Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sacrifice: Harvey Johnson made sure Jadar's dream came true
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Sacrifice: Harvey Johnson made sure Jadar's dream came true

Apr 5, 2017, 8:15 AM

Sacrifice: Harvey Johnson made sure Jadar's dream came true

Jadar Johnson stepped to the podium during Clemson’s National Championship celebration, and he didn’t need to look out in the throng of 70,000 fans to find his father. He didn’t have to, because he knew Harvey Johnson was out, supporting his son. Just like he always has. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Sacrifice: Harvey Johnson made sure Jadar's dream came true

Apr 5, 2017, 8:45 AM

Wonderful story. As a father with young children it's great to be reminded to do everything you can to positively support your kids even when it doesn't seem appreciated. As they mature they will understand. Stick to your guns, and don't let them easily quit.

Apr 5, 2017, 8:55 AM

Exactly, a parent should never support quitting in anyway shape or form, bc quitting is the easiest thing a person can do!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2017, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sacrifice: Harvey Johnson made sure Jadar's dream came true ]

When my son wanted to quit Boy Scouts, I told him there were only 2 ways to get out of Scouts. He asked what they were. I told him the ways were to get his Eagle rank or the 2nd way was if he died prior to that, then he would be out. He didn't like my answer, but the night of the Eagle ceremony he came over to me and thanked me for not letting him quit. I had forgotten, but he hadn't. It made him a better man, and kudos to Jadar's parents for their toughness. He is a better man because of that tough love.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2017, 12:57 PM

They think they hate you at that impact moment, but be sure they will thank you and be glad you were their parents later. Tough love has that effect on kids later in life, when that lesson is making a huge difference in their life!!! Quitting is the easiest thing in the world to do, dumb A$SES do it everyday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2017, 2:28 PM

Right on, brother!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2017, 8:46 AM

What will be awesome to see is how Jadar passes that example on to his own kids one day. His dad planted a seed and in this day and age I hope that seed grows. Good luck and God bless the Johnson family and go Tigers!

Apr 5, 2017, 8:46 AM

What a nice story. Loved hearing Jadar's speech at the celebration, so glad he recognized the sacrifices made by his family to help him reach his dreams.

Apr 5, 2017, 8:50 AM

Awesome, I'm pulling for the Johnson family dreams to come through for all of them, Go Jadar, and put your best plays forward from here on out your FB career. The easiest part is getting on a team, well it's easier than staying on a team after you get there. Now that he has his family and Tiger Nation behind him to be an NFL star, he will have to work even harder than before. At Clemson Jadar, when you felt lazy, you didn't have to worry about Dabo firing you. But in the NFL, they are always looking for a player that can do it better than you, and that is the #1 reason you must out work everyone on your team. Good luck to you Jadar, and never forget your family along the way!!!

Jadar is the best interview on the team. He speaks without

Apr 5, 2017, 9:19 AM

cliche or pretense and its never boring. Go back and listen to some of his interviews with Roy on wccp. He's very genuine. It got him in trouble a couple of times though (i.e. saying JT Barrett wasn't the best QB they faced, or that he would slam Lamar Jackson if he tried to leap frog him) but thats the curse of giving honest answers. Its refreshing. Most probably thought he was just talking junk but if you had ever listened to any of his other interviews you knew that wasn't the case.

ITs surprising that he was the quiet kid growing up.

Re: Jadar is no longer a kid, he is a man

Apr 5, 2017, 10:13 AM

We hope and pray for him and his family.

I think I remember Dabo talking to his mom and telling her not to let him come home, but that might have been another player.

Mr & Mrs Johnson obviously did a terrific job

Apr 5, 2017, 10:29 AM

with Jadar and are to be congratulated--he's quite a young man. Nice having folks like that in the family

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Jadar's interviews.....

Apr 5, 2017, 12:11 PM

He was always so direct. He always had a smile on his face. Hard for me to believe he used to be so shy. Amazing what Clemson and the football program can help do!!

I can't wait to watch him in the NFL. Should be fun!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a fine young man...and just wonderful parents..great

Apr 5, 2017, 12:11 PM

example of "parenting'!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOVE the Clemson Family. Great story. THANK YOU, JJ

Apr 5, 2017, 3:17 PM

and Family.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic