Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I may be in the minority but I think this is a good move...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I may be in the minority but I think this is a good move...

Sep 12, 2012, 10:45 AM

for the ACC and its image provided the deal includes a provision that Notre Dame will ultimately become a full member in all sports. Utlimately being defined as within the next five years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I would presume there is a longer term plan in place to move

Sep 12, 2012, 10:48 AM

football into the conference too. I don't know the particulars, but ND likely has to have their NBC contract run out. At that point the ACC may join ND on NBC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Who is going to buyout the Raycom/ESPiN contract?***

Sep 12, 2012, 12:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^truth^^^^^***

Sep 12, 2012, 10:48 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I may be in the minority but I think this is a good move...

Sep 12, 2012, 10:49 AM

I dont because you have raised the exit fee for members. they have no such fee. they are a free rider. also what are they contributing $ wise? and lastly will their fb games count as conf games or have we gone from 9 to 10 required games for those who get the honor of playing a game against ND in a given year. where will said games be? South Bend I'm sure

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2012, 11:37 AM

How do you figure that? I'm sure the buyout applies to them, as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Yuuuuuup

Sep 12, 2012, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Great move by the ACC.***

Sep 12, 2012, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If...IF...there is a provision requiring them to become

Sep 12, 2012, 10:51 AM

a full member in all sports in 3-5 years, then I'm all for this move. However, no such clause has been mentioned in any of the quotes, press releases, or news articles so far. Given that it was probably the first question to come out of any good reporter's mouth, it's probably safe to say that either said provision doesn't exist, or they're keeping it very secret.

What does common sense tell you is more likely?

Sep 12, 2012, 10:55 AM

Notre Dame stays at 5 ACC opponents per year or they become full members in the future?

Common sense told us that the Big 12 talk was bullshite. Look what happened.

People are thinking with their butts on this stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I think that is looking for a silver lining on a

Sep 12, 2012, 10:52 AM

black cloud, at the leading edge of a hurricane

I hope you are right, but this falls in line with recent ACC decisions of Pitt and Syracuse.

It looks desperate by the ACC.

And what happens if we are required to go to South Bend and we have an unbalanced away ACC schedule that year, 5 home games????

It's more than a good deal, it's fantastic!

Sep 12, 2012, 10:53 AM

Gonna bring more $, more exposure, and make our conference stronger and more solidified. No one is leaving now!

Re: It's more than a good deal, it's fantastic!

Sep 12, 2012, 10:56 AM

Stronger in what? Baseball? Basketbell?...or wait, maybe lacross.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In that sense I'm talking about in a conference as a whole

Sep 12, 2012, 10:58 AM

Meaning a conference where we don't have to worry about teams coming and going and how the landscape changing might affect us. Our schools have a strong commitment and we don't need to worry about being poached.

Sep 12, 2012, 10:54 AM

I really can't believe anybody thinks this was a good idea! Why would ND allow that provision? They already have your money now.

I think some may be overlooking the muscle NBC wants to flex over Notre Dame in this move and future TV contracts.

or perhaps....

Sep 12, 2012, 11:20 AM

the ACC can use Notre Dame and NBC as leverage to enhance its bargaining position with E$ecPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: or perhaps....

Sep 12, 2012, 11:44 AM

or pehaps...ND is the one that just gained leverage over NBC with Clemson, or FSU, Miami, or UNC coming to town on a yearly basis. Then they can renew their contract with them as an independant.

I just dont see them joining as a full member and that is the only way this deal is any good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

agree biggie.***

Sep 12, 2012, 10:57 AM

But it doesn't, does it? It just means ND can't join

Sep 12, 2012, 11:39 AM

another conference in football until the contract runs out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With your provision, it's a great deal. Without it, it

Sep 12, 2012, 11:39 AM

appears to be garbage.

But of course, we have to see how the numbers all shake out.

null

I think they'll be partial qualifiers for the money too.

Sep 12, 2012, 12:14 PM

They can't just drop their current scheduled BB games without penalty or their NBC contract without a big payout.

I'm with you on this. This may work out for they certainly bring a lot of eyes to the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, IF ND joins after their NBC contract expires.***

Sep 12, 2012, 2:51 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic