Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought the game at Wake Forest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I thought the game at Wake Forest

Sep 13, 2020, 12:02 PM

was perfectly fine without fans.

I wish Clemson would change its mind for next week.

Given that this is not likely, I hope all Clemson fans will strictly adhere to all of the precautions and protocols to prove my concerns invalid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought the game at Wake Forest

Sep 13, 2020, 12:10 PM

I disagree.I have relatives who live in North Carolina.
Now according to my relatives,none who are into college sports,but mostly pro,the Governor is a moron.
Besides,what made it worse was the group of students outside the stadium looking at the game on a big screen.
FSU/ Ga.Tech had them,and so did Notre Dame/Duke.So why not Wake/ Clemson?

I live in NC and can confirm your relatives are correct...

Sep 13, 2020, 12:20 PM

Governor Cooper is indeed a moron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I third this sentiment***

Sep 13, 2020, 12:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 12:18 PM

If you are scared stay home. Quit trying to tell people how to live their life

Sep 13, 2020, 12:28 PM

smoke,

For the umpteenth time, the consequences of the actions of the attendees will NOT be confined to them. Those consequences will ripple out into the community.

Oh so magically it will just transmit to those most at risk

Sep 13, 2020, 12:46 PM

Good common sense is all that is needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It makes me sick to my stomach what we have done

Sep 13, 2020, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the game at Wake Forest ]

to small businesses and people working very hard to make ends meet. I am fortunate that I was able to work this year and keep bills paid without having to burn through retirement savings because the government mandated that I could not open my business.

100s of people at the grocery store. OK
1000s of people protesting. OK

51 people outside in an area designed for 40,000. unsafe. OUTSIDE

Food vendors, tee-shirt vendors, parking lot owners, parking lot attendants, hotels, restaurants, people that work for hotels and restaurants, scalpers, police, security, ems and many others rely on events such as this to earn a living.

What is wrong with a common sense approach? Even at 25% capacity folks can earn some money.

When business is really bad and you can't make enough to live on and least you can earn a little to keep going until things get better. When everything is taken away from you in the name to protect someone else not only do you go bankrupt, you have to burn through your retirement until you can get a job.

We are going to run out of taxpayers...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of the governing types on the left don't seem to

Sep 13, 2020, 12:35 PM

understand your point that you actually need working folks to pay taxes, and you need folks that make more money because they pay MORE taxes. Printing money seems to be OK. And unfortunately the folks on the opposite side seem to warming up to that idea!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the game at Wake Forest ]

Must be nice to not know anyone elderly or with cancer, kidney issues, heart disease, diabetes or pretty much any auto-immune disease.

Those That Are Compromised Can Stay Home

Sep 13, 2020, 12:44 PM

Why deny everyone life blindly, we can manage this smartly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the game at Wake Forest ]

I’m type 1 diabetic and have been for 22 years. I would gladly open things back up right now. Don’t stay home on my behalf; but since you speak for all of us with auto-immune diseases, I guess I should shut my mouth and get back in line.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shut Down Grocery Stores Too

Sep 13, 2020, 12:43 PM

Fat Americans can survive w/o food. Gimme a break...people in stadium will be more removed from others than many other daily activities.

Stay home and stay safe.

Sep 13, 2020, 12:55 PM

Have everything you need delivered to your door. Or you can just blame football for spreading the virus while you shop at Wal Mart with everyone else. Besides which we all know that if a few thousand people showing up to a game and one of them has Covid then all of them will get it and all of them will have to hospitalized.

Let me ask you a question. Where have all the masks been when we have all of these immune compromised people? Have you been irresponsible this entire time for not wearing one or were they responsible for the amount of interaction with the general public? It’s a serious question that someone of your opinion about having fans at a football game needs to answer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic