Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 902

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Mar 11, 2019, 8:10 AM

Thursday night, up to Asheville to see Sarah Shook and the Disarmers. It was fantastic.

Friday, bought a house.

Saturday, we to Charleston for a Christmas party.

Sunday back home kinda early. Took some stuff to new house. Found out somebody broke in to give us some new tube lights in the shed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crazy twists and turns

Mar 11, 2019, 8:18 AM

not really but whatever.

Friday: went to a JV softball game. You know what's worse than softball? JV softball. 2nd inning lasted an hour and 15 minutes. Ended up 12 run ruling in the 3rd.

Saturday: Yard.net day. Put out scott's weed and feed. Well not scott's because that #### is $50 for 5000 sq ft bag. But the off brand. Finally got potting soil in the planter and planted lettuce, broccoli, and spinach. Chased the dog around the neighbor hood a few times. Wife of's friend and her husband came over to make cast iron pizza and let the kids play. Was good. No pigs. You don't want.

Sunday: Lazy day in bed. Finally got up and took the kids outside to play while I worked on steak on the grill. The dread of going back to work started coming on. Started feeling awful not long after. Wife of broke out the blood pressure cuff. Apparently I have high blood pressure. 160/90. I'm falling apart.

Overall

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Wet and wild

Mar 11, 2019, 8:34 AM

Without the wild part unless walking a possum on a leash qualifies.

Spent most of it at a water quality assessment recertification class. 3 hours flipping rocks in a stream looking for critters to identify is fun times unless it’s cold and rainy

Enjoyed watching a little bit of the domination of the Tarholes

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good enough

Mar 11, 2019, 8:35 AM

Fri - SheGUAR needed/wanted new phone (original Pixel starting to show age, her werk pays for it anyway)....and I found a hella deal on Pixel 3's, so I decided to get juan too...Target was offering $450 off phone upfront w/ activation, AND Verizon was giving a $300 bill 'credit' spread out over 24 months....so, $50 over 24 months, FTW. The sales tax (on full price) was more. However, the appropriate person @ Target wasn't there, so we went and got Messican food instead.

Sat - We bofe slept in AF, very odd for SheGUAR, not quite as odd for me. Went back to Target by us, and they only had 1 phone in stock. I had to go up to Spartanburg to get the 2nd one. Didn't get murdered, somehow. Then, neighborhood had a craft beer/wine/food pairing thingy. Basically, the pre-alcoholics got together @ the clubhouse and drank, and played some games. I learned how to play euchre, kinda.

Sun - between copious beers and DST, Sunday morning was slow. Ended up going into work for a couple hours, then errands on way home. Watched TWD, and tried to watch Season 2 premier of American Gods, but couldn't make it.

I love Euchre.

Mar 11, 2019, 8:56 AM

It's simple and easy to cheat. We played it at the lodge after the formal meetings when I was a teenager. The old men were great.

Let me know if you want the signs to give your partner to let him know what you're holding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bob?

Mar 11, 2019, 8:57 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely!***

Mar 11, 2019, 9:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers won but I didn't die.

Mar 11, 2019, 8:35 AM

Friday - Took kid_of to Anderson then hit Paws Diner for some dang good fried chicken

Saturday - Shootay weather. Ran some errands then made a sundried tomato and feta papardelle

Sunday - Went to Sassafras Mountain because it was there. Watched Arnie's tourney

6/10 because weather.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Mar 11, 2019, 8:36 AM

Friday - Volunteered to watch baby nephew while bro and sis-in-law went out to dinner for their anniversary. I did my taxes during this time. I owe $2000 fed and am getting back $1100 state. I'll call that "good enough". As long as I owed less than $1000, I'm still G2G on a new Mustang.

Saturday - Son's birthday party: SarahAdidas and I took son, daughter, and two friends to the trampoline park for 90 minutes and then to Dave and Busters. God I hate Dave and Busters. I spent $110 on arcade tokens for the kids. Immediately, my son lost his "card" that contained all of his credits. Luckily wife was able to get a new one for him free of charge. Some little Obeds gave my 6 year old daughter a fake gold chain. When I told her that he must like her, she went and gave it back. (Proud semi-racist dad moment.) Daughter had an absolute melt-down leaving the arcade - brat. Went to fancy $$$ Japanese steakhouse with cousin and his fam. Drank green-apple saki.

Sunday - Mama and StepDad came over, ate Mexican, walked around in the woods on the palatial Adidas estate for a few hours. $20 to anyone who finds deer antlers... no finders this time. Cleaned house. Watched Shameless.

8/10, minus 2 for Dave and Busters.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Congarts on the house.

Mar 11, 2019, 8:37 AM

When's the housewarming party?

and do I need to bring a watch to throw in the bowl on the counter?

I dun know, and probably not.***

Mar 11, 2019, 8:59 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Effing Chelsea and Arsenal

Mar 11, 2019, 8:42 AM

Friday: late practice, head to bed way too late

Saturday: up way too early, daughter had a track meet in the worst town in SC. Hazy, overcast and a slight rain. If you have never been to a track meet, imagine a meeting with no agenda for six hours, outside. Thankfully the rain washed the yellow river of pollen away, for the time being. Came home ran a bit, cursed the gods of "Savings Time." Went to bed. I heard there was a Clemson basketball game, I hope we haven't screwed up our NIT bid.

Sunday: UP way too early on what I like to call "Decision Sunday", as in, I need to decide if I should leave "civilization" for an existence of ignoring all time standards. Went to Cootlumbia, saw youngest play her scokker game, got Publix subs (garlic pickles FTW), came home and what am absolute ####### nice day. Got some miles in, messed around and got a triple double. I recorded the early morning EPL games since I was out of town, watched the Arsenal/MUFC match hoping for both teams to lose. Avoided the Chelsea score all day, until I determined it was too late to watch the recorded match on TV. Saw the score and I was all:

Enjoyed the rest of the most spring-like day ever.

Factoring in the natty and an almost lock for the NIT definitely was a 10/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beeches about being outside at a running event all day

Mar 11, 2019, 9:23 AM

What does he do when he gots home?

SMDH

Mar 11, 2019, 8:52 AM

Sat I stressed over not getting enough good sleep for several weeks. Sat eve went to bed at 7:30 Pm and slept till 7"30 AM Sun. 12 solid hours of coma. Finally, a good nights sleep but a sleep hangover which rivals 7spots' average morning. :)

Sun, rose and shined. I got off my rump and set up my paint/stain/finish table under the carport and waited out the rain. Early afternoon I laid out both sets of zebrano wood trim for the project car, yes, I made a wreck of a few of the pieces of the original and had to strip another interior to get replacements. I shot a thick coat of chemical stripper on every bit of the trim to remove all the finish and stain, covered them all up with plastic and intend, Lord willing, to scrape them all this morning, Lord willing.

10/10 for me. Stellar weekend for one who is 2 months sleep deprived.

Pretty pretty pretty good

Mar 11, 2019, 8:54 AM

Fri - Left work early to go fishing, picked up kids, met wife at Creekside bbq

Sat - Stayed home all day with fam

Sun - Church, played outside, played football and bball, caught a bball in the face from point blank range and tweaked my groin

"tweaked my groin"

you keep it up, and that will make you go blind, son

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If ryanadidas ain't goin blind, I ain't either***

Mar 11, 2019, 9:01 AM

1 year old birthday party

Mar 11, 2019, 8:55 AM

exhausted. not ready to start this week

Re: 1 year old birthday party

Mar 11, 2019, 10:28 AM

Who's child?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awetastic! Where's yur new house?

Mar 11, 2019, 8:57 AM

Friday - met with builder and architect re/ the new bengaline casa in God's Country. Picked up fat filets and grilled, drank allsome bottle of Cab

Sat - Did some work around the house, watched some golf, took one grandson to Farmhouse tacos in TR where he managed to trip on edge of sidewalk and fall in mud b4 dinner. Good time anyway.

Sun - dang DST so slept late, Beef Strogie prep, watched golf and neckcar....weird track in Phoenix, a little Do Julio and some wine with Strogie!

They new joint is up by Furman. Odds are I'll

Mar 11, 2019, 9:09 AM

see the Furman golf course every day. I am hoping this opens up some Air BnB possibilities once we get the place right.

Nice area, I tried to find acreage in the TR area

Mar 11, 2019, 9:22 AM

but was unsuccessful.

Re: 10/10.......Tigers sweep!.......’Nuff said

Oh, and the hoopty hoop Tigers beating Jim “I can’t find a good restaurant in Clemson” Boeheim was icing on the cake.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 9:06 AM

Friday - all day trip back to DTW from Jackson Hole. Left Jackson about 11am, got home at 1am. Got bumped to first class, so had lots and lots of alcohol on that flight and before the flight, which proved to be a good idea. The flight had the worst turbulence I have ever experienced...right over the Cheyenne area, for some reason. It was clear as a bell and I could see down, but we were rocking and rolling.

Saturday - wake up, go to church men's breakfast, take son to swimming, LONG NAPS for everyone and then took the kids to a friends to watch basketball and eat pizza while the wives went out to dinner and movie.

Sunday - church, glorious day with playground time with kids, long naps and awesome tortellini dinner.

Overall 8/10 without that plane ride. -10/10 with plane ride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A whirlwind of mostly good.

Mar 11, 2019, 9:06 AM

Friday, Mrs. Tig gets call from her mom before she leaves for work that she's having breathing issues again, so she went to mom-in-law's house, called doc and they get her on a new med. Get home from work and get TWO pups out in a driving rain, since I was dog-sitting for Joonyer. Pretty much laid around Friday night drinking beers, watching westerns on Netflix, and entertaining the pups. Mrs. Tig decided to stay at her mom's Friday night, she calls me at 1 am to tell me shje took her mom to the emergency room in Pineville (because Piedmont in RH is pretty much the equivalent of the infirmary at Dachau).

Saturday, slept in as long as the pups would allow, got up and drank coffee, did chores, watched basketball game. Mrs. Tig came home around 10:30 Saturday morning and went to bed after being in the emergency room all night. I spent a lot of Saturday going through the rotation of one dog out, in to dry off, then out with the second dog. Two high strung pups with cabin fever is a chore. Late afternoon I left Joonyer's pup and took mine on her weekly truck ride to the dump, and then over to RH Mom's for a visit. Got the call that Joonyer proposed, fiance said yes (which Mrs. and I knew was going to happen) so I will be a father-in-law soon. Big wekk for fiance...she was accepted to Clemson on Thursday for her masters. Back to the house for one final rotation of dog walks, then fixed a chicken salad sandwich as Mrs. left to go back to Pineville, then grabbed bass and beers and left to go play LOUD rock and roll.

Sunday, lost hour was a shock to my internal clock, obviously. Wake up at 10, and luckily Mrs. had done a dog rotation so I could sit around in a daze and drank coffee. Mrs. went back up to Pineville to see her mom, I went to grocery. Came home and put away groceries, took my pup on a long walk since Joonyer came to get his pup, then back to the house to make spaghetti. Mrs. came home around 9, ate, crashed. Ate, cleaned up most of the kitchen, sat down and watched Walking/Talking Dead, finished kitchen, crashed.

Aside from mom-in-law situation, crappy weather, and double dog duty...I had to click the 'Like' button for the weekend overall because basketball win, baseball sweep of the hated tarholes, gaining a daughter-in-law that we really love, and LOUD rock and roll.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One addendum...

Mar 11, 2019, 9:21 AM

Discovered that the Czech Lager from Lidl is actually a good beer. By no means white whale special, but for the price I was absolutely delighted with it.

Pigs of DIL?

Mar 11, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to A whirlwind of mostly good. ]

Or the beer?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I'll meet you halfway.

Mar 11, 2019, 9:33 AM

What are the deets on the dowery?***

Mar 11, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to A whirlwind of mostly good. ]

6 goats, two large baskets of olives, a blanket woven from

Mar 11, 2019, 10:04 AM

human hair, and 20 bleached skulls chosen from a list of names I will provide.

how was the fish with the beers?***

Mar 11, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to A whirlwind of mostly good. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

That Pineville ER can be crowded AF. We went there with

Mar 11, 2019, 9:58 AM [ in reply to A whirlwind of mostly good. ]

Dad cause his doc is in Pineville and it takes HOURS every time. Went on a Friday or Saturday and I saw a gentlemen in INCREDIBLE pain, couldn't stand up or sit down and was just moaning and cussing. Nurse evaluated him and when he came out, he was a changed man. I assume they told him they wouldn't give him any prescription painkillers and he was miraculously cured. He was cussing the doctors on the way out the door.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know what time they admitted her Saturday, but it

Mar 11, 2019, 10:08 AM

had to be sometime after noon...so 11+ hours. That said, the difference between Pineville and Rock Hill is like the difference between Disney and the York County fair.

purty good: some beer, bbq, bike, boat & booty

Mar 11, 2019, 9:32 AM

took friday afternoon off and rode down to brunswick with a buddy for some bbq.
put the boat in saturday morning to do some fishing, didn't catch anything big enough to keep
grilled some steaks after church sunday

a lot of driving

Mar 11, 2019, 9:47 AM
mikegordon.jpg(94.6 K)

Went up to Clemson on Friday to see beisbol, no beisbol. Me and my brother then went to Nicks for some beers, Charleston Sports Pub for a pretzel and beers, and World Class Cheeseburgers for a decent burger and fries, need to go back and try it again

Saturday got up and visited my parents for a few, went to Pita House for a yummy gyro with that killer red sauce for every bite. Went to Asheville to see Mike Gordon. Beforehand, had an excellent slice of cheese pizza and beer at Manicomio Pizza. Also had beers at One World Brewery. Made it into the show and got pretty close. Place was sold out and packed. Pig attached. Left before end so I could drive back to Clemson.

Got up and changed clocks (stop this madness) and got back to GA to play with pups. Made a killer dinner and drank beer. Cleaned out spice cabinet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Best weekend of 2019 for me so far

Mar 11, 2019, 9:49 AM

Went fishing Friday afternoon, then just watched the rain.

Got up Saturday morning fairly early and did some more fishing. Caught one bass on a bastardized version of Mclovin's ned rig. Nothing after that, I think the weather has them messed up. Talked to a couple of guys on bass boats and they weren't having much luck either. Went to The Galley Saturday night, had excellent rainbow trout, but a pretty terrible experience overall. Had to tell the guy behind us to shut the #### up twice since he thought it was cool to shout back and forth with people at another table. Idiots.

Pulled the boat out Sunday morning after it quit raining and got it all waxed up. Then splashed her for the first time since a good bit of outdrive work. Gained a couple of mph top speed, nice surprise. Rode around and looked at all the new houses being built, it's funny looking at ~ 3/4 of a million dollar houses next to trailers. Got the boat nestled in her spot, and back home to grill some chicken.

Daylight savings is a beautiful thing, and anyone who says otherwise should DIAF.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS. Who cares if it is dark in the morning, it was light

Mar 11, 2019, 10:01 AM

out at 730 last night. Grill was up and running for us as well.

East coast party don't ever end......

Mar 11, 2019, 10:25 AM
pontoon.jpg(128.2 K)

Friday don't remember other than I installed my Tiger tags on my truck.
Saturday watched the Tigers beat that other orange team into submission.
Sunday got yard work done.
Monday got on Interwebs and posted on Tigernet2?

tiger basketball teaseing us yet again,monte lee for the win

Mar 11, 2019, 11:12 AM

null

Message was edited by: henry®

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was the kind of weekend that reminds me why I hate work

Mar 11, 2019, 11:37 AM

Friday-work all day, and in a city known for some of the best restaurants in the world, we ended up at one of the worst-- TGIFridays. I don't know how this happened, but I do know it won't ever happen again.

Saturday, Started at Seewee Outpost and spent $150 on clothes. They had some markdown end of season Aftco and Columbia stuff, so I spent money on a coat I won't use this year. Got back from that and took the boat for a quick cruise around the harbor just to make sure it's ready for the season. Everything works; It's ready. I'll change the oil and fuel filters next weekend and commence operation Boating-2019.

Came home to my BIL's car in my driveway and my truck wouldn't fit, so I just went to the Southern for a beer. Later, wife of, BIL and preggers SIL joined me (she didn't drink, but said she really wanted to) went to The Shelter for some Chicken bog. Some friends stopped by after getting hammered at the CHS food and wine festival, and BIL/SIL took off. We all ended up back at the Southern somehow. Day-over.

Sunday-Woke up and marveled at the 83 degree sunny weather, and went out on a friends boat for a few hours on the ICCW in Awendaw. Came back and sat by their pool for a bit. Later wrapped it all up by grilling out with the neighbors.

Hated getting up today and dealing with work promptly at 8:30 am.

I give it 9/10 yelp stars, with the only downsides being TGIFridays, and not being financially independent.

Went under contract on a house in Gville

Mar 11, 2019, 2:57 PM

Gone be real po' for a while now. Wife had to have Gville address though. Apparently we aren't Taylors or Mauldin folk.

ROH

Hey, we are house buying buddies.

Mar 11, 2019, 2:58 PM

I am close to the Furman golf course, are you close to me?

Nice! I know they're building some new stuff out there

Mar 11, 2019, 3:06 PM

is it one of those? We looked at those for a hot second, but ultimately ended up over off Pelham because of the schools.

ROH

Ours is old, built in 72 and until later this week has a

Mar 11, 2019, 3:12 PM

water heater with more laps around the sun than you. I'd have liked to be off Pelham on account of work, but eh.

Most of our neighborhood will be 60's and 70's houses.

Mar 11, 2019, 3:53 PM

Ours was built in 90 and was pretty recently updated everywhere except the kitchen. Why they skipped the kitchen I don't know. Seems like the obvious one to do first. Did y'all just close or just go under contract? I'm dealing with all the inspector, surveyor, vendor crap right now.

ROH

Closed on Friday. Going to get some work done then do

Mar 11, 2019, 3:55 PM

some ourselves. We won't be fully moved for a while.

That's nice you have the flexibility to not move in right

Mar 11, 2019, 4:44 PM

away. We probably will, but will be redoing the kitchen at the same time. Fingers crossed that doesn't take but a week or two.

ROH

Fantastic, thanks for asking

Mar 11, 2019, 3:18 PM

Friday: Worked till 7 and went to see a movie with my wife. We saw "Isn't It Romantic" with Rebel Wilson. Love a good rom com, but this one made fun of rom coms. Little too predictable, but a couple chuckles.

Saturday: Went to the gym in the morning and went out for breakfast with Red. Then went to work from 12-4. Hit Lowes and bought some lumber and a kreg jig so I could build myself a work bench/miter saw table. Red cooked some chili to have for dinner a few nights before the weather starts trending upward.

Sunday: Build the workbench in the morning. Worked 1-4. Swung by Lowes to get some locking casters for the bench. Cleaned out the shed where the bench would go and moved it there. Chili and cornbread for dinner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Looks good, have some plans or just drew it up?***

Mar 11, 2019, 3:50 PM

Had some plans. Adjusted based on my space available.***

Mar 11, 2019, 4:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Pretty good weekend...

Mar 11, 2019, 5:57 PM

Had a few interviews last week...Spent part of weekend in Simpsonville and part in Irmo (bless)..spent time with my guy..

Hoping to hear from my interviews.
Ready to get back to SC.

Message was edited by: chick_with_tiger_tat®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck on the interviews and glad you had a good wkend. ****

Mar 11, 2019, 6:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Mar 11, 2019, 6:36 PM

Friday: Baby girl came home for spring break. She made two requests prior to her arrival. She wanted to shower in a clean bathroom. So I cleaned hers before she got here.

Saturday: Hosted a bunch of UNCheat fans, so we had to watch the game. I made nachos. Baby girl's number two request was red meat. I told her I had now met all my parental obligations for this week.

Sunday: Lazy day. I grilled and that was about all I accomplished all day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 902
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic