Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson in Top 10 of Lindy's Preseason CFB rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson in Top 10 of Lindy's Preseason CFB rankings

Jul 20, 2017, 12:13 PM

Clemson in Top 10 of Lindy's Preseason CFB rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson in Top 10 of Lindy's Preseason CFB rankings

Jul 20, 2017, 12:39 PM

This is obsurd. Clemson is doubted every stinking pre season while the likes of Georgia and Auburn always get the benefit of the doubt even after doing nothing of any significance last year (or the yr before that). Ticks me off...

Seems about right.

Jul 20, 2017, 1:42 PM

We lost the Best QB in the nation and a ton of Offense.
We have basically an unknown QB situation.
Yes we have the D and a ton of skill players coming back but I think with the above we have to prove to the nation that we deserve a higher rank.
Beat Auburn and FSU and I see us at #1 again.

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bingo...gotta realize

Jul 20, 2017, 2:28 PM

that our D has proven it can reload after losing talent, but the offense has never lost as much as it did this time...the main 1st round Heisman finalist QB (and 2 time Davey O' Brien winner), its main production RB, its main production TE, and a 1st round WR all in one swoop. The team now has to prove it can reload on offense like BV and the defense has proven. The next 2 years will go into proving that. But until that is seen, there is easily going to be some concern and it will drop initial pre-season spots. As long as we are in the top 6-10 when season starts, we are in good shape.

Re: FB Update: Clemson in Top 10 of Lindy's Preseason CFB rankings***

Jul 20, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson in Top 10 of Lindy's Preseason CFB rankings ]

Jul 20, 2017, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson in Top 10 of Lindy's Preseason CFB rankings ]

Relax. Remember, the preview magazines are often wrong. They offer good analyses, but lousy prognostications.

Awesome

Jul 20, 2017, 12:53 PM

I like the fact that we beat 5 of those top 13 teams last year (and 3 of the top 4). I appreciate the opportunity to be able to operate from the underdog position so that we can have that narrative mid-season around "Why did we under-rate Clemson?"

None of it matters, though, other than providing some motivation for the team. Clemson needs to beat FSU and L'ville to play in the ACC Championship. That's what it takes to make the CFP. I'm optimistic about our chances this year of making that Top 4 in December.

One thing is for certain: Nobody is going to take Clemson lightly. We're loaded and have a good chance of going undefeated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like being underrated.

Jul 20, 2017, 1:47 PM

I said on here yesterday that we will sneak up on people in terms of expectations. Yes we will have the same target on our back that's been there for years but teams are going to be overconfident when they line up against us. We've had several teams (Miami, ND, OK, ect) do this to us over the years only to give our talented guys extra motivation to set them in their place.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like being underrated.

Jul 20, 2017, 4:41 PM

Clemson certainly set the Hairycanes and the NotSoonersEnough in their place. The Truculent Leprechauns? I'd say the Tigers wet them in their place. :)

BTW

Jul 20, 2017, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Awesome ]

I believe we make examples out of Louisville and NC St this year. SC will get their thrashing again as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BTW

Jul 20, 2017, 3:14 PM

My crystal ball says 45-2, Tigers.

Re: Awesome

Jul 20, 2017, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Awesome ]

I like the way you think! :)

The only one that really bothers me is OK ST. They are

Jul 20, 2017, 1:39 PM

really, really trendy this year, and none of the metrics really back it up at all. They are 22nd in the preseason S&P+ projections, and 26th in FPI. That's a far cry from the top 10 or even 5 rankings I've seen many journalists and preseason publications giving them. They might be a legit contender to win the Big XII, but I don't think that carries a great deal of weight these days.

Re: The only one that really bothers me is OK ST. They are

Jul 20, 2017, 2:19 PM

Totally agree. I've been wondering why all the hype surrounding them this year, other than a good QB and WR. I'll see them first hand in Morgantown this year, actually. By the way, Cubs are making a move ;)

Re: The only one that really bothers me is OK ST. They are

Jul 20, 2017, 3:15 PM [ in reply to The only one that really bothers me is OK ST. They are ]

The cowpokes are not a great defensive team. Like a baseball team that scores scads of runs, but has mediocre pitiching.

Jul 20, 2017, 2:01 PM

I keep seeing USF pop up in top 20's and someone had them in the final 4. Take a look at that cupcake schedule and tell me that any team of consequence couldn't just SHOW UP and win 11 games. With their SOS they shouldn't be here with the "big boys".

There's no reason they can't be a top 20 team.***

Jul 20, 2017, 3:14 PM

Jul 20, 2017, 2:01 PM

I don't put much stock in a poll that has Oklahoma State 5th in the country.

It's Gundy's turn.***

Jul 20, 2017, 2:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Gundy doesn't have a top 5 team, but he does have a

Jul 20, 2017, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson in Top 10 of Lindy's Preseason CFB rankings ]

top 5 mullet.

Re: Gundy doesn't have a top 5 team, but he does have a

Jul 21, 2017, 9:22 AM

That mullet also leads preseason for the Hairsman ...the prestigious award given every year to Mike Gundy until he cuts it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Do we pay these guys to keep putting a chip on our shoulder?

Jul 20, 2017, 7:43 PM

Or do they do it out of the kindness of their hearts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Jul 21, 2017, 8:27 AM

We'll climb the list fast with Auburn and Louisville early. No 1 likely won't happen until the Tide loses, which could happen on the first game.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If FSU beats Alabama, FSU will be #1***

Jul 21, 2017, 9:22 AM

Jul 21, 2017, 9:20 AM

A top 10 ranking isn't so nad , and if it were a little lower it wouldn't bother me knowing that Dabo and the team need to use any motivation they can get now sitting atop the CFB landscape as we are .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Shouldn't South Cootlina....

Jul 21, 2017, 10:15 AM

Be ranked #8 since we weren't that much better than them last year...at least according to Jake from "The State Farm " .

Re: Shouldn't South Cootlina....

Jul 21, 2017, 1:17 PM

Jake Fromm State Farm plays for UGA

Not shocking. OSU haha but Boise St? Eyeroll***

Jul 21, 2017, 3:25 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic