Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shut up and ACT!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Shut up and ACT!

Nov 20, 2020, 4:34 PM

Interesting theory nonetheless...

https://twitter.com/EdwardNorton/status/1329728889296355328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1329728889296355328%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.distractify.com%2Fp%2Fedward-norton-trump-thread

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I laughed at this response...

Nov 20, 2020, 4:39 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I laughed at this response...

Nov 21, 2020, 1:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shut up and ACT!

Nov 20, 2020, 4:56 PM

Getting himself pardoned is certainly on his mind. Absent a better option, he will pardon himself. 1000% certain.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pardoned for what?***

Nov 20, 2020, 5:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pardoned for what?***

Nov 20, 2020, 5:03 PM

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/20/937044524/once-out-of-office-trump-faces-significant-legal-peril

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can he be pre-pardoned, just in case he's guilty of

Nov 20, 2020, 5:05 PM

...something?

Yes, I believe that's what the Nixon pardon was.***

Nov 20, 2020, 5:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except that he can't legally do so.

Nov 20, 2020, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Shut up and ACT! ]

And he likely won't resign on the 19th and let Pence do it, either, unless he's way, way more fucked than we know and has no choice. Going to those lengths for a pardon is nothing short of an admission of full guilt, and he won't let that happen to his legacy unless he's certain he's headed to prison otherwise. He may well be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won't be going to prison.

Nov 20, 2020, 5:15 PM

An ex president won't go to prison.

I mean if Rick Hendrick didn't go to jail, Trump sure won't***

Nov 20, 2020, 5:15 PM

That's been true for 200+ years.

Nov 20, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to He won't be going to prison. ]

I'm not so sure it's the case today.

Oj didn't go to jail.

Nov 20, 2020, 5:28 PM

Trump ain't going to jail.

Hillary didn't go to jail

Nov 20, 2020, 10:05 PM

:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: He won't be going to prison.

Nov 21, 2020, 6:59 AM [ in reply to He won't be going to prison. ]

There will be ex presidents going to prison. President Trump will see to it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have not confirmed but

Nov 20, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Except that he can't legally do so. ]

I read an article the other day encouraging Biden to pardon Trump. The underlying theory of the article was that it would allow healing in the country. Setting that aside, the authors claim that in order to accept a pardon you have to admit that you’re guilty...literally.

Re: Have not confirmed but

Nov 20, 2020, 5:29 PM

Setting that aside, the authors claim that in order to accept a pardon you have to admit that you’re guilty...literally.

Did Nixon?

Interesting...

Nov 20, 2020, 5:42 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burdick_v._United_States#Later_use

Burdick ruled that a pardon is an imputation of guilt and has to be accepted to be valid.

Ford carried a copy in his wallet.

100% the turkey he's going to pardon is named Donald J Trump

Nov 20, 2020, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Shut up and ACT! ]

#loophole

I'm gonna draw a comparison here...

Nov 20, 2020, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Shut up and ACT! ]

Watching Trumpies react to their savior getting trounced in the election is like watching Gamecock fans when Spurrier quit on them.

If Trump goes to prison after that, it'll be like watching them lose to the Citadel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 20, 2020, 4:59 PM

I think Norton is wrong on that one. What type of deal and on what charges?

I haven't followed it that much honestly...

Nov 20, 2020, 5:02 PM

but firing the the USA in New York apparently put a woman in control of that office that has a whole lot of cases ready to file against Trump and maybe others. I saw something in passing the other day suggesting that Epstein's lady fried was singing to prosecutors and then you have tax fraud and evasion lawsuits as well.

Re: I haven't followed it that much honestly...

Nov 20, 2020, 5:24 PM

I've been saying the biggest thing could well be money laundering.

There's a school of thought from those with their ears closer to the ground that when he got those four bankruptcies and Western banks stopped loaning to him, he ended up having to go to sketchier sources (meaning, Russian oligarchs) with hat in hand...they gave him his money, does anybody think they did it out of the goodness of their hearts? Well, what would Russian oligarchs with endless but dirty (and hence, mostly unspendable) money need from Donald Trump? Well, that's not hard to divine. They would have wanted him to clean their money and because he had a bunch of businesses and high-end properties and he was perfectly situated to do that.

If this theory is correct, he was a part of the Global Laundromat - from, big surprise, Deutsche Bank - that got exposed last year but of course any prosecutor who suspected this and was in a position to actually do something about it wasn't going to breathe a word of it because there was just about zero chance anything would stick to Trump while he was in office and any attempt to even begin an inquiry would get it killed on the spot. But I think that's a big part of what's coming for him, and have for awhile.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/apr/17/deutsche-bank-faces-action-over-20bn-russian-money-laundering-scheme

I can see it. Russians and Chinese launder boohoo $$

Nov 20, 2020, 11:02 PM

Through real estate all over the country.

They want to expatriate money so they find a “Marty” to create a Delaware based LLC and then park their Rubles or yuan notes in a few dozen condos over at Trump Tower. It’s a dirty, dirty business.

Epic insult

Nov 20, 2020, 8:22 PM

"...vindictive little 10-ply super soft b!tch..."

Gotta remember that one. Applies to a few Trumpies here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 20, 2020, 8:42 PM

LOL, you guys and your TDS circle jerk. Trump is a choir boy compared to the Clintons, Obamas, and Bidens, but you have no issues with them. Y’all are pathetic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic