Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love it...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I love it...

Mar 16, 2013, 7:51 PM

5 runs in 3 innings, man on 3rd with 1 out, infield in, and we send him home on a ball hit to first????? More stupid outs on the bases. Then we get thrown out at 2nd to end the inning so we lead of with 8 and 9 next inning. I like trying to get into scoring position with 2 outs so we need 1 hit instead of 2 to score, but try to turn the line-up over first. That wasnt the right time to be agressive on the bases. The guys pitch count is up, but we help out by making outs on the bases. We continue to score runs INSPITE of Leggett, not bc of him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love it...

Mar 16, 2013, 7:59 PM

Just don't say anything if you are going to bash our coaches. It is morons like you that embarrass all of us as clemson fans.

We got us one with mother issues***

Mar 16, 2013, 8:00 PM

Sorry I'm intellegent enough to know our coach is one of the

Mar 16, 2013, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I love it... ]

worst base coaches in the game.

*intelligent***

Mar 16, 2013, 8:01 PM

lol.***

Mar 16, 2013, 9:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

So, why has he won so many?

Mar 16, 2013, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Sorry I'm intellegent enough to know our coach is one of the ]

Why not just pull for the Tigers? If we win isn't that good? GOOD.

You know good because we win.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1,224 wins–694 loses–1 tie through 2012

Mar 16, 2013, 8:07 PM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We havent won anything yet. We saw last night that making

Mar 16, 2013, 8:08 PM [ in reply to So, why has he won so many? ]

silly outs on the bases can cost you in the 9th. The difference in the game last night was getting a runner gunned out at home with just 1 out then allowing a righty sidearmer to face two lefties when we had a lefty warm in the pen.

We've been loaded with talent for so long that we overcame his coaching on the bases. Someone got gunned otu at home, D'Alessio, Baker, Green, etc. just hit a 2-run bomb to make up for it. With these new bats few teams have that luxury now. Coaching has been put under a microscope now bc of that.

But if we do win . . . it dosen't count for you?***

Mar 16, 2013, 8:10 PM

Winning absolutely counts...

Mar 16, 2013, 8:13 PM

but that doesnt mean that making all these outs on the bases is okay. Leggett does well in practice with drills, mechanics, etc. What kills me is his base coaching. His decision to be too agressive on the bases and bunt as often as he does at times costs us more games than it wins. If he honestly just stood at 3rd and let us hit and not take chances on the bases, we would win just as many games as we do now every year if not more.

O'kay. I'm just pulling for our boys to beat a team we have

Mar 16, 2013, 8:15 PM

not beat much in the last 5 years. IMHO we are a young team and a win like this would be a plus for our team and the progress of our program. 2 out of 3 would be a great series for the Tigers.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pulling for them too, very hard. Thats why it...

Mar 16, 2013, 8:20 PM

bothers me we do well at the plate only to have Leggett kill our offense the way he does at time. Last night was on him, as was Sundays finale at NCST when we got 3 men gunned down at either 3rd or home that wouldve scored based on what the next hitter did. We are clearly young, and not very good at the plate. Thats why when we do hit well, we've got to take advantage and win those games.

How many times are you on the board when the Tigers WIN

Mar 16, 2013, 9:14 PM

and congratulating the players and coaches? Bet you were nowhere to be found after the 2 victories over NCState, just moaning and groaning about the loss. Right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Havent been on this board in forever. Didnt get on here...

Mar 16, 2013, 9:25 PM

when we lost 2 of 3 to USuC, or lost 10 of 11 in BB to finish the season. Just got on here last night after the game to vent and then on here some today. I dont spend all my time on here like some people.

Re: I love it...

Mar 16, 2013, 8:02 PM

And 1st of all jack didn't send him if you watched the replay and 2ndof all the ball was hit to second. At least know what your talking about if you are going to run your mouth.

The ball was hit to the 2nd baseman in the area of 1st base.

Mar 16, 2013, 8:03 PM

Same difference. You dont go on a ball in that area, especially when the infield is pulled in. Also, the runner took off immediately. That is usually predetermined before the ball is hit bc you dont want to have to tell your runner to go or stay. Pretty basic baseball.

Re: The ball was hit to the 2nd baseman in the area of 1st base.

Mar 16, 2013, 8:05 PM

Well maybe you should apply for the coaching job! You seem to know much more than coach leggett!

Not as big on bunting as Leggett, but I like the call to...

Mar 16, 2013, 8:05 PM

move Brittle over there.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic