Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know some people aren't ecstatic about last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,017

I know some people aren't ecstatic about last night

Sep 20, 2013, 10:59 AM

but I feel pretty good about it. Thursday night games are always hard on the away team. It was our first away game, so it was the first time some of our players had ever played college football outside of the friendly confines of Death Valley. I think everyone, even Heisman candidates, are going to have a game or two where they don't play as well as they can. I'm thinking Boyd and the offense return to their normal play next week. I bet the coaches are going to be all over them this week, they have plenty of film to coach them with.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With our history on Thursday night, any W is a blessing***

Sep 20, 2013, 11:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With our history on Thursday night, any W is a blessing***

Sep 20, 2013, 11:11 AM

You can say that again. Our program is on the rise, but I don't know that we are quite at the elite level yet. It feels kind of funny to not be fully satisfied with a double digit win against any conference opponent away on Thursday night, but I don't think anyone, including me, is satisfied with what we saw last night. I think Clemson will have the offense cranked up and the foot on the pedal next week.

Won the game in a manner that should re-focus this .....

Sep 20, 2013, 11:08 AM

team on the importance of bringing your A game every time out. may be a good thing when all is said and done. plenty of teachable moments that hopefully will humble the team and keep them hungry. I actually hope we drop a little in the polls to re-enforce the issue.

Re: Won the game in a manner that should re-focus this .....

Sep 20, 2013, 11:11 AM

I'm not one of those people. We won. We're 3-0.We have to improve each week to reach our ultimate goal for the season.We were aware of this before the game. Now ,we see how the team and Coaches respond.Go Tigers !!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Won the game in a manner that should re-focus this .....

Sep 20, 2013, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Won the game in a manner that should re-focus this ..... ]

Agree on all points.

Re: I know some people aren't ecstatic about last night

Sep 20, 2013, 11:14 AM

I agree. It was a tough atmosphere and NCSU held back a lot of what they do in their first games. I think the team will benefit from playing every week for a while and getting into a rhythm. I would like to see Boyd concentrate a little more on keeping his head in the game and take him off the TV and radio for a while. IMHO he's being fed too much Heisman hype and just needs to play ball and let things like that take care of themselves on the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was good for them - will bring everyone back down....

Sep 20, 2013, 11:36 AM

to earth so they'll realize what they're up against.

Honestly

Sep 20, 2013, 11:44 AM

I didn't think we played the best football against SC State. The offense wasn't clicking very well in that game too. I'm glad Bryant started making some catches. He's been hyped up by the coaches so it feels good for him to get in there and make some big plays. I hope they can get things turned around by the FSU game. One game I'm scared about is the Georgia Tech game.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,017
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic