Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I may be completely wrong but last night sealed Dabo's fate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I may be completely wrong but last night sealed Dabo's fate

Jan 12, 2016, 9:00 PM

He will retire a Clemson Tiger. I really believe the loss to his old school has dramatically increased the chances that Dabo will be a Tiger for life and not leave if Alabama ever comes calling. For what it's worth I have never thought he would leave us for his alma mater but I believe that is truer now than ever before. The sting, hurt and disappointment Dabo feels from this loss and his resolve to bring championships to Clemson has to have the effect of reinforcing that Bama is his past and Clemson is his present and future. How could playing like this team did but ultimately losing to his alma mater not been the equivalent of severing any umbilical cord that may have still existed between Dabo and Alabama. This is his baby, pride and joy. He is a fighter that bleeds orange now and his family was shedding orange tears. Clemson is his home and he wants to make us greater than anything we ever could have dreamed and he knows that he can do it his way, on his terms and in his own unique style. Dabo is a Clemson man and his program from this point forward needs no introduction.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said...

Jan 12, 2016, 9:03 PM

I hope you are right. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said...

Jan 12, 2016, 9:34 PM

absolutely!! very well said!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I may be completely wrong but last night sealed Dabo's fate

Jan 12, 2016, 9:03 PM

He has built Clemson into the elite status of college football .
He ain't going anywhere , this is his program and he will continue until forced out or retirement ...or , well ...ya know .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

EXCELLENT INSIGHT

Jan 12, 2016, 9:04 PM

Not to mention Clemson is home now. His boys have known nothing else and they want to be nothing but Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Spot on!***

Jan 12, 2016, 9:18 PM

Jan 12, 2016, 10:30 PM

Hope you are right. And to all a good night.

Re: I have to respectfully disagree.....

Jan 12, 2016, 10:31 PM

Dabo is a Bama boy. He would jump at the chance to coach at Bama.

ROLL TIDE!!!

You're a coot and your own don't even want to

Jan 12, 2016, 11:08 PM

come back. See Michigan State.

Hey Gump, are you lost?***

Jan 12, 2016, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to respectfully disagree..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

that was an insult to Forest Gump..he is more like

Jan 13, 2016, 12:01 AM

Phyllis....big mouth with nothing to say

keep thinking that...

Jan 12, 2016, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to respectfully disagree..... ]

he has no intentions to go to bama. Why would he? He has built his own legacy right here and it is HIS. No way in hell would he want to be a shadow legacy at bama.

His kids are happy, his wife is happy, but most of all Clemson is happy with them and Dabo

The worse thing a good coach could do is to take a job that was held by another legacy. That is coaching suicide at its best.

Unless he is fired, he will be at Clemson until his retirement. You do realize he took a pay cut to come to Clemson?

So, you see, it is not about the money to him and his family (although he isn't sitting on the side of the road with a sign..will work for food....he helping feed those people).

He does not want to build on someone else's resume, he has his own. You bama people think any coach in the world would stop dead in their tracks to come there...and you are soooooo wrong

Re: keep thinking that...

Jan 13, 2016, 12:33 AM

Home is never as sweet as the memories we hold dear, often many return to find that what they missed were those days more than the location and those days are lost to all of us forever. Enjoy these days and the gifts they bring. Dabo is a Tiger now and his family has a home here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 10:41 PM

What so many people forget is Dabo's allegiance lies with God first, family second, and football third. His kids go to Daniel and RC Edwards and the whole family is very rooted in to the Clemson environment and social networks. It's so much more than money with Dabo. Even if Bama told him they would pay him $1M more than Clemson, there is no guarantee he leaves. Dabo loves Bama, but Clemson gave him his shot and guess what... he loves Clemson too! Clemson is where he is raising his family. Clemson is where his kids have all their friends. Clemson is now his home and he is one of the most loyal people I've ever met. Yes I know him personally. He is building his legacy right now and doesn't have to worry about being compared to a Saben, or a Stallings, or a Bryant. Two of those happen to be arguably the best two coaches in college football history. That's a tough act to follow. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I have a hard time believing Dabo leaves for Bama as soon as Saben leaves.

Fantastic post BT. I believe you are bullseye on the

Jan 12, 2016, 10:45 PM

post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't underestimate the "power of the dark side"...

Jan 12, 2016, 11:17 PM

...of the force. It has swayed many a Sith.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Jan 13, 2016, 7:05 AM

Absolutely ! Danny Ford knows it is great place to live!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic