Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love hearing all the media maroons scream "Hypocrite"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I love hearing all the media maroons scream "Hypocrite"

Feb 23, 2018, 9:47 PM

at the NCAA----and Emert and his cronies--as well as a bunch of Div 1 coaches--- ARE hypocrites if they for one second pretend they didn't know what was going on

But the reason the money expanded exponentially is because of ESPN, Fox, CBS, ABC, Disney, etc, etc. and its the zillion dollars they pump into the situation from professional sports all the way down to the high school sports that are all over tv these days.....

Coaches might be making zillions, the NCAA is certainly reaping high rewards, but NOBODY makes money off college sports like the media---primarily television.

And, of course, its goobers like us who give ESPN and Fox and Yahoo our hard earned shekels.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to find people to accept responsibility when things

Feb 23, 2018, 10:26 PM

go wrong, initial reaction is to distance themselves.

Clemson and Coach Brad doing so, as well they should. It's a shame it reached so far, but what's next?

Hopefully with some time, emotions give way to answers and people stop fighting for the higher ground, as that is what seems to be the usual knee jerk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hard to find people to accept responsibility when things

Feb 24, 2018, 6:37 AM

There will be all sorts of collateral 'noise' to insulate the truly guilty programs and their HOF coaches. Laying this at the feet of advertising dollars from media and sponsors is pure baloney. Acting responsibly and professionally isn't tied to the industry or compensation...it's linked to character and university culture. It exists...or it doesn't.

If dissolving the NCAA is an end result of this, I'll be happy. That institution as much as any other has brought this debacle to the nation's doorsteps. The pretense of punishment while acting 'powerless' on other issues is pure comedy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hard to find people to accept responsibility when things

Feb 24, 2018, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Hard to find people to accept responsibility when things ]

I have done absolutely nothing and have never . I don't even know those losers .

My attorney Shmooly Fienbaumstein is available to further substantiate my iron clad denial .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

it's only 20-25 schools. Hundreds did not cheat

Feb 24, 2018, 7:05 AM

and some of the 20-25 schools might not have known about it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's only 20-25 schools. Hundreds did not cheat

Feb 24, 2018, 7:10 AM

Most of the 25 schools probably had no idea this rogue agency was paying their players; however, there are probably 25 more rogue agencies. This probe isn’t even scratching the surface.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Feb 24, 2018, 7:38 AM

Because of the number of agencies the NCAA needs to work directly with the FBI to learn as much as possible ASAP about “characters” in competing businesses. This is just the “tip of the iceberg” and the institutions know it.

Frankly I would love seeing the major coaching figures caught on recordings and in clear violation of NCAA rules get nailed. Shut down programs if caught knowingly with huge cash payments. Put the coaches under oath and watch the fun begin! UNCheat got away once, but I would love it to see them implicated! They along with a few other programs deserve to get punished handily if involved.

The next year or two should get real interesting based upon cooperative testimony from this first set of individuals indicted.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2018, 8:51 AM

UNC shaved points in the late 50's- early60's and never missed a beat

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2018, 9:06 AM

Duke conducted an in-depth review yesterday and announced that there were no eligibility issues involving Duke basketball players.

NCSU announced yesterday that they had written a stern letter to the agent responsible for paying their player telling him he was not to hang around any non-public areas of their university.

UNC announced the Tarheels had done an multiyear investigation of the allegations that Tarheel players had been paid to play. UNC said their investigation revealed that a great many regular students had also received payments of cash while attending UNC and had been granted loans from an assortment of people that had not been paid back. UNC concluded that since both regular students and basketball players had received cash the entire issue is an academic one and not related to athletics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! Sounds about right!***

Feb 24, 2018, 9:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 24, 2018, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: it's only 20-25 schools. Hundreds did not cheat ]

UNC's response to this (in your briefing) is mind-boggling, but typical of them.
So, every regular student who has received monetary help with college should have been made to repay the "loan/gift".
So I was technically ineligible to play Baseball (only had 1/2 scholarship), because my Aunt (who had no kids) paid for my books each semester and would give me spending money, usually $20.00, several times a year. True this was 30 years ago, but I had friends that received $100's of dollars weekly during Football season; from Alumni and FB boosters.
My best friend ended up at a football school up north from where we lived. Going on recruiting trips with him (in early 80's), were "eye-opening". Everyone in our group received "$50/100 handshakes" on his 1st trip to a school. After the boosters realized on later trips, he was the only person to receive cash. But they would give so much that he shared/paid for everyone in our group and went home with money in his pocket.
Born, bred, and always a Tiger; (I played small college baseball) my 1st trip with him to a SC school from Georgia, I was left speechless. I had never had a "handshake" with money involved. I dropped the $$ twice when a Doctor or Real Estate Mogul(Boosters) would offer a handshake. Call it ignorance, but I tried to give the money back to the man once and his response was, "but you can help steer him to us".
I admired how this friend handled his recruiting after so much excess. We never returned to Cootville or any other school that offered money after the 1st-2nd time it happened. He had a brief NFL career and has done well in Business sector, after football.
I like to call it Karma.
God takes care of his children who follow the right path.

??

Feb 24, 2018, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: it's only 20-25 schools. Hundreds did not cheat ]

wrong NC school

UNC players were implicated but cleared

NCSU players were actually paid and charged with crimes

and UNC was put on probation in the early 60s for improper benefits to recruits - led to McGwire getting canned and Dean Smith getting hired

https://accsports.com/acc-news/headline-news/fbis-ncaa-investigation-stirs-memories-of-1960s-point-shaving-scandal/

Feb 24, 2018, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: it's only 20-25 schools. Hundreds did not cheat ]

Arizona’s coach has a recorded wire-tap speaking about paying one of his players upwards of 100k.

If he’s not forced to leave BY THE NCAA and not Arizona (though I’d hope they would do the same), I will have completely lost all faith in the NCAA to conduct reasonable penalities for athletic misconducts.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: it's only 20-25 schools. Hundreds did not cheat ]

I would like the FBI to let the NCAA have access to all the recorded conversations. There may be many instances of violating NCAA rules without breaking the law. The FBI is only interested in the evidence that shows they broke federal law.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic