Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love college football and have been going to Clemson games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,109

I love college football and have been going to Clemson games

Dec 13, 2012, 8:46 AM

Since Frank Howard days. I am very disappointed with the way the game is headed. Money and greed is tearing the game apart and with all the realignment moves it is only going to get worse. This week with Chad Morris is just a drop in the bucket compared to what we have to look forward to in the coming years. Coaches are caught up in it due the large amount of money they can make in just a short time, and Clemson is just one of many with deep pockets. Personally I would love to see the game return to the ideals and business practices of ole Frank's era, but I'm afraid those days are gone too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those were simpler times, and not just in football.

Dec 13, 2012, 8:49 AM

It's too far gone now. You've got to either take it for what it is, or find another hobby.

Fortunately or not, quite true...depending upon one's

Dec 13, 2012, 8:53 AM

affection for the game. It's just amazing how much it's changed during my lengthy association. And I would be less than honest if I didn't admit that I like all the glitz today, although detest the controversies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And in that way, we are all guilty. We all want to win, and

Dec 13, 2012, 9:17 AM

bigger is always better. Our institutions of higher learning are essentially in the entertainment business, and are delivering the product we demand. As much as I like it too, when I think about it, I liked it just as much, if not more, in it's scaled-down version of yester-year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You've reached the logical conclusion that there's not real

Dec 13, 2012, 9:10 AM

synthesis between tradition and money driven "amateur" athletics.

Me and you both.***

Dec 13, 2012, 9:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can do like I do and have another team you follow.

Dec 13, 2012, 11:02 AM

Mine is Applachian State. I live 15 miles up the mountain from the Mountineers. Believe me, Division II football is more like it use to be in the old days at Clemson you mention. Much less greed, with more emphasis on the game, student-athletes and sportsmanship that seems to have vanished from Division I.

Don't get me wrong, I still pull for CU, but it's just not the same like it used to be.

CU'71

Could not agree with you more - well said

Dec 13, 2012, 11:11 AM

Money, greed, and people without the proper respect for the history, tradition, and regionalism of the game are destroying college football and college sports in general.

It is shameful what is happening and that there are college Presidents and conference commissioners allowing it to happen. Respect for regional rivalries: Gone. Respect for the student-athlete: Gone. It's all one big money grab.

It makes me sad to be quite honest. I grew up on Big East hoops and the Big East might cease to exist within the next 48 hours. All because of money. I would hate to see the ACC collapse, but if it does... Well, what goes around comes around.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry, the BigEast lives! only now it's called the ACC***

Dec 13, 2012, 11:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,109
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic