Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit

Dec 24, 2017, 6:02 PM

wins is a lock!

I know it’s not smart to assume anything, but here goes.

Definite wins:

Furman
Ga Southern
Duke
NC St (they lose too many players)
Syracuse
USUx (one for the thumb and at home)
Louisville (Jackson is gone)
Ga Tech (Coach V has their number)

Should win:

Boston College (up there but still feel good about)
Texas A&M (away game but it’s early in the year and Jimbo will not have had time to be their savior yet)

Only game I worry about:

FSU (playing there, they have talent, and they have a major revenge problem)

What concerns me is the ACC Atlantic is like the SEC West. It’s just as hard to win your division as it is your conference championship. Alabama did not even get to their conference championship this year and, should we not beat FSU next year the same could happen to us.

Your thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat Bama

Dec 24, 2017, 6:05 PM

Play in Atlanta

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit

Dec 24, 2017, 6:13 PM

Lol. Uh no. The ACC Atlantic is nothing like the SEC west.

Clemson is the only good team in the ACC.

you would thing UGA played in the west

Dec 24, 2017, 6:18 PM

get ready to be exposed if you're lucky enough to get there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2017, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

Lol, Who is good in the SEC West besides Alabama ? Auburn lost to us, LSU and got run out of the building by You leg humpers. LSU lost to freaking Troy. Mississippi State sucks.

Sorry, the days of pounding the SEC chest and calling the ACC weak are over, the ACC owns the SEC during rivalry week the last three years.

Dec 24, 2017, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

Lol, Who is good in the SEC West besides Alabama ? Auburn lost to us, LSU and got run out of the building by You leg humpers. LSU lost to freaking Troy. Mississippi State sucks.

Sorry, the days of pounding the SEC chest and calling the ACC weak are over, the ACC owns the SEC during rivalry week the last three years.

You nailed it. These SEC homers think of

Dec 25, 2017, 12:25 PM

conference school names in their minds and picture things of years gone by. Then they throw it up on message boards and whatnot, and actually convince themselves they are all still the same juggernauts of whatever long-ago memory they can find.

LOL, stupid dawg been sniffing too many butts. The SEC Least must just

Dec 24, 2017, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

breed idiots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 24, 2017, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

And you think that’s a profound statement?? Alabama had a one game season and (uh) lost that game. The SEC is no different than the ACC bruh

Dec 24, 2017, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

ACC is 23-18 overall against the SEC in the CFB Playoff era ( 2014-2017 ) .
The ACC is 2-1 vs the SEC west in the CFB Playoff Championship Game .
I know the west was your go-to bracket , and that's probably because in the CFB playoff era ( 2014-2017 ) against the SECleast in its 4 rivalry game series ....well , the COOTS/GATORS/DAWGS and WILDCATS have been soundly dominated by their ACC counterparts .
The days of the SEC almighty have gone away coot , and without Alabama there just isn't currently anybody in that conference that other teams don't wanna play .
Heck , after Clemson waxes dat ### again in a week , they'll probably all be hoping Jawja loses to Oklahoma so we don't get to spank the top 2 SEC teams in back to back games , for Another Clemson Championship .

Coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Now that's a good post right there. Mr wooten

Dec 24, 2017, 11:03 PM

is kind of slow, to put it kindly. I've known small children with more sense than that fella. His elevator stops a few floors short of the top floor.

I like a good swingin'

Dec 25, 2017, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

after the horse has been spanked...

-Tesla, PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Dec 24, 2017, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

ACC is 23-18 overall against the SEC in the CFB Playoff era ( 2014-2017 ) .
The ACC is 2-1 vs the SEC west in the CFB Playoff Championship Game .
I know the west was your go-to bracket , and that's probably because in the CFB playoff era ( 2014-2017 ) against the SECleast in its 4 rivalry game series ....well , the COOTS/GATORS/DAWGS and WILDCATS have been soundly dominated by their ACC counterparts .
The days of the SEC almighty have gone away coot , and without Alabama there just isn't currently anybody in that conference that other teams don't wanna play .
Heck , after Clemson waxes dat ### again in a week , they'll probably all be hoping Jawja loses to Oklahoma so we don't get to spank the top 2 SEC teams in back to back games , for Another Clemson Championship .

Coot.

DB23

Wooten has gotten into the SEC koolaid!***

Dec 24, 2017, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

> Lol. Uh no. The ACC Atlantic is nothing like the SEC
> west.
>
> Clemson is the only good team in the ACC.

You're preaching to the choir brother!

Dec 25, 2017, 12:51 PM

Fellow idiots?

Dec 25, 2017, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

That coming from a d u m b a s s leg humper who played is what has been ranked as the worst conf division of the P5s the past two years, where the #2 team in the division won exactly 2 games against P5 teams with a winning record this year.

Please tell me more about the ACC Atlantic vs SEC Least divisions a s s sniffer.

Dec 25, 2017, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

You're right. The ACC Atlantic is nothing like the SEC West.

It is far superior.

I would compare the SEC West to the Big East. A bunch of ###### teams with 1 good one (Alabama)

SEC East is more like the Sun Belt.

Precedent has been set by CFP Committee!

Dec 24, 2017, 6:16 PM

Have no losses under your secanario and FSU does beat us. FSU goes to ACCCG and loses to (Miami? VA Tec?). We stay home from ACCCG and heal up. We should still manage to slide in to the #4 spot despite having no division or conference title. It’s black letter law established under the SSS*. Enforceable in the US 9th Circuit.

* Sabin Special xSeption!

+1 for the 9th circuit***

Dec 24, 2017, 6:18 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post. Did not think lf that.***

Dec 24, 2017, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Precedent has been set by CFP Committee! ]

Did Wake drop football?***

Dec 24, 2017, 6:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Texas kin, many of whom are A&M alumni, don't

Dec 24, 2017, 7:18 PM

think they'll have much of a chance against us.

And I really see no problem with B.C. That leaves FSU....We will beat them again.

Hence, I fully expect a fourth CFP appearance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Texas kin, many of whom are A&M alumni, don't

Dec 24, 2017, 7:29 PM

The "revenge" factor has already been debunked. Revenge motivation lasts about one series until the popping of the pads start. FSU, I'm not worried about. Taggert was NOT a great coach to hire down in Tallahassee. Just my opinion mind you.,

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2017, 7:30 PM

Hard to imagine we won't be favored in every game.

Jimbo had enough trouble with us when he had FSU talent- not going to beat us with what he has at TAMU.

FSU gets their QB back but that wasn't their only problem this season. Add that disarray to a new system and they're not going to be ready for prime-time.

Compared to other recent years, our losses to the league will be better covered by current and incoming depth. Barring injury and maybe even with injury to Bryant, we should run the table.

It should be our easiest season in a while.

Dec 24, 2017, 8:53 PM

Which scares me.

Re: It should be our easiest season in a while.

Dec 24, 2017, 9:12 PM

Wow, if that schedule plays out as it looks today, we get to be tagged as next year’s Wisconsin. I’ll take it, but it will be aggravating to listen to the media down the home stretch.

Re: It should be our easiest season in a while.

Dec 25, 2017, 9:26 AM

We are an elite , whether the " media " admits to it or not . The coaches that face us know it . They have to shake Dabo's hand after he has punctuated it on the field . Clemson is top tier right now , period . The record and the fields strewn with victim's provides the necessary evidence to conclude it as fact .

Wisconsin is NC State . They're Va Tech . Decent , not great but pretty solid .

Clemson won't be on top forever , but right now teams like a Wisconsin or a Georgia or Penn State or Miami or an Auburn are looking up at our position .

DB23

Beat Bama

Dec 24, 2017, 10:43 PM

One game at a time.
One season at a time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 9:15 AM

If that was The Citadels schedule....theyd feel exactly the same.

Dec 25, 2017, 9:32 AM

Brother , when your non-conference heavyweight is GT ...you don't crowd around the dining room table .
Let the adults talk .

DB23

You reckon you could go into Blacksburg

Dec 25, 2017, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

and win? Just as an example?

Re: You reckon you could go into Blacksburg

Dec 25, 2017, 12:58 PM

Been there done that! Got two t-shirts to prove it!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking at next year’s schedule I think double digit ]

And the dumb a s s e d ness continues.

Why is that not surprising considering this is the first time in 35 years you have actually been in the running.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic