Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like Coach K a little better now...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 4,416

I like Coach K a little better now...

Apr 11, 2015, 12:32 AM

http://conservativetribune.com/coach-says-this-about-obama/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after reading that

Apr 11, 2015, 12:55 AM

I like him a little less.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, the Beatles reference in your name kind of

Apr 11, 2015, 7:25 AM

gives away your leanings. His point is a very elementary one that our POTUS has still not grasped. You don't show your play book to the other team. Maybe if he was a competitor at something other than bracket challenges, he would know this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, the Beatles reference in your name kind of

Apr 11, 2015, 8:09 AM

I think people who have no knowledge about military warfare make the decisons and that is why Obama and his strong military background knows what to do.........what....what..... he did NOT serve? Coach K served this country with honor during Vietnam and I think he has more room to give opinions than some Hollywood actor por actress who have no idea.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Apr 12, 2015, 10:39 AM

"After that, the boy who never wanted to be a soldier was granted his wish, more or less. While many of his classmates were serving in Vietnam, he spent three years coaching military basketball teams, then two years as the coach at a military prep school in Virginia. Capt. Michael William Krzyzewski then resigned his military commission, worked for one year as a graduate assistant to Knight (who had taken over at Indiana) and then — without ever having served as a full-fledged assistant coach in college — accepted a job as head coach back at West Point."

Yes he went to West Point.
Yes he coached soldiers.

Apr 12, 2015, 10:13 PM

That he held a job period is more than the inept cockroach can claim. Community agitator in the worst place in the country isn't something to brag about

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sheesh! He, like all others serving went where

Apr 12, 2015, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, the Beatles reference in your name kind of ]

the Army sent him. Get it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Conservatives don't like the Beatles? Who knew?***

Apr 11, 2015, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Yeah, the Beatles reference in your name kind of ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because? Coach K has wise and thoughtful critiques?

Apr 11, 2015, 1:12 PM [ in reply to after reading that ]

I know. Some people can't handle their guy being criticized.

Barry ain't "my" guy. But was your guy G.W.?

Apr 11, 2015, 1:18 PM

Because Barry is doing a better job running the country than George. Even though Barry's skin tone is offensive to some, he is being more productive than his predecessor. Maybe slowly.. but surely he's digging us out of the mess George left us in, And yeh, it takes money to fix the mess. I mean since you're speaking of facts and all. Or maybe you're just jaded by his party affiliation and skin tone?

Re: Barry ain't "my" guy. But was your guy G.W.?

Apr 11, 2015, 1:38 PM

Took how long for someone to bring up race for zero reason at all?

Typical lib.

When in doubt just call others racist.

LOL. I'm not a lib.

Apr 12, 2015, 11:50 AM

And his race is MOST DEFINITELY an issue with a lot of people. You would have to be some sort of an idiot to not see that.

And what's up with calling someone a "lib" just because they state a couple facts about the guy you apparently don't like for unknown reasons?

You reckon you made one or three really bad assumptions there?

Re: LOL. I'm not a lib.

Apr 12, 2015, 10:15 PM

The idiot is half white also. Many fools voted for him simply because of his black half thinking he would help race relations further. My bad, the jokes on them he took race relations back to worse than the 50's.

Obama's skin tone is irrelevant to me as is his party affiliation.

Apr 11, 2015, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Barry ain't "my" guy. But was your guy G.W.? ]

It's military/sports strategy. You don't tell your enemy/slash opponent what you're going to do. Terror groups don't say what they plan to do. Why? Because it keeps us guessing and in fear.

Why is it offensive to state a fact?

Geez people. CTFD.

I'm sorry but

Apr 12, 2015, 11:52 AM

what were the facts again? Read it all a couple times and really all I see are couple unfounded, biased opinions. And you did think GW was awesome, didn't you?

Re: after reading that

Apr 12, 2015, 10:49 PM [ in reply to after reading that ]

Big Bird. You are leaning the wrong way dude. Dang I thought I taught you better than that. Peace

Re: I like Coach K a little better now...

Apr 11, 2015, 11:53 AM

I like how Coach K can succeed while having one of the worst stadiums in the conference.

huh?***

Apr 11, 2015, 11:56 AM

Wonder if we would show the same support they get

Apr 12, 2015, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I like Coach K a little better now... ]

Stadiums and arenas are secondary if you have kind of support. I love Cameron. It's size is perfect. It's loud, obnoxious, and intimidating. If they ever build another somewhere it would be the end of Duke bball.

Apr 11, 2015, 11:55 AM

good to know we can look to the man for foreign policy advice, maybe he will let Obama coach a few games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes.***

Apr 11, 2015, 11:57 AM

It's military strategy bro, old as Sun Tzu.

Apr 11, 2015, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I like Coach K a little better now... ]

You think Dabo ought to tell every team we play what plays we will use?

(Coach K has far more military experience than the current POTUS.)

Re: It's military strategy bro, old as Sun Tzu.

Apr 11, 2015, 1:39 PM

Sorry, I missed the last pentagon briefing, maybe you or the Army Chaplin can fill me in.

I'm thinking Coach K was there.***

Apr 11, 2015, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you serious Clark?

Apr 11, 2015, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: It's military strategy bro, old as Sun Tzu. ]

It's cloat and dagger. The dagger is ineffective without the cloak. I'm sure the pentagon advised the President against boots on the ground.

Stating the policy publically is pure PR and limits the effectiveness of the current strategy.

Re: Are you serious Clark?

Apr 11, 2015, 2:26 PM

cloaks and daggers, I did not consider them.

No, he doesn't. Coach K was in the Army and stationed in

Apr 11, 2015, 1:40 PM [ in reply to It's military strategy bro, old as Sun Tzu. ]

South Korea during peace time. You could have made that claim 6 years ago. Obama has spent more than 6 years as CIC with various wars going on.

I like Coach K but most Americans aren't going to stand for more boots on the ground when we've had thousands come home in body bags and tens of thousands come home wounded and with other psychiatric injuries in two wars that did absolutely no good in the region.

you Completely Missed The Point

Apr 11, 2015, 1:46 PM

It isn't about whether you put troops on the ground or not. Its the perception of whether you could or not. BO has taken the potential away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why has the potential been taken away?***

Apr 11, 2015, 1:48 PM

And I think you and K miss the point. Just because he

Apr 11, 2015, 1:52 PM [ in reply to you Completely Missed The Point ]

sez he's not going to use ground troops doesn't mean he's not. It's simple minded to believe otherwise. I don't want him to do it but by saying he's not, the threat doesn't go away unless you think politicians tell the truth all the time especially about foreign policy.

Message was edited by: josephg®

The potential to put troops on the ground is gone??

Apr 12, 2015, 11:54 AM [ in reply to you Completely Missed The Point ]

Man, I must have missed that news! That sucks! Wait, are you sure about that?

Re: The potential to put troops on the ground is gone??

Apr 12, 2015, 12:29 PM

everything that is done to HELP obama`s muslims and HURT the USA and Isreal!! as soon as the American people understand that we will be better off!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tinfoil hat much?***

Apr 12, 2015, 10:06 PM

Negative ghost rider. Sitting peacefully on CIC sipping coffee isn't experience.

Apr 11, 2015, 2:38 PM [ in reply to No, he doesn't. Coach K was in the Army and stationed in ]

It's part of his job. Doesn't mean he understands or is good at it. The President has consistently demonstrated a lack of understanding many things even tough he is envolved every day. The resurgent economy is more a by product of monetary policy and the fossil fuel boom than fiscal policy.

When the President announces a military strategy, why does he do it? PR.

I actually agree with most of your points, nor am I advocating escalation vs ISIS. (Although your rationale for what makes someone a terrorist is unfounded non emperical opinion. The US has a long history of meddlesome actions and not every country or region produces terrorism.)

My points were 1) It's poor strategy for the President to tip his hand, and 2) Coach K via his military training and experience is qualified to discuss military strategy.

CTFD.

I liked when GW caught the twin tower mass murderer

Apr 12, 2015, 12:31 PM

Oh wait, was that him? Did he succeed in his military policies? And by the way, the economy tanked under his leadership. Completely tanked. I don't know, maybe you didn't like him either, but I seriously doubt it. And

Re: Negative ghost rider. Sitting peacefully on CIC sipping coffee isn't experience.

Apr 12, 2015, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Negative ghost rider. Sitting peacefully on CIC sipping coffee isn't experience. ]

Amen

Idiotic to ever think about boots on the ground in that

Apr 11, 2015, 1:44 PM

region again. What did the last two wars there accomplish? Create more of a terrorist threat to us.

Re: I like Coach K a little better now...***

Apr 12, 2015, 9:13 AM

Apr 12, 2015, 10:11 PM

Yep not a big fan of coach K; however he nailed it with the cockroach in the WH

Replies: 38
| visibility 4,416
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic