Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Shadell Bell senior highlights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Shadell Bell senior highlights

Nov 20, 2014, 6:47 PM

WATCH: Shadell Bell senior highlights

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Shadell Bell senior highlights

Nov 20, 2014, 7:13 PM

I realize he has struggled with injury this season, but he doesn't seem terribly athletic. He actually looks like a better defender than a WR. Maybe the staff thinks he can grow into a TE. Anyone have local knowledge on this kid?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 8:16 PM

He looks like he fits our slot receiver mold. He doesn't have the speed to play outside nor the bulk to play
te. He has good "3rd down" hands and is willing to block downfield.

Nov 20, 2014, 8:18 PM

Agreed. Jaron Brown type.

Nov 20, 2014, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Shadell Bell senior highlights ]

A physical WR with reliable hands who isn't afraid to go into the middle of the field is pretty valuable to a pass-first spread like ours. The short routes are just as important as the long ones.

Nov 20, 2014, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Shadell Bell senior highlights ]

have no idea what you are talking about, he looks like a college ready receiver that does a lot of things really well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 9:22 PM

He is not "a college ready receiver". Will be a depth guy/project

Nov 20, 2014, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: WATCH: Shadell Bell senior highlights ]

Had a chance to see him play about a month ago...looked pretty limited to me and couldn't really open it up...really good hands though and can block..good pick up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 20, 2014, 10:53 PM

He's been dealing with hamstring injuries all year, so that's probably part of it. Never been especially impressed with any aspect of his game though. May just wind up as a depth/special teams guy.

Nov 20, 2014, 10:41 PM

Hands look good for solid slot/possession receiver potential. Main thing I noticed from this bit of film was very weak acceleration and initial quickness. Can't tell much though from one highlight film though.

Nov 21, 2014, 8:32 AM

If it's not Cole Stoudt you guys b!tch about its one of our recruits?!?! You guys are starting to sound like bandwagon coots more and more each day. Tighten the fû?k up and support our Tiger's regardless of their weaknesses/shortcomings or in this case injuries. He's got automatic hands and a great downfield blocker. He does a lot of things well at the high school level. He has battled injuries all year but being 6'3 with hands like that, he doesn't have to have blazing speed...aka Adam Humphries. He will develop his route running ability and I see him as a great slot, if not, a great TE. He has the frame to put on weight and looks very disciplined on D. GO TIGERS!!!

Jan 5, 2015, 11:31 AM

I think he looks like a great possesion reciever. Welcome aboard Shadell!

I think he could play in multiple positions. WR, DE, Safety or TE. Their is no doubt he is very athletic.
He looks like Hopkins did his senior year.

I think Dabo will find the best position for his talents! I'm thankful he chose us!!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I like Shadell Bell alot

Jan 5, 2015, 12:06 PM

Big, physical receiver that is an excellent blocker, good hands and seems to love mixing it up with DBs. All our receivers can't be 6'3, 200 and run a 4.4 40. It would be like fielding a DLine with all Vic Beasley types. Teams would all over us. Gotta have guys with different skill sets. It's not a video game. Sheesh!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic