Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Questions for Democrats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Questions for Democrats

May 18, 2020, 12:46 PM

Let's set Trump's past aside... I think we can all agree that Trump is no role model.

During Trump's presidency, what has he done that you disagree with. I want to talk just about policy. I don't care about his stupid tweets. Also, do you think he has been corrupt as a president?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cue

May 18, 2020, 12:50 PM

FBCoachSC® RANT.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think he eventually comes to correct

May 18, 2020, 12:56 PM

policy ideas. Of course he has to do the whole troll, ### hole, dumb ### song and dance before we get there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Nice honesty +1***

May 18, 2020, 1:02 PM

Of course about the only thing he's done

May 18, 2020, 1:05 PM

besides being a massive prick is that tax cut

and butchering this pandemic

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Of course about the only thing he's done

May 18, 2020, 1:22 PM

besides being a massive prick is that tax cut

and butchering this pandemic

Are you saying you are not in favor of the tax cut? I got a nice cut and I am by no means rich....

I dont think he butchered the pandemic. The only criticism I can understand is that he didn’t
Act quickly enough. However China and the WHO purposefully misled the world.

In late January the WHO said hat coronavirus didn’t transmit human to human. Do you think he should have shut down the economy and travel then? When he did act, he was called xenophobic by the left. The third in line to be president was telling people to go to Chinatown in mid February because of racism.

It’s easy to look back and say it e should have shut down earlier, but we didn’t have the information at the time.

I would add his 'wokeness' on China after decades

May 18, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Of course about the only thing he's done ]

of gross negligence by several administrations. They are infiltrating every institution we have - government, business, and education, from univ to grade school. They are predators of the worst kind. He stared them down in a trade war and won, and just as we won it the Wuhan virus hit. Was there a link? All I will say is this: I understand why he thinks so and is so frustrated with them over it.

Forget everything we know about Trump, Clinton or Biden. I will overlook all of it to have a person in that seat who is wiling to acknowledge what China is doing and will do something about it. Right now, he is that person. If it was only Hilary, I promise you I would vote for her.

Biden can't spell China. If he's in office, Chinese lobbying, money and espionage will be back in full swing.

Don chit yourself.

May 18, 2020, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Nice honesty +1*** ]

FBC got that off a CNN writer's tweet.

https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/1262390516756471810?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1262390516756471810&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fsamj-3930%2F2020%2F05%2F18%2Fchris-cillizza-calls-trump-an-unlikable-jerk-that-gets-stuff-done-and-youd-think-hed-kicked-a-puppy-the-way-the-left-is-melting-down%2F

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a D, but he literally invited the Taliban to Camp David

May 18, 2020, 12:50 PM

what are you, retarded?

There are some good Taliban and some bad Taliban,

May 18, 2020, 12:52 PM

right? ;)

Re: Not a D, but he literally invited the Taliban to Camp David

May 18, 2020, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Not a D, but he literally invited the Taliban to Camp David ]

hotsawce said:

what are you, retarded?

You seem like a nice guy...

Re: Not a D, but he literally invited the Taliban to Camp David

May 18, 2020, 12:55 PM

Agree, it's an insult to the mentally challenged community..

May 18, 2020, 1:09 PM

to compare them to us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know you're not retarded

May 18, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a D, but he literally invited the Taliban to Camp David ]

what are you, down syndrome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQDIkD_BFQ

You can't make peace with your friends.***

May 18, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Not a D, but he literally invited the Taliban to Camp David ]

It’s kind of hard to ignore his behavior, since one of the main tasks

May 18, 2020, 1:20 PM

as a president is to lead, and he has proven himself to be an awful “leader,” IMO the worst we’ve ever had. However, putting that aside, I am an independent, but definitely an anti-Trumper. I disagree with a lot of the environmental rollbacks he has done. Pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement, rolling back much of the Clean Water Act (which he announced at a home builders trade show, so it was clear who he was trying to help with the move), etc.

I think his tariff war with China is counterproductive and hurting Americans more than it is helping.

I didn’t agree with him shutting down the government over not getting his wall funding. He had an opportunity to get much more money for it before, but he isn’t as good of a deal maker as he thinks he is.

There’s other smaller things, but those are the main ones off the top of my head. Aside from how awful he is as a president from a personal standpoint, he’s also done some things I agree with. The corporate tax cut, getting Mexico to enforce their immigration. My main problem with him (again, only about policy) is that he hasn’t really done very much. He had a Republican house and senate his first two years. He did the tax cut, renegotiated NAFTA (which really didn’t change a lot), but hasn’t really done much else. I’m glad he has business-friendly policies, and that’s helped the economy stay strong (before all this covid stuff), but outside of the tax cut things were humming along on a good trajectory already, so I don’t credit him much for creating that. There’s just not much that he’s done to back up all his talk. So all in all, the little bit he has done that I agree with that does not make up for how embarrassing he is, and I will be proudly voting against him come November.

As always, I'm confused by...

May 18, 2020, 1:47 PM

your supposition that the tariffs are hurting Americans more than China. The only goods which have increased in cost to the US are PPE which was by Chinese design being that they intentionally spread the virus across the globe while they sucked up every piece of PPE on the market.

Also, we know that China is the world's largest contributor to carbon contaminations in the atmosphere and how our good relationship with China over the past 30+ years has greatly contributed to China's damage to our air. So how did the PCA help and why should the US, which is one of the world's least carbon producing nations suffer growth while China is allowed to continue its business as usual?

What exactly do you feel is bad leadership from a man who promotes growth in the housing industry? Are you trying to force housing prices to rise to increase personal net worth of homeowners or rental rates for those who do not own homes?

So how about those rollbacks of environmental policies which allowed for petro production? How is creating jobs and getting lower cost to operate businesses like transportation, manufacturing and construction bad? When you respond to this question please keep in mind that our transportation, manufacturing and construction industries have a far smaller carbon footprint than China, India and other third world chithole nations which the PCA allowed to run rampant under the guise of being developing nations. Please?

As always, you just make stuff up. Just google China tariff price increase,

May 18, 2020, 2:49 PM

and there is story after story of American companies that have had to raise prices because of the trade war. You’re a nutjob.

Re: As always, you just make stuff up. Just google China tariff price increase,

May 18, 2020, 3:00 PM

I would not be dishonest to say you are a liar but instead I'll just post the google search and let the facts say it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=china+tariff+increase+prices+in+US&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS854US854&oq=china+tariff+increase+prices+in+US&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.18229j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Ummmm... there’s plenty of articles in that link that talk about

May 18, 2020, 3:02 PM

products that have gone up in price because of the tariffs.... so what’s your point?

Re: Ummmm... there’s plenty of articles in that link that talk about

May 18, 2020, 3:41 PM
PBS.PNG(16.6 K)

Only one addresses actual price increases and reports there is no increase. The following is a list of those on that first page which support your argument with speculation, presumption, conjecture and other democrat nonsense.

"Hidden sales tax: How Trump’s tariffs will impact prices — and what consumers can do about it

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/31/what-you-should-buy-on-labor-day-as-trade-tensions-heat-up.html

"Altogether, the president’s tariffs could increase nationwide consumer costs by nearly $78 billion annually. This estimate includes the president’s latest tariff actions.

https://www.americanactionforum.org/research/the-total-cost-of-trumps-new-tariffs/

"How Much Will the Trade War Cost You by the End of the Year?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/business/economy/trade-war-costs.html

PBS, the bastion of fair and balanced gets in on the act...

And of course the one which addresses the actual cost increases...

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/making-sense/what-trumps-tariffs-have-cost-the-u-s-economy

Of course one article covers the truth...

"U.S. tariffs on China have oddly little effect on import prices. What’s going on?"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-tariffs-on-china-have-oddly-little-effect-on-import-prices-whats-going-on-2019-11-25

So how does it feel when your dishonestly is on display?

Go home you’re drunk. There’s an article about Costco raising prices,

May 18, 2020, 4:23 PM

another listing products by category that have seen price increases. Audio equipment, furniture, clothing, personal computers, etc.

You’re a moron

How about a C&P from that article.

May 18, 2020, 4:33 PM

You just say things and expect people to believe you but you're shown yourself dishonest.

Good lord you’re incompetent. No, I’m not going to hold your hand

May 18, 2020, 4:42 PM

like a second grader. If you can’t look at the google search you posted and then claimed how none of them said anything about price increases, and find the info yourself, then you shouldn’t be posting here. Here’s a hint- the headlines help. You’re clearly a moron.

You're not only dishonest you're a slanderer.

May 18, 2020, 4:59 PM
fortune.PNG(64.5 K)

I did nothing to draw the inner evil from your soul.

You plainly said there were many on that page which shows price increases from the tariffs. Fact is the only one you pointed out was not accessible to you nor the general public without a paid subscription to the site.

I think you are fabricating another story because the following snip shows that there is only speculation in that article.

"“At the end of the day, prices will go up on things,” the wholesale retailer’s chief financial officer Richard Galanti told investors, during an earnings call last week."

Again, you created the delusion that you actually can read.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Here you go since you're incompetent.

May 18, 2020, 5:31 PM

From the article below (the last article on the first page, since I know you need hand-holding):
https://qz.com/1687095/the-products-getting-more-expensive-under-trumps-trade-war/

Price Change in Past Year (% Above 3-yr. Avg. Price Change)
Audio equipment 8.4%
Infant and outdoor furniture 7.9%
Women’s outerwear 7.7%
Men’s suits, sport coats, and outerwear 6.2%
Photographic equipment and supplies 5.7%
Furniture and bedding 5.0%
Sewing machines, fabric, and supplies 4.9%
Photographic equipment 4.6%
Video equipment 4.5%
Personal computers 4.4%

So you posted a google results link. You then claimed that none of the articles provided any evidence of prices going up. This is obviously false since there clearly is evidence. Which means you didn't read the articles, lied, and made $hit up. And you call me dishonest...

The fact that your vote counts is what is wrong with this country.

Re: Here you go since you're incompetent.

May 18, 2020, 7:18 PM

That article says 'probably,' indicating there is not evidence other than opinion.

Since when is opinion considered fact?

Some more evidence for you.

May 18, 2020, 5:36 PM [ in reply to You're not only dishonest you're a slanderer. ]

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tariffs-consumer-price-effect-20190514-story.html

https://chicago.suntimes.com/consumer-affairs/2019/8/30/20840995/us-china-trade-war-consumer-price-increase

https://www.brewbound.com/news/aluminum-can-producers-warn-of-price-increases-as-president-trump-threatens-to-increase-tariffs-on-chinese-imports

Supposition, conjecture, speculation and opinion.

May 18, 2020, 7:21 PM

That's all you've show here. Facts are absent from your post because you believe what you want without any support other than agreeing with others who believe what they want without any support other than supposition, speculation and your opinion.

Stop letting them deceive you. It's unbecoming for a Clemson gentleman.

It’s only an “opinion” when it proves you made $hit up I guess.

May 18, 2020, 8:16 PM

The owner of the hardware store “holds a May 2019 letter from a supplier notifying him that prices will be increasing 10 to 18 percent because of US tariffs on Chinese goods. He says he has no choice but to raise store prices on those products.”

That’s not an opinion, moron, thats a customer receiving a price increase because of the tariffs. You’re a moron, and I seriously hope you didn’t graduate from Clemson, because that would definitely devalue my degree.

I am not going to answer a guy who will

May 18, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to As always, I'm confused by... ]

speak like he does just because a person disagrees with him. So I will talk with you. Thank you for your post.

Sure, leveling the playing field with China will cause the price of some goods to increase. If you sell your soul to an enemy simply get cheap widgets, you deserve the tyranny you end up with. And the term "trade war" is a falsehood. We demanded nothing from China other than equal treatment. Imposing tariffs as a tactic to get a country to take off its tariffs on you is not starting a trade war; it is ending one.

China is flat out invading us, and that is not too strong a word. We need them out of our education system, we need their money out of lobbying efforts, and we need them out of industrial and military espionage. We have been through several appeasing presidents on this, and I am glad we have one who has his head out of the sand on them.

The original stated goal was not to get China to take its tariffs off of us.

May 18, 2020, 3:24 PM

The original goal was around curbing intellectual property theft, forced technology transfers, and buying up of US tech companies.

And call it what you want, but this back and forth with a China fits the definition of a trade war in my opinion. Sidenote, remember when Trump said “trade wars are good, and easy to win?” Seems this one hasn’t been as “easy” as he thought.

Since the US is China's biggest consumer...

May 18, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to I am not going to answer a guy who will ]

China can not afford for US demand to decrease. The Chinese Communist Gov always subsidizes their industries and manipulates the prices. What they are doing with the tariffs is a continuation of Chinese government's business practices.

Your buddy left out currency manipulation as one of the prime reasons for the tariffs which was certainly a form of attack on US trade.

You're right, we have been at war with them since they were admitted into the W.T,O.

check out this list. just for first two years alone

May 18, 2020, 2:29 PM

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the-complete-listing-so-far-atrocities-1-546

Re: check out this list. just for first two years alone

May 18, 2020, 2:55 PM

haha! this is a ridiculous article. ALso, I said I would like to stick to policy. Anyways, here is one of the atrocities by Trump mentioned in the article. LOL.

– May 5, 2016 – For the Mexican holiday of Cinco de Mayo, Donald Trump posted a photo of himself eating a taco bowl to Facebook and Twitter, captioned, “Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!”

what, you can't address every one of the other 300 points?***

May 18, 2020, 4:21 PM

Re: Questions for Democrats

May 18, 2020, 8:34 PM

I can say he has done nothing at all, other than the great job he has done on the border. He has been as lame and mess in every other way. He is the worst president of all time. He has done nothing. It's all about him. What a mess.

Re: Questions for Democrats

May 18, 2020, 10:41 PM

Independent leaning Democrat. People over parties. Ideas over sound bites.

The western world was ready to unite behind a good battle with China over intellectual property rights. Trump picked a fight on trade with everyone instead at the same time, literally the entire world save Russia and Saudi Arabia. Blown opportunity when he inherited a growing economy amid a mostly stagnant global playing field, with the US possessing both the economic and military might. With a global crisis at hand now requiring trust and cooperation with old allies this hasn't helped. Not sure of goal other than red meat for image. Lose / Lose

Trump inherited an economy averaging over 2% growth for 3 years and full national employment (<5%) - good times, leading most of the world. You can argue the tax cuts and why there would be a need to pour that kind of gasoline at that time on a nice fire, but the real and vast disappointment, which I am still amazed doesn't stir conservatives in much fashion, are the massive environmental protection rollbacks that have unfolded during the process. Trump's promises of massive GDP expansion have never been in sight, and these past 3 years only slightly outpace Obama's last 3, including Dow, unemployment, GDP, wages. Many companies are actually resisting the lighter offers of pollutant leniency. Manufacturing jobs were actually tapering off again as 2019 wrapped up, not growing. Clean water, clean air, clean soil - we were expanding in all areas with more of this on the horizon. This trade off is alarming and not near worth, in any fashion, the ROI.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic