Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Article 1, Section 8, Clause 7 of the Constitution
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 729

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 7 of the Constitution

Aug 25, 2020, 2:00 PM

Establishes the Postal Service. It is one of the few govt. services enshrined in the Constitution.

It the House hearing yesterday, Postmaster General Dejoy stated in frustration "Am I the only one here

that see's the $10 Billion Postal Service Deficit?

In fact, he may have been. What he doesn't understand is that the Postal Service is not a business.

Nowhere is it written into law that it must make a profit or even break even.

HUD doesn't make a profit, HHS doesnt...nor most other service agencies operating within our Govt.

In fact, USPS is one of the few, if not the only govt. service that actually supports most of it's own

costs through sales of it's services.

Put another way, in a year the USPS, which employees approx. 600,000 people delivered mail to every address in the country, 6 days a week...for only $10 Billion.

That's $7.5 Billion less than the development and building of a single Gerald R. Ford class aircraft carrier.

So, why the rush, right before an election, to make changes to the USPS. Over 600 high-speed mail sorters have been taken out of service. Why?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? Because Democrats are trying to steal the election.

Aug 25, 2020, 2:02 PM

That's why!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article 1, Section 8, Clause 7 of the Constitution

Aug 25, 2020, 2:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Postman Author David Brin is a fun read

Aug 25, 2020, 2:43 PM

can explain this better than anyone, lol

http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/2020/08/the-postman-speaks-save-post-office.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Careful

Aug 25, 2020, 2:06 PM

Careful, you make too much sense for many people on this board. Most of those who will attack you or your post will not even have read the Constitution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you should read clause 7. Apparently Felix did not.***

Aug 25, 2020, 5:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stop delivering on Saturday

Aug 25, 2020, 2:10 PM

save some money that way

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: stop delivering on Saturday

Aug 25, 2020, 7:34 PM

charge companies like amazon, walmart, UPS, FedEx the actual cost

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your selective questions....I'll selectively answer..

Aug 25, 2020, 2:33 PM

Why are 671 sorters being removed, right before an election? Well, they were slated to be removed well before any of this political non-sense started. They were planned to be removed.

Those 671 machines are capable of sorting a total 21,400,000 pieces of mail per hour. Which is roughly 10% of total sorting capacity.

The Post Office averages about 500 Million letters per day. That's only ~30% their total sorting capacity.

In 2018 they removed 125 machines. In 2019, another 186 machines. In 2020, they planned on 671.

Meanwhile, package delivery is up so they are transitioning to accommodate packages.

If you ran a a business and had tons of letter sorting machines around operating at 30% capacity and a booming package business with inadequate sorting, what would you do?

Exactly.

This is a non-issue. Just politicized by people who have no ####### clue what's going on.

Re: I like your selective questions....I'll selectively answer..

Aug 25, 2020, 2:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but...

Aug 25, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to I like your selective questions....I'll selectively answer.. ]

"To establish Post Offices and post Roads"

Seems pretty specific to me. I wish constitutional scholars would quit debating what this means.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the People's right to Post Offices shall not be infringed!

Aug 25, 2020, 4:20 PM

for years we've heard of the impending death of the post office due to email and people not writing letters any more. all we get is junk mail.

but now, all of a sudden, it's as important as the snail darter and the spotted owl and must be saved! it's very, VERY, important this year that we all get mailed ballots. for some reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oh ####!!84!!***

Aug 25, 2020, 4:47 PM [ in reply to I like your selective questions....I'll selectively answer.. ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

####, you got a thumbs down also...nice***

Aug 25, 2020, 4:49 PM [ in reply to I like your selective questions....I'll selectively answer.. ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I liked your post, but the last sentence/question

Aug 25, 2020, 2:47 PM

doesn't seem to fit the rest of it.

I agree that if the USPS needs funding to function better, it should get that funding, as it is a very important government service.

But that doesn't have anything to do with this uproar about recent changes. I tend to think that's being overblown for political purposes.

Everyone should just calm down. If USPS needs extra money to help with moving election mail, then hopefully that can pass Congress. There's no need to overreact to everything the USPS has done recently.

Perhaps you don't utilize the USPS for much, but there has

Aug 25, 2020, 5:05 PM

been a very noticeable and extreme slowdown of all mail since DeJoy moved in. While sorting machines and mail boxes may have been removed in the past and under other Admins, none of this ever affected the service to an extent this negative, at least not in my lifetime.

There is no speculation as to the negative impacts this has had on service. It's been significant, and harmful to many citizens and businesses. What is worthy of speculation is why, how, and who is involved. Considering the POTUS' disdain over mail-in voting and subsequent statements on funding being related, it should be expected.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 3:10 PM

Where do you get the $10 billion number?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 4:53 PM

Whoever you copied that from, can't even get the $10 billion number right. Its way off.

AND Article 1, Section 8, Clause 8 of the Constitution

Aug 25, 2020, 4:14 PM

establishes the Patent and Copyright Offices. Thank you Founder$$$$$$$$$$$$$

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USPTO actually takes in MORE in fees than it spends

Aug 25, 2020, 4:16 PM

patents = profit

HTH

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 4:50 PM

So who took those sorters out of service, Felix? And what president confiscated thousands of mail boxes? You know, the ones shown at the DNC clown show last week, that they blamed on Trump.

Why are you always behind the news cycles?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 6:56 PM

Is it being dis-established?

Also, the constitution doesn’t specify how vast it has to be. One small shack and a single employee passes the test.

Replies: 21
| visibility 729
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic