Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love Clemson Football but....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I love Clemson Football but....

Jun 18, 2013, 9:04 AM

If my son had a choice between Dook and Clemson I would be the biggest Blue devil clothes wearing, #### Vital lovin, Mike Shusheski...errr....Kruzewewski....errr..mens basketball supporter...
on the freakin planet!

Priceless education.
Bottom line!
Just Sayin!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love Clemson Football but....

Jun 18, 2013, 9:06 AM

If he wants to be a doctor then sure, but I don't know too many D1 athletes that go to medical school.

null

Re: I love Clemson Football but....yeah

Jun 18, 2013, 9:08 AM

that 95 hour degree ole Mikey developed to keep his hoopsters eligible is really something. (sarcasm)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"But" negates everything that comes before it...

Jun 18, 2013, 9:18 AM

And I love Clemson, not just Clemson football...no way I would push my son to any other school if the Tigers were a possibility.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You wouldn't push your son towards Harvard or any other

Jun 18, 2013, 1:43 PM

number of Ivy League schools?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Duke is indeed better than Clemson in most academics

Jun 18, 2013, 9:27 AM

However, I feel like Clemson is a better overall college. Clemson is a top 25 public university because it has a good mix of campus life, athletics, academics, and really nice people. It's a really great place that I personally feel none can match.

Re: Duke is indeed better than Clemson in most academics

Jun 18, 2013, 9:30 AM

I got back a little while ago from visiting my dad at the Durham VA and I didn't realize what a #### hole the city of Durham is. The doctors and hospital were amazing but Durham is not a place I would want to live in.

Re: Duke is indeed better than Clemson in most academics

Jun 18, 2013, 9:33 AM

From what I've heard Duke's campus is a shining city on a hill and does very little for the surrounding Durham community. You're just as likely to find people who like UNC or NC State in Durham as you are to find people who actually like Duke.

Re: Define..."better".

Jun 18, 2013, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Duke is indeed better than Clemson in most academics ]

nm

I had exactly that choice...

Jun 18, 2013, 9:41 AM

...Clemson on scholarship or Duke with "work-study", which translates to the university hooking you up with some sort of on-campus job while you go to school, to help offset the (at the time) ~$28,000/yr in tuition.

Needless to say, I opted for Clemson, left with no undergraduate debt and now work as an MD in Boston. Never regretted it for a moment.

I'm sorry

Jun 18, 2013, 9:53 AM

it must be unpleasant to be surrounded by all those Massholes

Re: I'm sorry

Jun 18, 2013, 9:58 AM

Ha, you become one after a while anyway....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a bad post.....for a rookie....lol***

Jun 18, 2013, 10:07 AM [ in reply to I had exactly that choice... ]

After the first job, school loses its value

Jun 18, 2013, 9:57 AM

in favor of experience.

Up here in Boston, Harvard gets your foot through the door. However, many of the real professional hot shots went to schools with little academic prowess. Clemson is a fine school and I compete with Harvard graduates fine.

I'd say it was true for level of education, too. I'm about

Jun 18, 2013, 1:33 PM

done with a master's program and they haven't exposed me to anything I didn't learn in the first 6-8 years of my career.

A full ride to Duke would be tempting...

Jun 18, 2013, 9:58 AM

... in all honesty even with an offer from Clemson.

That said, I would not attempt to sway my child from Clemson, no matter what the option. Because I love my child, I want the best for them, and Clemson is the best path for any young man or woman interested in becoming the best person possible.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for posting.***

Jun 18, 2013, 12:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic