Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Shafer on playing a game in Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

FB Update: Shafer on playing a game in Death Valley

Oct 22, 2014, 9:26 AM

Shafer on playing a game in Death Valley

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love it when you tell that a coach has no hope of winning,

Oct 22, 2014, 9:33 AM

as much by what they don't say as what they do.

Re: I love it when you tell that a coach has no hope of winning,

Oct 22, 2014, 9:41 AM

The problem is that if he said things that showed real hope of winning, many opposing fans would rip his conviction. Its a no-win situation.

PS. The players fully expect to compete with a real shot in the 4th quarter Saturday night. Vegas isn't laughing at the game either.

Yeah he's playing it exactly as he should, last year he got

Oct 22, 2014, 9:55 AM

a little to confident and it resulted in an #### beating. Nc st talked pretty big before coming in as well, you don't talk big going into a hostile environment and you're a pretty big underdog. If you do you better have the team to do something about it because neither the fans or the team is going to half #### it and overlook you.

Re: I love it when you tell that a coach has no hope of winning,

Oct 22, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I love it when you tell that a coach has no hope of winning, ]

You're right and he countered with some intelligent coach speak, I think he learned from his counterpart Petrino :)

Re: The players should "...expect to compete."

Oct 22, 2014, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I love it when you tell that a coach has no hope of winning, ]

After all, they are on scholarship, too. I would be worried if any player on any team said anything different. Saying you expect to compete, and actually competing on Saturday night, are two completely different animals. With that being said, best of luck to you and the Orange. I hope that Syracuse fans have the same comments on the Clemson experience that Louisville fans did. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not how this works Scottie...

Oct 22, 2014, 9:34 AM

You are supposed to say something derogatory, then we release hell's fury on you.

Well, we're going to that anyway based on your tirade from last year.

Somebody Learned a Lesson From Bobby Petrino's

Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM

Mistake, Next Thing You Know He Will Be Saying How His Players Love Grits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Somebody Learned a Lesson From Bobby Petrino's

Oct 22, 2014, 9:42 AM

Good one! He has put on the "humble pie" rhetoric.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Shafer on playing a game in Death Valley

Oct 22, 2014, 9:41 AM

You know, I joined in with all the Tiger fans who took exception to his sideline expression last year, but I do like his firey demeanor. He is passionate about his job and his team, and I'm sure his players feed off of it. They were badly out manned last year, and I think it'll be more of the same this year. Still, I like his aggressive passion for the game. It probably is more fitting for an assistant, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2014, 9:43 AM

what a great post. His demeanor would be great for an assistant. I sit right behind him at home games, and I think he just gets too fired up for a the head man. He already has one unsportsmanlike penalty on himself this year. In person, he's a gentle dude. So strange.

Oct 22, 2014, 9:50 AM

Oh , you're the one in the stands???

maybe the loud one?***

Oct 22, 2014, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 22, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Shafer on playing a game in Death Valley ]

Hahaha. Touché

Oct 23, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Shafer on playing a game in Death Valley ]

Now that gave me a chuckle. Nice play! +1

Oct 22, 2014, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Shafer on playing a game in Death Valley ]

Wonder if we need to let him borrow BV's "Get back on the sideline" guy...or if the Pigskin Prophet will find a new job for this game....lol

Well, at least he's smarter than the Wuffie coach ...

Oct 22, 2014, 9:49 AM

....who said "We can score on anyone" before getting shut out. And he's smarter than Petrino, by a d@mn sight.

If Dabo has given him a pass on that bit of emotion last year, who am I to do otherwise?

That said, I still anticipate making quarterback fritters out of the freshman they have back there this weekend.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2014, 9:57 AM

We need to be so loud they want to climb under the field show them what loud truly is.

Oct 22, 2014, 10:53 AM

I am super worried about this game. We must remember to be aggressive in the first half. And I am sure if we can keep it close, focus on key stops in the defense, and shoot the jumper well, we may....oh wait, this is us versus the Syracuse football team....yeah, they got no shot....I mean our home environment at Death Valley is no Carrier Dome but I think we will manage!

#AllIn.
#GoTigers

Hey Coach...it's not any louder than during Louisville's 1st

Oct 22, 2014, 1:17 PM

third down in your game in the dome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2014, 5:00 PM

This article is a perfect example of why you should not judge an article by its headline. I fully expected shaders quotes to read "I am fn pumped about playing in Death Valley. They are a fn good team and fn well coached. Dabo is a MFN good fn coach and I respect the f out of him. F yeah our MFN team will have to play fn lights out to beat those mfrs"

Triton tiger...that mock f bomb laced coachism made me feel like I was back

Oct 22, 2014, 7:46 PM

On camp pendleton where "f" can take on all parts of speech and might do so all in one sentence.

Message was edited by: Btwiceborn®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic