Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chantix update.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 241

Chantix update.

Nov 19, 2019, 6:59 AM

I reduced tobacco use to half and the Chantix dreams were better than without the drug. Unfortunately, I had to quit the meds. I suspect it was effing with my head and tried to make sure it wasn't just the reduction of nicotine creating the problem.

Anyway, I'm still committed to reducing the tobacco use until it's low enough to quit without committing a murder or something. Anyone want to hold my guns until I'm safe again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep it up!

Nov 19, 2019, 7:07 AM

We’re all rooting for you CT1988, you’ve got this!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Not gonna lie

Nov 19, 2019, 7:39 AM

I haven't really been following these, and the search function don't work...but where did you start and where you at now?

I was going through two logs of copenhagen a week. I'm down to a can a week by only putting one in on my way to work and on my way home. My wife thinks I quit, so I have to deal with that, but going from having a dip in pretty much every minute of my time awake, to twice a day seems like a win in and of itsself.

My problem is I can't just not do anything when I'm sitting in traffic. Sunflower seeds and chewing gum (non-nicotine) have worked well, but it's just not the same.

I quit once about three years ago. Wife and I went on a 2 week trip overseas, and I didn't bring any. When I came home, I had no desire to dip anymore. Started back up when working on a construction job site...everyone always had a lip in, and somehow got hooked again.

For me, it seems to be more of a boredom thing then a nicotine thing, but idk. I really don't want to take any drugs

Chantix screws with your head.

Nov 19, 2019, 7:47 AM

Many complain about bad dreams. I had bad dreams before the chantix and some really good dreams after taking it for a few days. I cut tobacco use in half the first week. I used one tin of red seal in three days originally. Now I'm getting six days out of one container and I have 3+ containers left.

During the third week when the dose doubled the second time it started messing with my mind. I also had the project car issue which confounded me to no end due to weather conflict so I quit the medication since it was the only thing I could change.

I intend to continue cutting snuff in half but being dormant due to weather will make it tougher. I'm thinking I may go to Tube Rose, the fine powder after the hard stuff is gone. Tube Rose is what the old women used when I was a child. It's ultra mild and last forever.

It takes a plan and that's about all I have left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yikes - considering I also ran out of pot last week

Nov 19, 2019, 7:54 AM

i'm having some horrible ####### dreams as it is...can't take anymore :)

but good stuff man, keep it up! it's a ##### to quit, and for me it's been moreso the habit then the effect it seems.

I think once I finish this move, and my commute is cut by an hour each way, it'll be easier to knock off this last can.

Drinking beer is good to do when stuck in traffic***

Nov 19, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Not gonna lie ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like brown liquor for that.***

Nov 19, 2019, 6:42 PM

Replies: 6
| visibility 241
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic