracuse More Than Clemson

Sep 16, 2017, 11:18 AM

Go back 12 years and Loiusville had less of a program and tradition than Syracuse. They are trying hard but other than some questionable decisions and selling out by Administration which have bolstered facilities and football wins, they are actually still much more Syracuse's equal in athletics than Clemson. Not to mention Syracuse is better academically by far.

The Ville is a pretender (or newcomer) when it comes to big time football. Was at the game 2 years ago. Big blackout night. Stadium (like many now) was manufactured excitement not true love of the team. It was 1/3 empty in a one-score game with 6 minutes left. My Louisville buddy (long time season ticket holder) was embarrassed by the lackluster commitment by their fans. Said they still need to learn Howe to be fans in a big time environment.

City school with a fairly ugly campus. For gods sake they were in the Metro not that long ago. Were in Conf USA just ~12 years ago. Front running fans on a roll with a superstar so they're increasing capacity to ~65,000.

Bottom line....No matter what happens short term, they're good for the ACC but nothing for Clemson fans to fear long-term. They are not a formidable rival and they should not be treated like Fla State.

(As a qualifier for spewing this opinion I grew up and still am a 'Cuse fan. I stil root for them against all others except the Tigers. I have been to games all over the SEC and the East, not to mention 100+ Cuse games 20 Clemson (I'm a newcomer - both my girls attend Clemson) games and a handful of Ville games. Love the city of Louisville and the people there.)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: L'Ville = Syracuse More Than Clemson

Sep 16, 2017, 11:29 AM

By the way. For those that like to trash Syracuse and Pitt being in the ACC football, Cuse and Pitt have strong football traditions.

More NFL HOFrs (16 or 8 each)than Clemson amd Louisville combined Louisville (1).

it's a different day and time, but the tradition is indisputable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2017, 12:11 PM

Hey Pitt fan, the game is on tv! Pitt just gave up an OK St TD in 5 plays.

Nice crowd there. Maybe 10,000?

Syracuse and Pitt. Great additions

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chirp.***

Sep 16, 2017, 12:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I mean, Harvard used to be a powerhouse

Sep 16, 2017, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: L'Ville = Syracuse More Than Clemson ]

But nobody cares, many years later.

Doesn't really matter that Syracuse was good in a completely different era.

Sep 16, 2017, 12:20 PM

Spot on. Louisville has been and will be a middle of the road program. Petrino will be gone soon and they'll be back to 15,000 empty seats. Their inferiority complex is all time.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,332
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic