Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know there are less and less true Clemson fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

I know there are less and less true Clemson fans

Feb 19, 2018, 9:27 AM

due to so many kids not being able to become alums now with the increasing academic rigor.

But man, Duke has a real problem with this. No way the guys around me were true Duke fans (aka alums).

Those guys would've had trouble in the bridge program if I'm just judging a book by its cover. Definitely didn't have test scores to get into Duke.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama football fans, Duke basketball fans.***

Feb 19, 2018, 9:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami Hurricanes share this problem...***

That seems like profiling & profiling is wrong...***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That seems like profiling & profiling is wrong...***

Feb 19, 2018, 10:37 AM

It always worked for the Nature Boy .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 19, 2018, 11:00 AM [ in reply to That seems like profiling & profiling is wrong...*** ]

If opposing fans are at a Clemson home game holding an IPTAY donor, alumni, or student ticket to get into one of our home games, somebody FCKed up!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 1:41 PM

Agree. There were apparently some Clemson students there supporting Duke while sitting int he Clemson student section. I mean come on, that's absolutely F###ed.

The lady beside me had on a Clemson class ring and was

Feb 19, 2018, 9:38 AM

decked out in all Duke clothing, had a Duke flag and was cheering wildly for Duke. Evidently her Clemson experience was much different than mine. GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Wait just a minute there

Feb 19, 2018, 10:25 AM

Since when did it take being an alumni or graduate from Clemson to be a “true “ fan. Clemson has been supported by many more non attendees than alumni. Many of which like me and my family. Grew up poor dirt farmers who loved their Tigers!!!! So don’t come at me with that bullcrap bud.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait just a minute there

Feb 19, 2018, 10:30 AM

One more thing, my late dad could barely read or write but gave every spare nickel to iptay for 50 years and went to every home and away football game... ghesh I hope I never meet you. Spewing that crap aint a real “fan”.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a great friend who graduated College of Chas....

Feb 19, 2018, 12:05 PM

whose grandfather is in the Clemson athletic HOF. His Dad went to Clemson. He and his brother were born in Clemson while his Dad attended Clemson and his Mom raised them in Clemson until his Dad finished school. He just donated many tens of thousands to IPTAY this year. He grew up with his bedroom painted in Tiger colors. He loves Clemson. He didn't graduate but he is a die hard Clemson fan. I call him and talk to him almost every game. Being a fan just means you love Clemson.

This has been debated ad nauseum on the Tiger Bored(s)

Feb 19, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Wait just a minute there ]

and the overwhelming conclusion was that only alums are "true fans".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: This has been debated ad nauseum on the Tiger Bored(s)

Feb 19, 2018, 4:37 PM

Well idk about the alums on here but I have been a true Clemson fan way before college was even a thought.

Odd that they never turn down our 'fake fan' money.***

Feb 20, 2018, 1:38 PM [ in reply to This has been debated ad nauseum on the Tiger Bored(s) ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This has been debated ad nauseum on the Tiger Bored(s)

Feb 20, 2018, 11:11 PM [ in reply to This has been debated ad nauseum on the Tiger Bored(s) ]

And you have this in writing from IPTAY to help them return funds of non-fans?

Feb 19, 2018, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Wait just a minute there ]

Don't shoot the messenger, bud. I'm just relating the facts about what makes someone a true fan.

Feb 20, 2018, 11:03 PM

“Facts”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know there are less and less true Clemson fans

Feb 19, 2018, 10:28 AM

If there are actually fewer Clemson fans than last month, most of the remaining fans must be women, because the Ladies football clinic sold out in under 6 minutes this morning.

Feb 19, 2018, 10:28 AM

I would say someone who grows up in the state of SC and is a Clemson fan from birth but doesn’t attend the university is more of a “true” fan than someone who attends from out of state and becomes a fan that way.

Feb 19, 2018, 10:38 AM

Your best thought out , clearest example of correctness yet on the TNets .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I know there are less and less true Clemson fans***

Feb 19, 2018, 11:47 AM

I would too...

Feb 19, 2018, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I know there are less and less true Clemson fans ]

but we'd both be wrong. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 2:00 PM

I've seen several people over the years cheer for a team like Clemson or Georgia in football, and for UNC or Duke in basketball. I'm sure some of legit reasons such as growing up in NC and thus being a fan of one of the NC schools as a kid, and then attending Clemson. However, I've known a few who cheer for the NC schools in basketball because of the lack of Clemson success in the success in the sport. I know one Georgia football fan who is a big UNC basketball fan for that same reason.

Not saying I agree with it, but I've seen it.

Feb 19, 2018, 4:27 PM

The only other team I will cheer for in basketball is Duke, except for when they play Clemson.
Wake basketball is..meh
NC State is just a trashy place in general.
UNC is only successful because they cheated.

Duke, while pretentious, is a clean program that straight up wins. They are good for the conference as well.

Feb 19, 2018, 4:34 PM

How is being an alum make you a true fan?

Feb 19, 2018, 7:23 PM

Agreed. I’m a life long Tiger who never attended a class. I chose a different path and enlisted in the Marine Corps and after that life took over and never made it to Clemson after all was said and done. This however does not make my love for all things Clemson any less than someone who was fortunate enough to graduate from the university. I respect those who got a degree from this great institution but I assure you they do not love the Tigers anymore than I do.

You can't pull for Duke or UNC and be a Clemson fan

Feb 19, 2018, 4:47 PM

turn in your diploma or Tiger card.

Feb 19, 2018, 6:44 PM

Yeah that 80k plus that packs DV on Sats are all
Alums.
I would say about 30% maybe if only Alums were true Clemson fans we could play our games in a stadium like Duke has .

Hey, is it August already and did the football team just

Feb 20, 2018, 1:46 PM

only win 8 games? I thought that is when we talked about how only alums are true fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic