Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love Kelly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I love Kelly

Jun 29, 2018, 8:05 PM

Bryant and the contribution that he has given to our team.
I believe he will a big contributor this year also but
maybe not as QB. I think he, along with TL and Brice, the
Tigers will be a force to be hard to overcome. I don't want
to wish my life away but I will welcome the 2018 FB season,
the only sport that I get excited about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB did his best.

Jun 29, 2018, 8:13 PM

I know a few here are much anxious to see him lose his starting position. I'm not though I have consistently predicted him not lasting more than a few games this year. I'm looking forward to seeing TL take the helm and start building a D1 football education but I still feel bad that KB will drop back in the rotation.

I think Kelly will hit his personal ceiling before the season starts. You've all seen what TL can do with a football in his hand and he only spent a couple months with our play book.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly absolutely deserves your respect

Jun 29, 2018, 8:48 PM

He has worked hard, earned the players' respect and put the Tigers first. And I am a T. Lawrence pumper who believes TL should start sooner not later. This does not mean KB should not be recognized for his hard work and loyalty to the program. He has much to be proud of as a starter who led a stacked Tigers team to the playoffs. And hopefully this year KB will earn a ring as a contributor to a natl championship team. Wish KB the best and believe he has a prosperous future in coaching young men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

Jun 29, 2018, 9:09 PM

I get so tired of some of our “fans” tearing him down and acting like he sucks every time his name is brought up by someone showing him some love for what he has done for us. It’s down right pathetic if you ask me.

And yes I am also among those who think TL gets the nod at starting QB sooner rather than later.

Re: i might be one of those 'detractor' fans to you

Jun 30, 2018, 12:47 AM

But i really appreciated the leadership KB brought to an offense that would otherwise have been listless in 2017.
Having played with DW4, he understood that the most important part of leadership is giving his teammates a reason to perform at their best every play. He played with more swagger than he had personally earned, which was great, because the starting QB for the Clemson Tigers leads the efforts of a hundred great young men, and the dreams of hundreds of thousands of fans. Clemson expects to win, and win big, and win with class. KB embodied that.

For the most part, the coaching staff designed game plans that fit his skillset and, by executing properly, he helped us be successful. The fact that he was as successful as he was even with some personnel and skill limitations is commendable. And we don't know if some of his ultraconservative decision making was, in fact, in total obedience to his coaching staff, sacrificing individual stats to achieve a more sure victory.

So, sorry if at times i have been aggressive in pointing out the limits of our offense with him under center. Some of you seemed hard to convince, probably because Kelly is such a good guy. Yet i too hope that KB will have opportunity to make significant contributions, in some way, to another national championship for Clemson this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i might be one of those 'detractor' fans to you

Jun 30, 2018, 6:48 AM

We all saw the same things. KB has his limitations but he did a good job last year. He did a lot better than most expected. He was a great leader for us last year. Our defensive players said he was the toughest to defend out of all of our QBs last year. I don’t mind people talking about his weaknesses but it seems that every time someone says something positive about the way KB lead the team last year they take it as an opportunity to tear down KB to make their case for TL to start. It’s kind of ridiculous especially when no one is even trying to weigh in on the QB debate. What’s wrong with saying KB did a good job for us last year? Nothing because he did. The offense was inconsistent but does anyone ever talk about how the skill players were on a constant roatation? No they would rather blame everything on KB so they can make a case for TL to start. There is absolutely no benefit in ripping one of our players, who is a good kid and a good QB, every time his name is mentioned. The guy was one of 16 finalists for the Davey O’Brien award for crying out loud. He doesn’t suck he just isn’t an elite QB along the lines of his predecessor.

Re: I love Kelly

Jun 29, 2018, 10:00 PM

Was hoping this was a Kelly Kapowski appreciation thread when I first clicked

Re: I love Kelly

Jun 30, 2018, 6:57 AM

Just another I know more than the coaches thread or dead horse thread

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive