Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Wide Receiver U: Clemson added more star power with 2016 recruiting class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Wide Receiver U: Clemson added more star power with 2016 recruiting class

Feb 12, 2016, 4:09 PM

Wide Receiver U: Clemson added more star power with 2016 recruiting class

Clemson is known in many circles as Wide Receiver U, a name that will likely stick with the program after the Tigers signed three more big-time receivers in 2016. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Wide Receiver U: Clemson added more star power with 2016 recruiting class

Feb 12, 2016, 4:19 PM

I'm salivating. Too deep is much deeper now

I'd love to see the board

Feb 12, 2016, 4:26 PM

I would really like to see the board where the staff puts their top guys in order. I think Dabo is being 100% honest when he says theae were their top 3. It would be interesting to see who else they had on the board and in what order. I'd live to see the board at other positions as well. I think we got our top 1 at QB, RB and our top 2 at LB. I think we got our #1 or #2 at DT and maybe #1 at DE with Kelly.

It would be interesting to know who the top guys were, for our staff, at each position and which guys they put the priority tag on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody got any idea

Feb 12, 2016, 4:29 PM

of who the top target at CB was? How bout TE, S, OL?

cu took one te so that might narrow it down some...

Feb 12, 2016, 4:31 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody got any idea

Feb 12, 2016, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Anybody got any idea ]

Well I guess you do know that the CB had to come in late. I mean Dabo did say that they had to scramble to pick up what we got, their top choice, who knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd love to see the board

Feb 12, 2016, 9:36 PM [ in reply to I'd love to see the board ]

i know venables said he considered kelly the #1 DE in the country (prolly not including gary as a DE) & i personally trust venables player analysis way more than any recruiting site...

I think the starting OL will be fine, not sure bout depth...

Feb 13, 2016, 10:01 AM [ in reply to I'd love to see the board ]

The starters look to be:

RT: Fruhmorgen
RG: Crowder
C: Guillermo
LG: Morris(?)
LT: Hyatt

If Maverick is not starting, he's probably a guy that can rotate in frequently in multiple OL positions (jack of all trades OL).

Not sure about the depth. Curious about Justin Falcinelli, and Noah Green. I think those may be the next in line guys possibly behind Morris, maybe ahead. As for the others, not sure about redshirted Freshmen / Sophomores. What do we know about Penner? He avoided RS, is he in the mix at all?

Re: New Story: Wide Receiver U: Clemson added more star power with 2016 recruiting class

Feb 12, 2016, 4:43 PM

No mention of Adam Humphries...

Feb 12, 2016, 6:40 PM

So what he is saying is that the recruiting services don't know how to rank a WR. Mike Williams, Powell, and Overton should all have been top 5 at their position in their class.

I love this wr class.**

Feb 12, 2016, 6:56 PM

nm

Feb 12, 2016, 9:05 PM

I watched Overton and Powell play. ??Man are we in for some exciting games ahead. Very impressed with Powell! He will be a great kick off and punt return man also!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2016, 9:43 PM

Shocked to read that Overton is 200 lbs. I met him the other day at a Sporting Goods store where I work part time in Greensboro and he doesn't look nearly that big. Very nice kid and genuinely excited to be a Clemson Tiger.

Chase - best opportunity for early PT on Defense?

Feb 12, 2016, 10:20 PM

Dabo made it a point to highlight Chase's defensive prowess. Probably not by accident? WR depth is stacked for at least nest season.

What do T-Netters see in terms of Chase's ability to help at CB or S? What do T-Netters see in terms of all these guys redshirting in 2016? WR looks like by far the deepest position on team which is not a bad problem to have. We need some DB's which for some ballers with talent can provide the surest path to the NFL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cornell Powell looks ripped in that picture

Feb 13, 2016, 12:16 AM

He must of had a really good strength & conditioning program at his highschool. I know Overton said he was looking for early playing time but with the current WRs we have i think it would be best for him to RS & work on gaining weight/muscle. Regardless, both of them will be stars at Clemson along with Chase, can't wait to see these guys play.

This will be another season of people thinking CU is top heavy

Feb 13, 2016, 9:48 AM

On the offensive side and thin and fragile on the defensive side but as long as we have BV he will make sure that we are just as good as weve been the last 2 yrs. We will be another powerhouse this season on both sides. The only difference will be that with the equal talent/experience on the D line & secondary we will have less blown plays because we will have fresh feet and hands in the game with the rotation that we will have now. What im more worried about is our O line and protecting the heart of our offense. Hope we can replace Gore and Mac with suitable replacements that will protect DW! 15in16 ALLIN

I think the OL will be better...

Feb 13, 2016, 9:53 AM

Hyatt will have another year in the weight room, will have matured, and will have the experience. He was already solid. I bet he is great next year. I think Jake with replace Gore and we won't miss a beat. We just have to stay healthy. Mac may be kind of tough to replace. Who replaces him? Mav Morris?

Re: I think the OL will be better...

Feb 13, 2016, 12:39 PM

watched Morris everytime he got in. This guy is a steamroller.

Re: I think the OL will be better...

Feb 14, 2016, 12:48 PM

Big ol Boy no doubt. By the time he is a Senior he will have been schooled up and be nasty.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic