Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Death Valley impresses during recruiting weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

New Story: Death Valley impresses during recruiting weekend

Sep 8, 2014, 7:01 AM

Death Valley impresses during recruiting weekend

The Clemson coaching staff didn’t host a ton of big name recruits this past weekend, but Death Valley and the Clemson crowd impressed the three 2016 4-star recruits who were on hand as Clemson defeated South Carolina State 73-7. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Death Valley impresses during recruiting weekend

Sep 8, 2014, 8:56 AM

They picked a great day to see a lot of guys get on the field, and the crowd, from what I could tell, was pretty danged good for a really hot day against SCS which really is not much of a draw. Still, What a great place to be on a Saturday afternoon in the fall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was NOT impressed with the crowd.

Sep 8, 2014, 9:11 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if that was just lip service by those recruits. I certainly hope they liked what they saw, but I can't remember the last time so few fans were in the seats for pregame, and I was disgusted by how many people didn't come back after halftime (don't even get me started on how people mostly stayed around for the Marching 101, and then Tiger Band played to empty seats). I KNOW it was just SC State, and I KNOW it was hot, but I've come to expect a lot more from our fans since the Chad Era began.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize this was a family game and most had kids in

Sep 8, 2014, 10:01 AM

that god awful heat right? God people get the stick out of your #### and enjoy the game, stop policing and worrying about what others do so you can enjoy the game for yourself, if you sat there disgusted then I doubt you enjoyed the game, lighten up its the first game of the season and it's the game family's come to you can't expect the usual crowd for fsu or USuCk on that day when it's hot as helll and they called for rain all weekend

I left at halftime.

Sep 8, 2014, 10:01 AM [ in reply to I was NOT impressed with the crowd. ]

I've never done that before, but maybe I'm just getting older. It was freaking hot as heck. We were playing a team that should NOT be on our schedule. And it was a 12:30 kickoff.

You want fans in the stands? Play early season games at night when it's cooler. And schedule better.

I stuck it out for the whole game. I'm usually

Sep 8, 2014, 10:32 AM

disappointed when fans don't return after halftime. However, I can understand this time. It was brutally hot. I will give props to the ones who stuck it out but can fully understand the need to leave for the health concerns.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah me and my girlfriend made the trip

Sep 8, 2014, 11:39 AM

From myrtle beach this weekend. I stayed the whole game but she had to leave early bc she couldn't handle the heat. We were also sitting on the away side so the sun was glaring down on us the whole game. The only thing that really kept me there was the cheerleaders. Clemson has some very attractive cheerleaders

Re: I was NOT impressed with the crowd.

Sep 8, 2014, 10:08 AM [ in reply to I was NOT impressed with the crowd. ]

Sorry to disappoint you ...

My wife and I had to leave for our health. I have never had to do that before but I couldn't take the heat.

The game is important but Clemson games are family affairs and the fact that we all spend time together for the day is more important to me than the game.

I did come back for the 4th quarter to take my grandchildren on the field after the game. What a great atmosphere we have at Clemson!

Go Tigers!

Heat, I can understand so no need to diss those who

Sep 8, 2014, 11:33 AM [ in reply to I was NOT impressed with the crowd. ]

physically can't take it...but if there were boo birds flying when Cole came out to QB, then I'm appalled at those fans...and they should go cheer for the coots.

That's pathetic. If I were a QB and like Cooper and heard the crowd booing there starting QB, do you really think I would want to be a part of that?

Those that boo...get bent, we don't want you...

Re: I was NOT impressed with the crowd.

Sep 8, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to I was NOT impressed with the crowd. ]

yea I stayed until about 8 min left in 3rd Q. I had a 7 year old and 5 year old with me. They couldn't stand it anymore it was so hot. I enjoyed the game and prob would have stayed until at least the 4th Q but man I had to protect my kids from the heat.

I'll gladly admit I left after the Marching 101

Sep 8, 2014, 1:53 PM [ in reply to I was NOT impressed with the crowd. ]

who weren't very impressive by the way.

It was ungodly hot, I was in the upper deck where there is no shade whatsoever, an we were beating SC State like they stole something. Why would I stay in the stadium with no shade and drinks that are marked up several hundred percent when I could go back to my shaded tailgate and have all the food and drinks I want? I would've stayed if the game was any good, but it obviously wasn't worth it for me (or the vast majority of fans) to stay.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic