Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like Monte
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,148

I like Monte

Mar 18, 2018, 3:48 PM

But the game should never be left up to Jordan Greene. Bottom line, NCST hit the baseball this weekend and we didn’t. Can’t dwell on the “sweep.” Will most likely be meaningless come post season play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like Monte

Mar 18, 2018, 3:51 PM

Yeah but it still hurts my feelings! I had expected a little more this year. Bats are not on fire like I had hoped. Maybe they get it together second half of season.

I didn't have an issue with Greene batting. I had an issue

Mar 18, 2018, 3:58 PM

with him swinging on 3-1 though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't have an issue with Greene batting. I had an issue

Mar 18, 2018, 4:02 PM

Evidence to why I didn’t like him batting with the game on the line. He’s easily the worst batter (non pitcher) on the roster. I obviously yield to Monte’s judgement but that was definitely a head scratcher.

Re: I didn't have an issue with Greene batting. I had an issue

Mar 18, 2018, 4:08 PM

At this point there's nobody in that spot, or coming off the bench that I'd want up. I think he went with him because Greene has some ABs under is belt from last season.

The real head scratcher for me this weekend was bunting Byrd in the 2nd inning with 2 men on, 0 outs. Byrd went 5-11 this weekend and he chose to give up an out when the pitcher was wild. I didn't get it. We should've played for a big inning.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2018, 4:04 PM

Hey,

Sometimes you need to fall on your butt to drive the point home.

We can all argue about how this fully exposed the squad, that this was just a fluke, etc, but I think we should all pull back and wait to see how this team is going to define this season.

DW4 lost to Pitt but won a National Championship

The basketball squad lost a Senior that a lot of posters thought was going to send us back to the NIT or CBA invitational...but have a good shot of getting to the Sweet 16!

This baseball team for Clemson may NOT be elite and could be JUST good enough for a regional-to-super regional run...but lets let them define it for us instead of proclaiming them after getting sweeped.

Too many people wanna be right about how this or that is gonna cost us. Well, congrats! You were right about something, but what is the satisfaction in being right on about an error or flaw that coaches have probably tried to fix? Nothing, imo but you guise can keep pointing it out while I rock Orange and Purple Clemson gear in public saying I root for the best team in South Carolina!

We are in some good times for Clemson Sports! How many programs can claim to have a ranked team in the big 3 sports (at least in the south)?!?!?

We are reaching that level, ladies and gentleman, not only as a University but as a College Sports Powerhouse Program!

Go Tigers! #ClemsonGrit

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2018, 4:06 PM

Jesus.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,148
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic