Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This dang 1 day a week school is pissing me off
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 440

This dang 1 day a week school is pissing me off

Sep 1, 2020, 3:36 PM

Been doing school work all day with 4 kids. Earlier today I solved a pre algebra equation w one - then went over odds and evens w the twins. Next had an hour conference call while I told them all to go play in the creek.
Then they came back, had another call and I was literally flipping cheese quesadillas while on it for the starving kids. Now I’m going over the scientific method with my 6th grader. Most they can do themselves but still a pain all day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I can say is Good Luck. Our setup is 2 days a week at

Sep 1, 2020, 3:38 PM

school and the 9 year old does OK on her own, but the 7 year old and 5 year old just want to fuckaround all day long. Working from home ain't always easy.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6yo does Mon-Tues

12yo does Wed and Thurs. We're screwed Friday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really don’t think the teachers realize how stressful

This is for the younger kids

And for parents as well!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

goes a little both ways...

Sep 1, 2020, 3:40 PM

wife is a parent and a teacher. Stressful on both ends (although I typically am helping with the schoolwork

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh they know, it’s the admin that has no clue

Sep 1, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to I really don’t think the teachers realize how stressful ]

A lot of them are juggling the same thing at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

It starts from the top. Admin passes it to lower admin and

Sep 1, 2020, 3:45 PM

staff who pass it to teacehers who pass it to students who pass it to the parents. Everyone is stressed out about this. Truth is, we missed the last 3 months of last year and are probably going to get halfass school for the first half of this year (at least) and SOME kids are going to suffer greatly for it. Just keep in mind that some of these kids have zero support to help them. They will be lost in the shuffle.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps.

Sep 1, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to I really don’t think the teachers realize how stressful ]

Its not the Government's responsibility to babysit your kids.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My kids have been back in school full time since last monday

Sep 1, 2020, 3:45 PM

it's glorious.

I don't even care if we get COVID at this point.

Back in school full time?

Sep 1, 2020, 4:06 PM

I live in FL

Sep 1, 2020, 4:15 PM

First school quarantine happened at my kids school too.... so I fully expect to be back home with them again in under 2 weeks.

Oh

Sep 1, 2020, 4:19 PM

that explains a lot.

A bunch of moms around us hired a teacher for the days

Sep 1, 2020, 3:55 PM

the kids don't go to school. They have a group of 10-12 kids get together at one of the homes and they all just split the cost on the teacher. Pretty interesting concept.

It's like, did Greenville County not think stuff like that would happen? These kids aren't gonna sit in quarantine during their off days. So dumb.

Only got 1 in school, but all 3 go to daycare

Sep 1, 2020, 3:57 PM

They help with their schooling there. Granted that's only 3 days a week butt still.

My dog was farting this morning sleeping under my feet

Sep 1, 2020, 4:23 PM

and then he started growling like he was in a fight.

Musta been a bad dream.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now, I want you to close your eyes, and focus. Try to

Sep 1, 2020, 4:25 PM

imagine, if you will: Day 100 of this.

You're welcome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 440
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic