Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Instead of playing for The Hardee's Trophy,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,466

Instead of playing for The Hardee's Trophy,

Nov 22, 2013, 5:19 PM

SC and Clemson should play for something a bit more relevant to the state.

I recommend playing for The Moultrie Flag, our first State Battle Flag, raised on June 28, 1776 at Fort Sullivan (now Fort Moultrie) in the successful defense of Charleston Harbor. First time the British Navy lost a battle in 100 years.

The previous year's winners could run onto the field trailing the flag before the game, then the winners could run amok with it afterwards.
Ideas?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moultrie_Flag

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Instead of playing for The Hardee's Trophy,

Nov 22, 2013, 5:20 PM

Biscuit Bowl

Nov 22, 2013, 8:07 PM

loser has to eat the biscuit.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can you get Hardees to pay for it

Nov 22, 2013, 5:33 PM

it's a done deal

Unless you've got the samoleans to sponsor the tigerberg Moutrie Flag state championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I can't do such things, but love the name!***

Nov 22, 2013, 5:54 PM

I like the idea of the two idenitcal

Nov 22, 2013, 5:34 PM

bronze Palmetto trees, one at each stadium. With a detachable "crescent" (gorget) that stays with the current winner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i originally liked that idea, but after i thought about it,

Nov 22, 2013, 6:38 PM

the more i thought that usuc would use that as an recruiting ploy, kinda along the lines of " look, we've got a beautiful campus, palmetto tree and all, just like that campus in the upstate that is always amongst,if not the, nicest in the land" most of the potential players wouldn't recognize the singular version of what the recruiter is saying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to the idea...

Nov 22, 2013, 7:18 PM [ in reply to I like the idea of the two idenitcal ]

admittedly, I hate it's origin, but a really solid idea. Wish it would gain traction.

http://thoughtfulgamecock.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/a-proposal-for-the-carolinaclemson-rivalry/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its now commonly being called The State Championship

Nov 22, 2013, 5:35 PM

I like those ideas though

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: Its now commonly being called The State Championship

Nov 22, 2013, 5:39 PM

Meh. Who cares about trophies? The tears of all the chicken fans are trophy enough for me. Just win the game tigers.

Agreed

Nov 22, 2013, 6:07 PM

Win the game Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its now commonly being called The State Championship

Nov 22, 2013, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Its now commonly being called The State Championship ]

The game itself is known by that name, along with "Palmetto Bowl," "Battle for the Palmetto State" and of course "Chicken-kickin'" ;)

But I think we're talking about the actual, physical trophy that is passed between the 2 teams. Surely we could come up with something better than a nondescript bronze football named after a fast-food restaurant?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson-USCjr is certainly one of the best college rivalries

Nov 22, 2013, 5:43 PM

and yet we're stuck with the Hardee's trophy, probably the worst rivalry trophy ever. We can do better! The Moultrie Flag idea sounds great, or something palmetto- or peach-related. We all know SC is the real Peach State, after all. **** Georgia..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2013, 6:25 PM

Didn't we quit beating them about the time they quit selling fried chicken? Irony is so ironic.

we have never quit beating them, we were just taking a break

Nov 22, 2013, 6:39 PM

don't forget that. break's over next week!

Even Pitchfork Ben needed a vacation every so often.***

Nov 22, 2013, 7:15 PM

The reason for The Moultrie Flag as opposed to

Nov 22, 2013, 7:59 PM

The SC State Flag is that the State Flag was first introduced by flying it over Fort Sumter on April 14, 1861. The obvious political/racial concerns are eliminated by going back to Revolutionary War Era Moultrie Flag.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,466
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic