Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love York Tiger...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I love York Tiger...

Jun 5, 2012, 8:15 PM

I don't care if he is right or wrong (in fact i mostly think he is right) concerning the Big 12. He gives me a solid reason to wake up an read TigerNet during the dull days of June-July-August. This is the worst time of year for me and it has gotten progressively worse ever since the CockTurds beat us in Omaha in 2010.

York Tiger, please keep posting. I hope to God that you are right! I want to stick up the TarHoles and Swoffies #### so bad. You give me hope everyday. August 15th is a special day for me and I hope it gets even better in 2012!

Screw all the non-believers on here that think the ACC is in our best interest. If we have no reason to play football at Clemson then I promise you enrollment will drop. Screw all these academic aholes...survey the student body and i bet 80% say they come to Clemson for the environment that includes those awesome fall Saturdays! We stay in the ACC and those Saturdays are meaningless! We are nothing more than an overglorfied App St...wait, they can play in a playoff...we can't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get that danged love off of tnet

Jun 5, 2012, 8:18 PM

:)

I still don't see why the BCS just doesn't do a playoff ...

Jun 5, 2012, 8:30 PM

that's real... its so in your face obvious ... and they say the money would be huge .... since its all about the money

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 16 team playoff

Jun 5, 2012, 8:54 PM

Would mean only 16 teams in the post season. With approximately 32 bowls there are 64 teams in the current post season. The 48 that would be left out are conspiring with the bowls to prevent a true playoff.

WHy in the world would the bowls go away?

Jun 5, 2012, 8:56 PM

They already are nothing but fun spectacles, why would the top 8 bowl games worth of teams going away automatically mean the end of the rest of them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WHy in the world would the bowls go away?

Jun 5, 2012, 9:29 PM

They won't go away. They will still be used basically the way they are used now. Just with a lot more important's with some. Like the ones to the championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still don't see why the BCS just doesn't do a playoff ...

Jun 5, 2012, 9:26 PM [ in reply to I still don't see why the BCS just doesn't do a playoff ... ]

Well lets just say it isn't about just the money. You would still have to have enough money to keep up with your competition. If not, you will have to wait to even get on the last wagon to the road to the top. And it is just that simple....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love York Tiger...

Jun 5, 2012, 8:32 PM

I totally agree and I couldn't have said it better myself....

I love Clemson!***

Jun 5, 2012, 9:25 PM

Again, of all the reasons you guys want to join the Big 12,

Jun 5, 2012, 9:41 PM

sticking it to Swofford and UNC is possibly the worst...and that's saying something.

John Swoffford is a 63 year old millionaire. If we leave and he can keep the ACC in tact as THE basketball conference in the country, he'll spend a few more years making a big fat pay check and then retire to the life of leisure that a career of good ol' boy networking affords a guy like that. If the ACC implodes, he'll just start that leisurely life earlier.

If we leave with FSU, and the ACC stays intact, UNC will be quite content to remain in the best basketball conference in the country. If it implodes, UNC will probably start a bidding war between the SEC and Big 12 for their membership.

Both Swofford and UNC will be fine...perhaps even better off, if Clemson leaves.

null

Hopefully Clemson will be headed to the Big 12 and

Jun 5, 2012, 10:06 PM

Swofford will just be a bad memory.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no clemson, no FSU and the football revenues take a huge

Jun 5, 2012, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Again, of all the reasons you guys want to join the Big 12, ]

hit. swofford, UNC and the rest of the league have got to be pretty nervous right now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Do you think that UNC would NOT be the prize of expansion

Jun 5, 2012, 10:49 PM

for either the SEC or Big 10? (Notre Dame aside...maybe)

SEC gets the flagship of North Carolina, opens a new market, a basketball power for Kentucky and a program that can certainly be on par with half of their conference (Vandy, UK, Miss St, Ole Miss, South Carolina) and would be a great South Carolina rival every year. Oh, and it helps their woeful academic reputation.

The Big 10 gets the flagship of North Carolina, opens a new market, maintains its academic image, gets a powerhouse basketball program, maintains SOME degree of geographic sense while opening up the southeast.

This won't make UNC nervous. If Clemson and FSU leaves, they'll run the numbers. If it makes sense for them to stay in a depleted ACC (say they add Rutgers and UConn to compensate...or just stay at 12), that's what they'll do. If it makes sense for them to leave, they'll just pick up the phone and make a couple of phone calls.

null

Re: Do you think that UNC would NOT be the prize of expansion

Jun 5, 2012, 10:53 PM

Who cares what UNC does after we leave......

The person who can't wait to stick it to 'em.

Jun 5, 2012, 10:59 PM

That's what started the conversation.

null

Look, you couldn't get into Clemson, so what?

Jun 5, 2012, 10:18 PM

Don't for a minute think that Clemson is nothing but sports and that is the main draw for students.

Prospective students who are that shallow would endure what you have experienced and as you, be politely rejected.

All that being said I believe those here that try and separate Clemson's grads from non grad as you have done are worthless and would sacrifice Clemson's integrity for a National Championship. As far as a grad not caring about football who the fck do you think puts all the money in IPTAY, fast food workers?

Now, down to the basics. I agree with you about yorktiger and moving to the Big 12.

BTW, I gave you a TU.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look, you couldn't get into Clemson, so what?

Jun 5, 2012, 11:11 PM

To his credit, there are a lot of students at Clemson that came to the University for our amazing football traditions. I had the opportunity to attend a number of prestigious academic institutions in the SE, but I chose Clemson because while we rival other colleges with out degree programs, there is no where else in the world that I would rather be on a Saturday in the Fall then on the Hill when it's time for kick-off. It was THE deciding factor that led many of us to Clemson.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic