Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Next year QB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,461

Next year QB?

Jan 24, 2014, 8:23 PM

So I asked this a few weeks ago but didn't get many opinions. I personally think Chad gets the start next year. But with that being said, if Cole does get the start, what is probability Chad transfers? I think he would and I don't know if I would blame him, and would that make us really shallow at QB and maybe even make Watson burn a red his redshirt? It's things like this that keep me up at night. Talk me off the cliff please.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next year QB?

Jan 24, 2014, 8:30 PM

As he said before he ever got here, he is coming to push Cole for the job! Now it is time to back up those words. It's show time! I don't think win or lose he will go anywhere.

Jan 24, 2014, 8:33 PM

I like the way Cole runs the offense, but he isnt the runner Chad is. That being said i dont think Chad at this point has the arm strength. Lets see how Spring game goes. I will have a better understanding there. I would like to see Deshaun play, with the talent here at Clemson.

IMHO that is why

Jan 24, 2014, 8:35 PM

They don't name a starter coming out of spring ball. They keep that close hold so that nobody leaves during the summer. Regardless of who they might name as starter in the spring someone likely leaves (Chad means Cole leaves; Cole might ean Chad leaves; DW means either or both Chad and Cole leaves).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I possibly see a Chris Leake/Tim Tebow

Jan 24, 2014, 8:55 PM

Situation. Cole is the starting QB, who runs the offense, and Chad comes in for certain packages as a mobile QB. Call it the "Wildswag"

LIKE: "WildSwag" lol***

Jan 24, 2014, 9:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt has much more exp and classroom time and has

Jan 24, 2014, 9:02 PM

very much proven he is capable of producing equally as good. But, we have 3 of the best QBs in the country that will have to fight it out.

Dual QB can work (see Duke 2013) but ultimately the spot will be earned.

Personally I'd like to see Watson follow the exact blueprint Winston did(excluding the off-the-field issues but I highly doubt that will happen.)

Not this thread again...***

Jan 24, 2014, 9:04 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next year QB? I think Chad would be delighted to be a great

Jan 24, 2014, 9:20 PM

change of pace QB often subbing in for Cole, who has earned the right to start unless completely outshined by Chad in Spring game. Last years Spring game belonged to Chad until fortunately was injured. However, give credit to Cole for his steady improvement every year, and it will be great to have a cool, calm QB for a change plus a better game manager and pinpoint passer than Tajh or Chad. Chad would be great change of pace and should start the next year with Watson being the change of pace backup his redshirt freshman year. I hope they are all high draft picks. Of course, injuries can change all that I wrote but why not make this a win-win situation instead of negatively thinking one will transfer? Dabo has stated frequently he could have a dual qb situation like Duke!

Chad UNfortunately injured in last years Spring Game other

Jan 24, 2014, 9:54 PM

wise he had outplayed Cole. Watson was injured in his last game in HS. Cole has never been injured...and has gotten better every year. Healthy,steady, calm and collected are great attributes for any player! It is an awesome situation to have 3 qb's of great talent. However, seniority counts, especially when improving every year! May the best men win - two QB system coming up, I think!

Re: Chad UNfortunately injured in last years Spring Game other

Jan 24, 2014, 10:21 PM

What about the seniority situation at ND two years ago, and Fsu last year. It didn't count. May the best man wins.

Winston was a redshirt and what happened at ND?

Jan 25, 2014, 11:02 AM

Senior took back over at ND

I love Chad, but look at Cole's stats man. He is highly

Jan 24, 2014, 10:09 PM

under recognized. Either way, we can't lose.

IMHO Dabo & Chad will cover bets - Cole and Swag both play

Jan 24, 2014, 10:15 PM

in early games as competition continues into season until one is hurt or one clearly outplays the other. Their preference, if team is performing well, will be to redshirt Watson - but they will leave that decision to Watson and family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMHO Dabo & Chad will cover bets - Cole and Swag both play

Jan 24, 2014, 10:25 PM

In case someone gets hurt, Please, not when.

Stoudt***

Jan 24, 2014, 11:34 PM

Jan 24, 2014, 11:40 PM

If Stoudt Wins job and Watson shows he can back up. I see Kelly Transferring. He is to good to sit bench. Just unfortunate for him if that happens. Watson is Future.... Not Kelly. But Kelly has that determination that will make this a battle for ages.

Think Pawsitive man, no transfers - all high draft choices!

Jan 25, 2014, 11:05 AM

WIN-WIN = Stoudt/Kelly this year, Kelly/Watson next year, and Watson/? the next year!

I think our best bet right now is Cole but I'm Not Sure.

Jan 25, 2014, 2:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the Chad tries to build it around both of them...

Jan 25, 2014, 2:09 PM

From what I remember of the Spring game, both guys didn't seem too far apart in talent. I even think Kelly may have looked a little better prior to injury.

The thing is, those two guys could probably start at just about any other college. I could easily see Chad playing for a team like UF. I hope they both stay, and utilize their strengths. I really don't think Schuessler (sp?) is that bad either...

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,461
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic