Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Chrome helmets and uniform combinations: Would it really help?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Chrome helmets and uniform combinations: Would it really help?

Jun 21, 2016, 8:01 AM

Chrome helmets and uniform combinations: Would it really help?

Chrome helmets. Uniform concept designs that include a multitude of color combinations. Alternative uniform designs that are more about money than the fans, but Samford professor and Clemson fan Chuck Stokes elected to do a study on how alternative uniforms help or hurt. His results are surprising. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Chrome helmets and uniform combinations: Would it really help?

Jun 21, 2016, 8:02 AM

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2016, 8:47 AM

Agree with that big "No!" There's absolutely no need to have 100 more of these things floating around out there.

Jun 21, 2016, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Chrome helmets and uniform combinations: Would it really help? ]

NO, don't mess with the uniforms or helmets, just keep it CLEMSON.................

Go Tigers.......

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Jun 21, 2016, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Chrome helmets and uniform combinations: Would it really help? ]

NO, don't mess with the uniforms or helmets, just keep it CLEMSON.................

Go Tigers.......

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Lol..so..... this is what sociology majors do.

Jun 21, 2016, 8:06 AM

Good to know

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 21, 2016, 8:28 AM

keep it simple! Keep it real! All schools who opt for flash have no brand and are trying to create an identity! Clemson is a brand! White pant/white jerseys, orange jerseys/white pants, and of courase SOLID ORANGE!!!! GO TIGERS!

what about wearing white at home?

Jun 21, 2016, 8:31 AM

that could be considered traditional Clemson too...

https://youtu.be/0uTMaIxsj1s

Re: what about wearing white at home?

Jun 21, 2016, 9:27 AM

I'm not in favor of that either. Wearing white once at a home game can hardly be called a "Tradition". JMO, and my opinion isn't worth very much either. Dabo came from AL where their uni combo is as boring as it gets, so I doubt we see a lot of change at Clemson. Plus, there is no better lookin uni than ours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't mess with the Clemson brand.

Jun 21, 2016, 8:38 AM

Only coot losers swap around uniforms to distract from their lack of skill and talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't mess with the Clemson brand.

Jun 21, 2016, 9:28 AM

Don't forget their lack of any winning tradition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2016, 8:40 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing more purple. Nothing new, but just not only on military appreciation day versus a cupcake team.

Jun 21, 2016, 8:51 AM

Me too. I would like to see the purple uni's with white pants, like the qb's wear in the spring game. That's a sharp look. We could wear those for one home game a year. Now, I hate the purple jerseys with the orange pants, that look is horrible.

Bama loves black

Jun 21, 2016, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Chrome helmets and uniform combinations: Would it really help? ]

As a Bama grad and Clemson respecter, I hope the Tigers stay the course with tradition. I'm probably too locked in on "the way we've always done it" but love it when other teams go the gimmick route against the Tide. To my knowledge, Alabama has never lost to a team with tweaked uniforms. Actually, I think it motivates our players to play even better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing extreme would help. Its not needed and wouldnt help*

Jun 21, 2016, 8:42 AM

nm

I look forward to these statistics being included on...

Jun 21, 2016, 9:02 AM

ESPiN's wheel of metrics during their hyping of SEC football starting in the preseason and ending at half time during the NC game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To Be A Devils Advocate....

Jun 21, 2016, 9:05 AM

First, don't kill me! I am a traditionalist but want to throw a thought out there...

Let's go back to 1969: Those uniforms were "Traditional"

In the 1970's we made a radical change with our uniform with the Paw and I think everyone agrees it was a great move. I was at the 1980 South Carolina game when Clemson Broke with tradition again and broke out the Orange Britches and we beat heavily favored South Carolina team.

Even the solid purple is a relatively new wrinkle and everyone is okay with it...

I am by no means saying we should get away from the uniform, but if Clemson wants to test the waters with a combination for a single game (Maybe a road game?) then put it out to the Tiger Nation and let them vote to have a skin in the game.

I love the traditional Unis, but I must say I have seen some of the Chrome Helmets that look slick...

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Jun 21, 2016, 9:12 AM

Clemson is known for keeping it Real. No gimmicks, no bs. Our coaches keep it Real with recruits. All of our flash comes from streaking over the goal line.

Anyone who thinks our outfits couldn't use an update hasn't

Jun 21, 2016, 9:16 AM

seen this.

Enough said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: outfits ?????

Jun 21, 2016, 9:18 AM

seriously?????

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna go with

Jun 21, 2016, 9:29 AM

Merriam-Webster on this one...

Outfit: a set of clothes that are worn together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

the <3/hate fore the engrish language 'round these parts...

Jun 21, 2016, 9:59 AM

is juan of the several wonders that beckons dsp back for more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the <3/hate fore the engrish language 'round these parts...

Jun 21, 2016, 10:01 AM

juanders***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Anyone who thinks our outfits couldn't use an update hasn't***

Jun 21, 2016, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Anyone who thinks our outfits couldn't use an update hasn't ]

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

the paw being wayward of 1 o'clock is liable to throw folks

Jun 21, 2016, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Anyone who thinks our outfits couldn't use an update hasn't ]

off kilter. get that corrected and you've got something, although i'm not sure medical science has evolved enough to cure it?

Re: Anyone who thinks our outfits couldn't use an update hasn't

Jun 21, 2016, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Anyone who thinks our outfits couldn't use an update hasn't ]

I have seen piles of cow s?? it that look better! certainly vomit is MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do chrome helmets recover onside kicks?

Jun 21, 2016, 9:17 AM

thats the only way they would have "helped" last year

Do You Eat Boiled Chicken and White Rice Everyday?

Jun 21, 2016, 9:24 AM

Just Joking!

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

seems a lot of folks are starved for attention...***

Jun 21, 2016, 9:17 AM

Re: New Story: Chrome helmets and uniform combinations: Would it really help?***

Jun 21, 2016, 9:18 AM

I personally liked the orange jersey with "purple britches"

Jun 21, 2016, 9:24 AM

Im all for keeping tradition but to mix the 3 colors we already have more wouldnt be a bad thing every once in a while. As one commentor said, the purple jersey with white pants would be great! Leave the helmets the same though.

vs. UGA ... throwback uni's ... 1995 I think ... horrendous***

Jun 21, 2016, 9:40 AM

i see no hurt in a one-off uniform once a year.

Jun 21, 2016, 10:01 AM

Here are my thoughts to why. I'd like to see one uniform change once a year for a lesser game, usually the first four games of the year what ever it may be. And it doesn't necessarily mean changing the shirt and pants. If it was Fan Appreciation day then do a kick-butt chrome helmet and keep standard white uniform. At the end of the game sell off the authentic and autographed helmet and give proceeds to charity. No harm no foul imo. I'd love to have a Dabo signed Chrome helmet worn by DW, wouldn't you?!!!!

And another thought I had, yeah the purple unis are diff. Not my fav on Military Appreciation Day especially when all the coaches are wearing Army pants. What I'd like to see is orange pants and Army/ Air Force shirt with matching helmet with all orange letters and paw. Again, sell helmets and donate proceeds to high schools with JROTC programs.

So what I'm proposing is two games a year with out-of-norm uniform changes. If I had to choose between the two I'd love to see the Army Air Force unis for simple fact that I'm very biased to the Air Force. For all other games keep the traditional unis, especially during ACC games and post season games.
Matt

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic