Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I may be one of the few people
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,361

I may be one of the few people

Nov 22, 2012, 10:17 AM

Who truly hope the ACC can find a way to stay intact and survive thru all this realignment crap. I know it doesn't show much this year top to bottom, but I truly believe that this conference as is, has the pieces in place to be one of, if not the best all around conference in the country! Imagine if Clemson, FSU, Miami, and VaTech all play up to their potential. Not to mention Georgia tech, North Carolina, NC State and Pittsburgh all can be great programs as well. Then basketball, yeah we already got that locked. Baseball, again one of the best. I know we've fell on some rough times lately. All I'm saying is it really time to throw in the towel just yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I may be one of the few people

Nov 22, 2012, 10:22 AM

You ain't the only one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Nov 22, 2012, 10:23 AM

with new leadership I could see it and football schools. if Swoff stays let it die

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2012, 10:38 AM

I pray that there can be a way to save the acc. I only care about Clemson, and Clemson represents the acc. And our Pres and B O T's will not make a move until the acc has collapsed.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are probably right...just hoping we don't go down with

Nov 22, 2012, 11:45 AM

the ship

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep the ACC, ditch Swofford!

Nov 22, 2012, 10:53 AM

How does this guy keep his job?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep the ACC, ditch Swofford!

Nov 22, 2012, 12:30 PM

He keeps his job because the power of the ACC resides in Chapel Hill where football is a necessary evil. Basketball is king as evidenced by the stadium size of the NC members . Also, how can he ( and the NCAA ) continue to ignore the apparent academic fraud at UNC?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep the ACC, ditch Swofford!

Nov 22, 2012, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Keep the ACC, ditch Swofford! ]

UNC!!!! that is all

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC, as a league, must develop new methods for

Nov 22, 2012, 12:21 PM

reaching out to all its members to encourage efforts to develop athletic programs. Some schools are more oriented to football, some to basketball or other sports, but there must be renewed efforts toward those programs. Look at Pittsburgh, for example...the holder of several past national football championships; located in a large city that has experienced tremendous renewal; playing in the same stadium, Heinz Field, where the Steelers, also, play; a large student enrollment. Although they face competition for sports dollars from the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates, Pittsburgh folks are among the most rabid and loyal fans of good sports in the nation. There is no reason the conference shouldn't encourage and support efforts by the school toward its football program...nor should Pitt not make the same efforts with its new membership.

The persistent problem, I suggest, is the lack of forceful, imaginative leadership within the ACC, beginning with the Commissioner. Why was Maryland's departure such a surprise? Why wasn't the ACC and the other member schools involved enough with one of the ACC's charter members to know of its problems and find the means for resolution prior to its departure? Why doesn't Swofford understand that the football-oriented members must be strongly supported with further expansion in that direction? And so on and so on....

The point is, if we are to remain committed to the conference, then we certainly must demand more of its leadership. We must, also, insure that we protect our own interests even to the point of asserting our own leadership. Thus, our own leaders must step forward and grab the proverbial bull by the horns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC, as a league, must develop new methods for

Nov 22, 2012, 12:37 PM

great post.. the simple truth is that until swoffie and barker go there is no hope for the ACC or Clemson!!

Although many folks are ambivalent about Maryland's

Nov 22, 2012, 1:06 PM

defection, I was stunned and appalled that one of the ACC's charter members believed that greener pastures lay elsewhere. Only time will tell whether or not MD made the correct decision. Although suffering for various reasons, Maryland stood by Clemson in several instances, and I hated to see them leave. My question is: what did the ACC do and what, if anything, could it have done to assist MD? If the Commissioner is performing properly, then I believe he should be well-attuned to the needs of the members...and then be extremely proactive working with the members toward resolution of difficulties. The loss of MD is in my opinion a direct slap against the performance of the Commissioner.

Nov 22, 2012, 12:35 PM

your wishes and hopes are good.the facts are that as long as swoffie is in place and UNC rules the ACC it will only get worse..the aCC simply can not last like it is and I have not seen anything that leads me to think improvements are coming!what is worse is that our admin and BOT are leading the change to try to keep the ACC going when we should be getting rid of barker and swoffie!!

Nov 22, 2012, 1:16 PM

Meaning: less fans will be able to travel the greater distances...and no immediate rivalries like GT, FSU if they don't join the same conference. Geez...but I am tired of our not being recognized as a football school in a basketball conference, not making the money SC & others are making, having to play wimps like WF, Duke, etc.

Maybe Louisville coming in...with ND in fully later...and maybe Navy too would add some spice & recognition to the ACC.

GoTiGERs....beat the #####!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Clemson Son thinks BiG12 games too far & no rivalries

Nov 22, 2012, 1:17 PM

**Please read my above post to see what I said under this heading (lost my heading when I made corrections! Hate that).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,361
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic